[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

wastemoney

Mar 6, 2011
i tried the chown and chmod from adb shell but it didn't work for me (my Kyros). I didn't try the steps from LarryS but I just simply unroot and root it again with z4root and that gave me back su access in TE

BTW, how can I thank L_N for this wonderful mod. cannot find a the "THANKS" button =)

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
lower left of each post frame :)

oh, and i'll hopefully have some AOSP goodness for the kyros soon..

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
Take a look at my March 5 post to see how we solved the TE-SU issue. Interesting that it only occurred on one of a pair of Kyros (Kyrii?) that were set up pretty much together.
--Larry

-- Sent from my Kyros 7015 from the Android Tablet forum, powered by Tapatalk.

NAh more common than that, it is just that it is only really noticeable when you try to use terminal emulator and most users avoid that like the plague. I had all kinds of trouble with Titanium backup as well. It appears to not have permission to write to the data partition? I assume related. I still feel that switching to Bash has had some effect. ...Could be wrong though.

Bill

benash

Dec 16, 2010
I went back and wiped the cache as well and everything is working very well with 1.1 (except the darn 'blue' coloration in some of the web pages...) I can live with the "blues" in order to get the more responsive tablet, though!

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
hrm. so i hadn't tested a terminal emulator..... ugh, i hate being wrong. and i do think it has to do with bash. i'll check /sdcard/bash_profile and see if i can find the problem.

Edit: BTW, you should have a file called sh.bak in /system/bin... guess what that is... it's a backup of the default shell.. just do this:
Code:
mv /system/bin/sh /system/bin/bash
mv /system/bin/sh.bak /system/bin/sh
chmod 0755 /system/bin/sh

Last edited:

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
Hello,

New build has a couple of issues, take a look at your Gallery and Music apps. Also one of the apps I installed ends up breaking You Tube. I will narrow it down for you but I my first guess would be TI since it does not work properly with either of the builds. I don't think a lot of the users have any idea how much work goes into ASOP builds...

Cheers

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I'll try to get a fixed zip posted tonight. In the meantime, you can just replace the apk's with working ones from an older zip.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011
No worries, already did that. Any ideas what is breaking You Tube? I like your version better than the one I used in my rom. Wish you all the best

Sent from my MID7015 using Tapatalk

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
It may be restored data. You can connect via adb and do this to see what's happening when youtube fails:
Code:
adb shell logcat
Just press ctrl-c after youtube crashes and then paste the relevant bits here or in a new thread.

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
Every thing you have listed for v1.2 is stuff I wanted. I am at work so I'll have to wait until tonight to try it out. Did you revert Bash or will I need to re4store from your backup folder?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
The shell and everything else in /system/bin is from the aosp build.

I tried replacing the libraries, but that resulted in bootloops.

geeyes

Dec 28, 2010
I installed Ver 1.2 without any problems and the unit is working nicely now. However, there are couple of minor issues for reading media files from the external sd card. None of the programs like Gallery, Music or the real player cannot ready any media files from the external sd card. Any suggestions?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
This is already known.. Just replace the Music and Gallery apk's with working copies from 1.1.

It may be vold.conf. Try copying the old one to the new build. It's possible I missed preserving some telechips-specific configs.