[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

geeyes

Dec 28, 2010
Thanks for your quick reply. Copied both files from ver 1.1 and re-installed. But no luck??

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Try replacing /system/etc/vold.conf with the old one. That file controls the mounting of the various drives/partitions. You'll need to reboot afterward.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

deenybird

Mar 6, 2011
l_n, some of my apps (Spaceman Dan lite) are displaying differently. The on-screen elements are all moved up and to the left. Is this because you changed the DPI? How can I fix this?

LCD Density is 200 in build.prop

I'm going to update to your 1.2 version. Because there are no 'upgrade' steps in your instructions, I am going to assume the steps for an update are the same as for first install...

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Yep. Just be sure to wipe data/cache because many system files were replaced this time around.

deenybird

Mar 6, 2011
What's up with apps displaying differently? Is there a change you made to this ROM that affects resolution or DPI? If YES, what's the workaround?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I've not noticed it, but it could be the lcd density. That's the only thing display related that I changed.

deenybird

Mar 6, 2011
Is the LCD density better this way? I'm sure you made the change for a good reason, would you mind sharing that reason?

It's my own apps (one's I programmed) that are displaying differently. I am wondering if I should change my apps so they are more 'resolution independent', or assume that most Android users won't ever see this problem....
Can't decide.... because programming for 'resolution independence' is borderline-impossible.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
The display looks better at 200. It gives you more screen real estate.

fubarito

Mar 6, 2011
Loaded 1.2 over 1.1 and seems faster to me.. nice wirk OP

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
credit for the bootanimation.zip goes to whoever put it on droidpirate.com :)

karlinda

Mar 7, 2011
I just added the watery kyros. Thank you -- it's nice! I am now trying to: 1) access my sdcard (it was "mount" after holding my finger at the top of the screen and pulling down) and 2) photos that were on the sdcard. Is there a new way for access/viewing the files on my sdcard?