Root complete! Now what?

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
It took me about an hour. I realized I messed up something and started over. Confirmed I have the market and some other new things in Extras. Can't figure out how to sync my gmail. Also want to try and download some apps from market and get a pretty home screen going. What else do I need to do? Anything else that is a must?

PS: When I start downloading new apps, will they save to the internal memory or the SD card?

Thanks once again to everyone who helped. I would not have been able to do this without this forum.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
It took me about an hour. I realized I messed up something and started over. Confirmed I have the market and some other new things in Extras. Can't figure out how to sync my gmail. Also want to try and download some apps from market and get a pretty home screen going. What else do I need to do? Anything else that is a must?

PS: When I start downloading new apps, will they save to the internal memory or the SD card?

Thanks once again to everyone who helped. I would not have been able to do this without this forum.

I used the steps here and it worked like a charm. No isses with anything. Try to resync again. Took me about 3-5 mins of waiting for it to pull down the 300+ emails from my wife's gmail account.

Here are 2 threads that helped me get on my feet after rooting.

My tips and app recommendations for new rooted Nook Color users

Suggestions after rooting

Hope this helps!