Thunderbolt for d2pad

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I chose "no" and it is working. What does choosing "yes" do - skip the fix?

Are there any possible drawbacks to this fix?

How do I reverse the process if I feel it is causing problems?

P.S.
1. This "Google Play Store not downloading" is a frequent problem even on unrooted stock rom devices.
2. For the nandi/nandk change to vold.fstab, I changed it in tb9.zip and the 2nd internal sd card shows up after installation.
3. When installing a rom, does it matter whether the "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache" is done before or after "install zip from sd card"?

Thanks for all your help,
Jim

yes just means delete script.

reflash in cw recovery select yes, will disable it or

just delete install-recovery.sh

you can do via adb or use a filemanger with root privilege.

file is located /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

jimc3

Nov 5, 2012
tb9.zip works very well. I have installed on two 09 D2pads. Play store and the 2nd internal sd card are working.

Thanks,
Jim

bleys2112

Nov 4, 2012
tb9.zip works very well. I have installed on two 09 D2pads. Play store and the 2nd internal sd card are working.

Thanks,
Jim

Nice, I grabbed another D2 as a Christmas gift and this time it is an 09. I will post results here after I try it out. The TB ROM on my 08 worked very well btw.

sunking

Dec 5, 2012
=======================================================================
Windows Install of Thunderbolt for D201208BxxxxxSN or D201209BxxxxxSN
=======================================================================

For 08:

volume up to scroll
power to select
volume down is back

For 09:

volume down to scroll
power to select
volume up is back
I have an 09 I just bought and the only button that works is the power. Any way around this? To clarify, the buttons work just fine, just not in the recovery screen :)

Last edited:

jimc3

Nov 5, 2012
I have an 09 I just bought and the only button that works is the power. Any way around this?

The part of my post that you quoted is how the volume buttons work while in Clockworkmod Recovery.
Otherwise the buttons simply control the volume for the speaker or headphones.

Where did you get your CWM Recovery from?

Last edited:

sunking

Dec 5, 2012
Last edited:

jimc3

Nov 5, 2012

Chojiki

Dec 5, 2012
I have an 09 I just bought and the only button that works is the power. Any way around this? To clarify, the buttons work just fine, just not in the recovery screen :)

Same problem here. CWM won't allow me to scroll.

D2-711 09 model as well.

Right now I'd settle for a full copy of the stock firmware as I've lost the use of the home button as well. The software off the official site won't detect my pad so that's out of the question. I'm at the point where I just want to set everything back to stock and wait until things are better developed for this hardware. Any help?

jimc3

Nov 5, 2012
Same problem here. CWM won't allow me to scroll.

D2-711 09 model as well.

Right now I'd settle for a full copy of the stock firmware as I've lost the use of the home button as well. The software off the official site won't detect my pad so that's out of the question. I'm at the point where I just want to set everything back to stock and wait until things are better developed for this hardware. Any help?

The original D2pads (e.g DII PAD_BK) came with 1Gb ram. DII PAD_BK

The newer D2pads (e.g. D2-711_BK) come with 512Kb ram. D2-711_BK

The October updates for the older D201208 and D201209 probably don't apply to the newer D2pad.
Currently there are no updates in the downloads section of the newer D2pads.

Based on the pictures of the newer ones, I can see that the buttons are not in the same place as on the older ones.
I suspect that the insides are different, too.

You can hope that one of the experts on this forum gets involved and creates a Clockworkmod Recovery for the new D2pad
or that the manufacturer creates a LiveSuite install so that you can restore its functionality.

You could also return it to Big Lots for a refund or exchange it.

jimc3

Nov 5, 2012
Yup. used the 209.

We have the same setup it appears: D201209 tablet, v6.0.1.5 CWM recovery from d209_recovery.zip.
My volume buttons work, but yours don't. I'm not sure where to go from here.
Perhaps vampirefo has an idea?

sunking

Dec 5, 2012
We have the same setup it appears: D201209 tablet, v6.0.1.5 CWM recovery from d209_recovery.zip.
My volume buttons work, but yours don't. I'm not sure where to go from here.
Perhaps vampirefo has an idea?
Ok, at this point I'll assume I did something stupid and try again from scratch. Although at the very least I did verify the size of the img file i copied over is the same.

sunking

Dec 5, 2012
Ok, at this point I'll assume I did something stupid and try again from scratch. Although at the very least I did verify the size of the img file i copied over is the same.
Ok, so an external multi media keyboard with a +/- volume works. I've placed tb9.zip in /sdcard and booted into recover. However when I try to find and install the tb9.zip it's not appearign in the root of the sdcard. I've renamed it to update.zip, same result, yells about not finding the file. Is there more to it than doing 'adb push <file> /sdcard' and then a 'adb reboot-recovery'?

zildjian251

Dec 8, 2012
Anyone else have any problems with Google search crashing?

Regardless the ROM except the Stock Firmware, as soon as I type any letter in the search box, I get "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped"

I am on TB right now. Same thing with CM9 and myfishbears ROM.

I have disable/re-enabled. cleared data etc.

Any Ideas?

jimc3

Nov 5, 2012
Anyone else have any problems with Google search crashing?

Regardless the ROM except the Stock Firmware, as soon as I type any letter in the search box, I get "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped"

I am on TB right now. Same thing with CM9 and myfishbears ROM.

I have disable/re-enabled. cleared data etc.

Any Ideas?

I'm having the same problem, but not every time. I'm running TB on the 1G "09" D2pad.
No ideas here. It is not at the top of my list because I can search using the browser.
I would like to know how to fix it, however.