Tipstir's | Rooted ROM | MOD ePad 2 v0.7c v2.0.0_105 | Hybrid (256MB) | Market Works

MrHabaki

Oct 25, 2010
New Update to v7c gone is RUDROID and that build V1.9_884 from the boot screen. Some other fixes also and software updates and add-ons.

Hey Tipstir,

from which ROM should I come to get your´s working? I couldn´t update your ROM neither from Rudroid, nor from rootet 2.0x.

System simply boots up and ignores script folder on SD-card!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Hey Tipstir,

from which ROM should I come to get your´s working? I couldn´t update your ROM neither from Rudroid, nor from rootet 2.0x.

System simply boots up and ignores script folder on SD-card!

Check your SDcard, also if it doesn't work then you might not be able to use these ROMs. I've tested all these and they load well.

MrHabaki

Oct 25, 2010
I tried on both of my flytouch and with two different sd cards :-( From which ROM did you come?

MrHabaki

Oct 25, 2010
Sorry, it was my fault! Just formated my microsdcard and now it works fine! Btw, how do I get skyforce to run?

Great ROM! Big thanks!!!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Sorry, it was my fault! Just formated my microsdcard and now it works fine! Btw, how do I get skyforce to run?

Great ROM! Big thanks!!!

That game runs and then runs. Make sure you rotate the screen p-mode not l-mode. Wack-o-mole is the same way.

Michel

Nov 7, 2010
Hi everyone,

I successfully updated my Flytouch to this rom, but then I forgot to delete the script folder on my sd card and rebooted.

I panic as my tablet re-flashing and I turned it off. Now the tablet does not boot with or without an sd card containing a rom in the script folder.

When I turn on my tablet, the screen stays black and nothing happens.

Any idea how I can get any firmware back on my flytouch?

Thanks a lot,

Michel

Michel

Nov 7, 2010
The only firmware I could find close was, 1.7.4 (LY706.1.7.4.V1) and still the tablet does not start the boot sequence.

I tried others, 1.8.2, 1.9.1 and the tablet never seems to start the boot sequence.

Do you have the link for 1.7.1?

Thank you very much,

Michel

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I've done what you did also. Press and hold the power and home menu at the same time. Until the screen shutdown.

Make sure the microSDHC is formatted to FAT32
Re-install script folder onto the root of the microSDHC
Press and hold the power until still you here it vibrate
Not FLASHing will take longer on this 7c20105
Wait until the screen reports to take out the SD card
Do Not leave that SD card in the system while the script folder is still named script.
Put that into another system
rename it to script7c
Insert it back into your tablet
Press and hold power until it vibrate
Wait for everything to finish installing as on the first bootup going to be a long delay.

clicku

Oct 25, 2010
The only firmware I could find close was, 1.7.4 (LY706.1.7.4.V1) and still the tablet does not start the boot sequence.

I tried others, 1.8.2, 1.9.1 and the tablet never seems to start the boot sequence.

Do you have the link for 1.7.1?

Thank you very much,

Michel

Look for this m001_1.7.1.rar I experienced your situation before. I took out the SD card while flashing. Same thing with you, got no boot, no display only green led light. I just flash it with this rom.

Last edited:

Michel

Nov 7, 2010
Thanks for your help. I'm about to give up and put the pad in the garbage :(

I formatted my SD card in Fat32.

As "clicku" mentioned, my screen is always black, no boot, red and green light. Red when charger plugged in and green when no power plugged in and I press the power button.

I tried m001_1.7.1.rar too. No luck. When I press and hold the power button, I never get the vibrate.

I tried to hold the power + menu shut down first. Still no luck.

Any other ideas that might save my tablet?

Thanks,

Michel

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Turn it on and let it drain out the battery then connect to power and turn it on. If the panel is always black then you have bad Panel with back-light failure.

Michel

Nov 7, 2010
I drained the battery, plugged it in with firmware on sd card and the device does not start up. I simply do not get the "vibrate" that you usually get when you start up. Nothing happens when I power up.

I would be surprised if this is a bad panel/screen because everything was working perfectly until I press the power button during the start up with a new firmware.

It is quite sad to think that because of that little power button press at the wrong time, the tablet cannot start up anymore.

So it looks like I'm shopping for a new tablet. I'm looking at the A81E with android 2.2 or the X5A with android 2.1. If anyone has any recommendations on either one, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks again for your help. RIP flytouch.

Doddy

Nov 13, 2010
i have an unmaked (no brand names on it) flytouch which lists under settings

Model number: generic
kernel version: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build number: wmt2.0

it doesn't vibrate so it may be a type of clone

I have never flashed anything other than a gizmondo before so can you tell me if this firmware will work on it or point me to one which will?

Last edited: