V. 1.1.0 won't install on rooted NC

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Yes, I copied the zip file to the root of the Nook. And image this, I even know how to verify that it is there. And as I said previously, No I do not have Clockwork Recovery installed.

Is the update to 1.1.0 still not working for you then?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Ok, so why was there an autorooter file for 1.0.0 and one for 1.0.1? Wouldn't we need one for 1.1.0 in order to get back to the point we're at now?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Ok, so why was there an autorooter file for 1.0.0 and one for 1.0.1? Wouldn't we need one for 1.1.0 in order to get back to the point we're at now?

That's what I thought but I am not sure. I am not about to test out the 1.0.1 nooter on the new update. Has anyone tried re-rooting with success after installing the 1.1.0 update?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Ok for those that want to unroot and reroot after applying the 1.1 update...I would wait. It looks like they are working on a new auto nooter for the 1.1 over at xda, but they don't have one yet. If your nook is in good working condition and rooted just hold off on updating to 1.1

Those that are not rooted just follow the B&N instructions to manual update or wait for it over the air.

If you want to block the update it is located in the useful info and rooting stickie.

Sent from my Droid

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Ok for those that want to unroot and reroot after applying the 1.1 update...I would wait. It looks like they are working on a new auto nooter for the 1.1 over at xda, but they don't have one yet. If your nook is in good working condition and rooted just hold off on updating to 1.1

Those that are not rooted just follow the B&N instructions to manual update or wait for it over the air.

If you want to block the update it is located in the useful info and rooting stickie.

Sent from my Droid

So is the otacerts.zip renaming defeating the 1.1 update? That's all I've done to mine, and so far it's not been updated. Do I need to do more?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Stelv, I seem to be stuck myself. My attempts to re-root have failed. :(

Guess I could re-install CWR, and restore myself back to 1.0.1.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Alright I have a question. I am not going to update myself, but there was this question in another thread....if one does not have CWR, but are rooted and want to manually load the 1.1 update, would it be better for them to factory restore first, then install 1.1 update or just run the update and break root then re root. Isn't a factory restore required somewhere in there? Sorry about the run-on sentences :)

I don't see how either would work, end result would be the same. You would have an un-rooted, or broke root NC with 1.1.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
So is the otacerts.zip renaming defeating the 1.1 update? That's all I've done to mine, and so far it's not been updated. Do I need to do more?

I believe that will stop the ota update. Installing clockwork recovery and making a backup may be a good idea. Read the how to on that carefully though if u do that.

Sent from my Droid

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Stelv, I seem to be stuck myself. My attempts to re-root have failed. :(

Guess I could re-install CWR, and restore myself back to 1.0.1.

Sorry to here that : ( I guess if people get stuck in 1.1 without root they could do a factory reset right? That will roll them back to 1.0 and then they could re-root?

Sent from my Droid

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Sorry to here that : ( I guess if people get stuck in 1.1 without root they could do a factory reset right? That will roll them back to 1.0 and then they could re-root?

Sent from my Droid

I guess some people could, I prefer to use my backup if I can. I just need to get CWR re-installed. But yes factory resets always work. :)

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I guess some people could, I prefer to use my backup if I can. I just need to get CWR re-installed. But yes factory resets always work. :)

Ok just so people know if they don't have a backup or get stuck. Yea I prefer to restore backup too. Time to get off this small screened droid and on to the nook!

Sent from my Droid

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Ok just so people know if they don't have a backup or get stuck. Yea I prefer to restore backup too. Time to get off this small screened droid and on to the nook!

Sent from my Droid

Well looks like I spoke too soon, can't re-install CWR. So..... I will have to factory reset back to 1.0.0, re-root, install CWR, and then restore my backup. :)

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
I will have to factory reset back to 1.0.0, re-root, install CWR, and then restore my backup

You're like the scrubbing bubbles comercial "We work hard, so you don't have to-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!" Much appreciated.

Anyhow, I would personally vote against attempting this for rooted users - you lose more than you gain. I did the "edit build.prop" method to hopefully avoid an OTA update. This method does a great job at tricking the nook's OS into thinking it's been updated. But no one's sure the OTA process will go for the fake.

Last edited:

MNMichael

Jan 28, 2011
Are you saying that I can upgrade the nook software to 1.5 after I have rooted the 1.0.1 version without messing up the root?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Are you saying that I can upgrade the nook software to 1.5 after I have rooted the 1.0.1 version without messing up the root?

I would hold off on updating for now. You will loose root. I don't believe there is a solid method for re-rooting after the update to 1.1 yet. If you really want to update there is a method posted here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/7127-rom-nook-color-v1-1-0-pre-rooted.html but you need CWR first. I would just hold off for now.