Can Anyone Help Me???

jlr1001

Jul 31, 2012

wnelson

Nov 7, 2012
My download is over 12 megs upload over 6 megs. Just depends on your provider.

Looks like my D2 pad has a wifi problem then. My router works fine for my other android 4.0 devices. My Polaroid tablet gets about 12 megs down and 3.9 megs up. Same for my phone running 4.0 ICS. I am on Charter and get a solid 30 meg down and 4 up. Looks like it is back to the store. Do you think a reflash of the unit would make any difference? I did install the update from the d2pad website when I first got the tablet.

Do you have the 08 or 09 serial number?

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Looks like my D2 pad has a wifi problem then. My router works fine for my other android 4.0 devices. My Polaroid tablet gets about 12 megs down and 3.9 megs up. Same for my phone running 4.0 ICS. I am on Charter and get a solid 30 meg down and 4 up. Looks like it is back to the store. Do you think a reflash of the unit would make any difference? I did install the update from the d2pad website when I first got the tablet.

Do you have the 08 or 09 serial number?
Mine is 08 version, I don't use livesuite so haven't updated to current update. You might have a bad device, there is nothing on the device to block or restrict internet.

wnelson

Nov 7, 2012
Mine is 08 version, I don't use livesuite so haven't updated to current update. You might have a bad device, there is nothing on the device to block or restrict internet.

I have the 09 version. I guess I will have to decide if its worth a 90 mile roundtrip to exchange it for a little faster download. May not be.

Thanks for your quick replies and help.

Nov 9, 2012
Registered just to say thanks for this thread. I purchased one of these tablets back in early October, and it's been gathering dust since then. I'd been wanting a cheap tablet to mess around with, and ended up getting the D2 as an impulse buy while standing in line at Big Lots. My thinking at the time was "Even if it sucks out of the box, it can be rooted and I'm sure someone has figured out how to make it not suck."

Unfortunately I couldn't find a whole lot of information about it at the time, and being new to tablets and not wanting to risk bricking, I filed it away for a later date. Looks like it's been out long enough that more knowledgeable people have had a look at it. Using it bone stock was a painful experience, the included 1Mobile app store froze and crashed constantly, and the Amazon one didn't seem to work much better.

I haven't done much else at this point beyond removing the bloatware and getting Google Play up and running, but for now that's enough for me. It's almost like an entirely different product now, much more responsive and so far not a single issue.

One thing I did have to do was open the tablet and reposition the internal speaker. It is literally held in place by a weak adhesive and on mine the speaker was knocked loose from its slot, putting pressure on the LCD from behind. If you're getting pressure marks on the screen, pull the back off and check to see that the speaker isn't loose. I could have just returned it but 30 seconds with a screwdriver was better than a 20 mile round trip back to the store.

bitsmt

Sep 2, 2012
Weeehhehelll... This is an interesting little tablet.
Seems that BIGLOTS is having a screaming deal on this d2 unit for $79.99
LINKIE: View Android™ 4.0 d2 7" Tablet Deals at Big Lots

Is this a dual-core unit? At 1GB or Firmware RAM and 4GB of APP RAM and an SD slots, this is actually a pretty darn good value. Note, there are TWO skus (not a clue why). See the link (their add) for more info.

Yes, with 1GB, we can create a pretty nice customized ROM!

I have this tablet and have been able to add the Play Store, Google apps. I also over/underclocked. It also bugged me the screen resolution was set too high that tablet optimized apps didn't work. So I added a build.prop tweak to get the tablet looking like it should. All the files needed and a tutorial are here:
http://sdrv.ms/PNTWJ5

EDIT: Just noticed that on 10/22 the D2 website uploaded a full firmware for us to flash. This is good news. Means we should be able to try a bunch of hacks on this without fear of killing it. I will try to get CWR working soon. Then some kind of CM10 rom.

hoosier1956

Nov 30, 2012
I recently bought a D2 Pad 9" Internet Tablet at Big Lots. The only thing I don't like is no Google Play app. I'm sorry but, I can't answer your question.

Last edited:

aze66

Dec 7, 2012
you can find flash in the 1mobile app preloaded on the d2 tablet because thats the market that works, I signed up for google play and amazon market and the markets failed. Also i'd invest in a micro sd card since the memory is quite low it'll take up to a 32gb sd micro card you can get 1 for $15 - $20 at walmart or target and to update you need it on the external sd and then to go to settings - personal- backup & reset- then scroll to system upgrade then recovery mode...your device will reset ...use the volume and on/off switch to get to apply update from external storage to where you stored the update and press the on/off switch to update. There are other options: wipe cache partition-wipe data/factory reset-apply update from cache/reboot system now....happy trails =)

jonboynlove

Jan 1, 2013
Hello i just bought a new tablet frm biglots store,it is called a "d2 pad 7inch allwinner a10 ics 4.0 tablet with 1gb of memory,im new to the tablet scene as i had a nextbook but sold it to get this tablet and was trying to find out which cwm to flash and also what cm9 or a.o.k.p i can flash for this tablet,it seems to be pre-rooted but does not have market either,if anybody can give me some guidence it
would be very helpful,also here is only
info i can find on it at allD2 PAD,i also have white tablet thanks again!!!

Sent from the corner of "Long & Gone!!!!:cool:

Hello, I know its probably alittle late but I just purchased the d2 pad aswell and I love it. The d2 pad is rooted out of the box but you do need to do some tweeks for maximum performance...
First thing is the market, play store doesn't work but their is another version called 1mobile market, just search and download directly to your tablet. Its the same thing as google play and has all the same apps!

Next, install superuser, busybox, rom manager, and rom toolbox. All these will help improve your tab by uninstalling factory apps, controlling your cpu ussage, tweeking kernals and all in all costumizing the tablet and making it yours.

Also, all google apps work aside from playstore.

Use google to find cools aps not on the market.

I use to own the samsung galaxy tab 2, and after working with this, it is comparable. I love my D2.

I hope this has helped

SSJChar

Jan 12, 2013
So i got this tablet for christmas, and i seem to have a major glitch in mine. whenever it 'sleeps', either by pushing the power button or having it time out(a minute or whatever), the system clock or perhaps all processes, seem to stop. i'll let it sleep at like 3:15pm, check on it 2 hours later, and the clock will still say 3:15pm. does this every single time. tried factory reset and still doing this. What would you guys do in my shoes? try putting a different kernal on it(i really dont know what i'm saying, but i hear that word a lot, kernal). Any way of fixing it?

rhg135

Oct 26, 2012
So i got this tablet for christmas, and i seem to have a major glitch in mine. whenever it 'sleeps', either by pushing the power button or having it time out(a minute or whatever), the system clock or perhaps all processes, seem to stop. i'll let it sleep at like 3:15pm, check on it 2 hours later, and the clock will still say 3:15pm. does this every single time. tried factory reset and still doing this. What would you guys do in my shoes? try putting a different kernal on it(i really dont know what i'm saying, but i hear that word a lot, kernal). Any way of fixing it?
There are no custom kernels for this one, but that's a great idea, I'll compile some, what's your S/N?

SSJChar

Jan 12, 2013
There are no custom kernels for this one, but that's a great idea, I'll compile some, what's your S/N?
Thanks for the reply. The S/N would be D201209BKxxxxx. I'm really new to all of this stuff. I've been wanting to get a new phone and play around with it, but this tablet will definitely be a good starting point for me(cheap so not TOO scared of wrecking it). It'd be a nice tablet to have next to my bed or stuff, assuming the tablet starts working properly after some playing around.