Can Anyone Help Me???

dlnalaeh

Nov 4, 2012
I bought two of these for presents - but may end up keeping one for myself. I'm new to open Androids - have had Nook for a long while but have never attempted root of that - its pretty stable. I'm enjoying playing with all the free Android apps on the D2. Was happy to find the hackers keyboard apk - so I could finally have the numbers on the same screen with the letters. With D2 I had issues with YouTube in the default browser- but loading the latest Dolphin seems to have resolved that. I'm curious - what will putting cm9 change/fix for me ??? Thanks

Hotaru

Nov 4, 2012
Hello I am a totally a total noob and plz be kind to me ;.; i got this tablet for my birthday and I love to read and i can't figure out how to download google chrome or firefox in order to get the kindle cloud reader and i'm at a lost on what to do so could you please help a lady out ?

neogaia

Oct 22, 2012
I have this tablet and have been able to add the Play Store, Google apps. I also over/underclocked. It also bugged me the screen resolution was set too high that tablet optimized apps didn't work. So I added a build.prop tweak to get the tablet looking like it should. All the files needed and a tutorial are here:
http://sdrv.ms/PNTWJ5

EDIT: Just noticed that on 10/22 the D2 website uploaded a full firmware for us to flash. This is good news. Means we should be able to try a bunch of hacks on this without fear of killing it. I will try to get CWR working soon. Then some kind of CM10 rom.

I used this method on Windows XP via VirtualBox on a Mac and hooray now have Google Play! But yes if this manages to work for me on Virtualbox, shouldn't be too hard for someone else to use it. Might try to use the other method someone posted to try to get rid of that error message.

Next step is to get ClockworkMod on here and figure out how to make a backup.

I'm an intermediate noob and have 2 questions:

1) I have TitaniumBackup and it has an option to make an update.zip, is that one way to backup and be able use that to flash a backup via ClockworkMod?

2) How to get ClockworkMod Touch to work on this? Someone got it working for the other model but I have the D201209xx model. I saw the thread on how to get ClockworkMod Allwinner 10 on there and looks like it's gonna take some work to get it to work on this.

Last edited:

neogaia

Oct 22, 2012
How are you testing flash? Flash Player Version Test Page
Seems to work for me.
Skill Test flash game
It was working for random flash things but not flash videos that weren't Youtube.

Just followed the instructions they had on the site and got it working for flash videos. The problem was simply in the default browser that its set to iPad mode instead of Android mode and clearly developers didn't design flash to work on iPads. Also the app Hubi seems to work well for playing flash-based videos directly and probably works better.

http://www.d2pad.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=180&Itemid=204#

"How to watch Flash-based videos on the internet browser?" for the instructions.

Last edited:

wnelson

Nov 7, 2012
Hi all, new to the forums. I purchase a d2pad from Big Lots. I did most of the early tweaks to get it working well for me. The only thing that I have noticed is the WiFi download speeds are terrible. 800 to 1 meg using Speedtest.net. The upload is great, 4 meg. Is any one else seeing this problem or is it just my device. I spoke to d2pad support today and they said it was designed to be a kids pad so internet speed was slow.

Any info would be great. I have a 703C Polaroid and it's download is over 10 meg. I also had tried a Radio Shack Digix tablet and it also had at least a 10 Meg download speed. Seems strange, almost seems like they limited the download speed somehow.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Interesting, but I doubt the download speed is block. Possible setting on your router. Test tablet at another WiFi.

Haru

Jan 17, 2012
Hiya; was looking at this tablet on the Big Lots website and am considering getting it. All I do is browse the internet, upload things to my Dropbox, use IRC, read and use Skype and MSN via IMO. Is it good enough for these things, and could I actually run a real Skype app on it? (I noted the front camera) I didn't even consider rooting it but seeing everyone able to use CyanogenMod is making me consider it.

jimc3

Nov 5, 2012
Using speedtest.net on my D2Pad and Windows PC:

D2Pad down: 718-952kbps up: 831-883kbps
Windows down: 1.39-1.49mbps up: .65mbps

neogaia

Oct 22, 2012
It's pretty decent for webbrowsing and IM and many apps but the camera does suck! Although I dunno videochat on Skype even on my MacBook Pro never looked that great in the first place. I haven't tried skype but the few photos I took were not of that great quality because the camera's quality is so low. Otherwise its a good bargain for $80 to be able to use the internet and use apps. [There are a lot of vacations I went on that I didn't want to take my laptop on, but I would have been comfortable taking a cheap tablet like this so if that's what you're looking to use it for, it's fine.]

Hiya; was looking at this tablet on the Big Lots website and am considering getting it. All I do is browse the internet, upload things to my Dropbox, use IRC, read and use Skype and MSN via IMO. Is it good enough for these things, and could I actually run a real Skype app on it? (I noted the front camera) I didn't even consider rooting it but seeing everyone able to use CyanogenMod is making me consider it.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
jimc3 said:
Using speedtest.net on my D2Pad and Windows PC:

D2Pad down: 718-952kbps up: 831-883kbps
Windows down: 1.39-1.49mbps up: .65mbps

My download is over 12 megs upload over 6 megs. Just depends on your provider.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Haru said:

It's a nice cheap tablet, not a gaming tablet, but once running cm9 and overclocked to 1.2. It performs well at surfing and such.
Never used Skype so no ideal, I would think it would or should run skype ok.
Downside of tablet is battery and sensors, battery has short life compared to my other tablets.
The sensor doesn't work, try a game called temple run you will see the sensor doesnt work. As I said it's not a gaming tablet.

Last edited:

jlr1001

Jul 31, 2012
NI am currently running cm9 on it I fixed all the crashing now the Tablet runs cm9 just fine.

Hey vamp,

How did you get cm9 on this one? I've flashed Christian Troy's cm9 build on a different a10 tab--one that was more or less like a ly-f1, so I used the lyf1 compatibility file to complete the install--but I'm not sure which compatibility file I'd need for the d2.

Thanks for your advice.

-jl

Haru

Jan 17, 2012
It's a nice cheap tablet, not a gaming tablet, but once running cm9 and overclocked to 1.2. It performs well at surfing and such.
Never used Skype so no ideal, I would think it would or should run skype ok.
Downside of tablet is battery and sensors, battery has short life compared to my other tablets.
The sensor doesn't work, try a game called temple run you will see the sensor doesnt work. As I said it's not a gaming tablet.

Thanks for the advice Vampire. :) The battery isn't a big deal; my tablet's current lifespan battery wise is only about 8 hours and rarely do I take my tablet somewhere I will be unable to charge it. Camera quality isn't that much of a big deal as I typically just use Skype for voice calling, so if the microphone is good then I'm good.
In regards to gaming, the only games I've ever played on Android are Angry Birds and Words With Friends, so I would play those and perhaps at the max, Draw Something if it works.

I noted on the website that all their tablets came with a bunch of educational crap I never see myself needing. Does the D2 from Big Lots include these too? If so, that'll be my only reason for rooting.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011