[CFW] TsunamiMod for Coby Kyros MID7024

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Try clearing the app data and dalvik-cache after installing the new apk.

To clear data, go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Calibrate and choose "Clear data".
To clear dalvik-cache, use a root explorer (like ES file explorer) to delete /data/dalvik-cache and reboot.

It worked for me last night when I tried it.
I'll check again just to make sure I'm not crazy.

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Try clearing the app data and dalvik-cache after installing the new apk.

To clear data, go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Calibrate and choose "Clear data".
To clear dalvik-cache, use a root explorer (like ES file explorer) to delete /data/dalvik-cache and reboot.

It worked for me last night when I tried it.
I'll check again just to make sure I'm not crazy.

Works like a charm thank-you very much steev

sunset0202

Aug 10, 2011
Unfortunately it didn't work for me, steev... replaced the app, cleared dalvik, rebooted and calibrated again and still the same little problem. Calibration works till next boot.

I had reverted to Alldro. 3 because of this, no such problem there...

Any possible solution you can think of? It'd be a relief for many, I guess!

BTW it was a pain to write all this correcting mistyping all the time :)

Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Android Tablet Forum

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Unfortunately it didn't work for me, steev... replaced the app, cleared dalvik, rebooted and calibrated again and still the same little problem. Calibration works till next boot.

I had reverted to Alldro. 3 because of this, no such problem there...

Any possible solution you can think of? It'd be a relief for many, I guess!

BTW it was a pain to write all this correcting mistyping all the time :)

Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Android Tablet Forum

For info
Well this is what I've done
I uninstall the calibration app
I saved and replace the ut_tscal.apk that is in the system/app folder by the new one
I delete the folder mention by steev
I re-install calibration
I reboot
I was ask to re-calibrate
And it work.
to test I reboot a couple of time and now I am using 160 dpi and it works fine.

(I had this problem with alldro2 base rom)

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
need to know something as we go on the alldro and tsunami rom when trying to install swype why dos it say can not install on Android emulator. Do I make that this is not really Android 2.3???? just asking!!!! thanks

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
I have a big demand for the future, and I wish I could learn programming in Android, is to get closer to a tablet aspect layout and not a phone were the main tray icons bar are always at the bottom I always use my mid7024 in landscape mode. As for the tsunami or the Alldro base rom I do not know witch one is better (I thing is the one that will get the longer evolution life to our tablet). This is just a tough I have ????? To steev and the others helping on this, keep the good work and make us proud of our little mid7024.

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
You may be right about this when I first flash the alldro2 rom from steev I notice a lot of changes to my tablet and most was the battery life. With the tsunami I need to test but I think the battery life is less ???? need to test this (I use freenote to take my notes at work and before I couldn't last the all day with the alldro no problem lasting a couple of days (with the wifi off of course) I did not test this with the tsunami will try this week so far I have a filling that it will not last a long !!!! something to thing about.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
So I think I'm going to take a break from the Tsunami firmware and work on a new Aldro2 ROM.

Btw, what do you guys think of this change?
[ROM] Tsunami - Gingerbread V1.4 11/26/11 [Herotab C8] - SlateDroid.com - Page 11

Apps get access to almost all of the space on the internal sd, and the external sd becomes /sdcard.

Free File Hosting, Online Storage &amp File Upload with FileServe
I want to be helpful, extract the fix market.zip find inside a file. Xml "android.hardware.camera.flash-autofocus.xml" with rootexplorer copy it in system / etc / permission, so the market will recognize applications such as Android and googles other.
Yesterday I tried to Steev flytouch with a resistive screen and the same had the dualtouch pichzoom

Sorry, I don't quite understand. If I add this xml file, what will the Market recognize?

Thanks

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Btw, what do you guys think of this change?
[ROM] Tsunami - Gingerbread V1.4 11/26/11 [Herotab C8] - SlateDroid.com - Page 11

Apps get access to almost all of the space on the internal sd, and the external sd becomes /sdcard.

I don't like this, I think the best solution would be using SD for system, which would keep the sdcard partition, and then use the setprop to use extsd seamlessly as well. It doesn't work for everything, but I think it's still the best, as you can use the tablet with no external SD.

BTW, why App2SD is included? Isn't it embedded in Gingerbread or I missed something?

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I don't like this, I think the best solution would be using SD for system, which would keep the sdcard partition, and then use the setprop to use extsd seamlessly as well. It doesn't work for everything, but I think it's still the best, as you can use the tablet with no external SD.

I feel the same way, but I think I should make the default data partition size grow when using larger internal sdcards.

Can anybody suggest some good data partition (where the apps are installed) sizes for sdcards 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB?

BTW, why App2SD is included? Isn't it embedded in Gingerbread or I missed something?

Not sure, I only included it because Team Flashback did.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I feel the same way, but I think I should make the default data partition size grow when using larger internal sdcards.

Can anybody suggest some good data partition (where the apps are installed) sizes for sdcards 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB?

I am using 1.5GB with my internal 4GB card, installed around 130 apks and still had around 300MB free (almost the size of the stock internal partition). Unfortunately, boot time gets too long and system seems to lag a bit when adding apps in Gingerbread (at least with 2.3). I think we should focus on make things faster first, because with this lag a bigger partition wouldn't be useful. I have a feeling that a "real" 2.3.3 or (even better) 2.3.4/5 build would fix it... Anyone tested if the lag still occurs with lots of apps installed? IMO we need to find a stable 2.3.3/4/5 build for smdkv210. Games like Cordy and Blood&Glory freeze in 2.3, maybe a newer build will fix it too.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I am using 1.5GB with my internal 4GB card, installed around 130 apks and still had around 300MB free (almost the size of the stock internal partition). Unfortunately, boot time gets too long and system seems to lag a bit when adding apps in Gingerbread (at least with 2.3). I think we should focus on make things faster first, because with this lag a bigger partition wouldn't be useful. I have a feeling that a "real" 2.3.3 or (even better) 2.3.4/5 build would fix it... Anyone tested if the lag still occurs with lots of apps installed? IMO we need to find a stable 2.3.3/4/5 build for smdkv210. Games like Cordy and Blood&Glory freeze in 2.3, maybe a newer build will fix it too.

Hmm good point.
No need to increase the data partition size if the system will become slow and unusable when it is filled.

solmich from slatedroid may have a workaround for the slow boot problem
Improving Boot Time for 200+ Installed APK - SlateDroid.com

but I am not 100% happy with it.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hmm good point.
No need to increase the data partition size if the system will become slow and unusable when it is filled.

solmich from slatedroid may have a workaround for the slow boot problem
Improving Boot Time for 200+ Installed APK - SlateDroid.com

but I am not 100% happy with it.

Not happy here either... Not practical for end users, and has problems... But it has some good info: he says in his post that apps get 'unpacked' every boot and it shows in logcat. Maybe we can hack some system file to disable this unpacking??

Update: found this interesting bug report: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=18664
I
nfo from attached log:
07-16 10:41:42.874 W/PackageManager( 214): <!>com.android.server.PackageManager
Service 2640<!> /system/etc/scan_apks_list_uninstall.cfg (No such file or direct
ory)
07-16 10:41:42.874 W/PackageManager( 214): <!>com.android.server.PackageManager
Service 2640<!> /data/dalvik-cache/uninstalled_list.txt (No such file or directo
ry)

Edit2: I think that it's amazingly awful that there is no info anywhere about Android system variables and system calls. Where is it documented, only in Google's bunkers? Com'on, if I search info about Linux or Mac OS X I find what I need, but if I search about an Android setprop or system library there isn't anything useful. *sight*

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Edit2: I think that it's amazingly awful that there is no info anywhere about Android system variables and system calls. Where is it documented, only in Google's bunkers? Com'on, if I search info about Linux or Mac OS X I find what I need, but if I search about an Android setprop or system library there isn't anything useful. *sight*

I'm very annoyed at that also.

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
gonna give it a try. v0.3 developed by you have some issues are you gonna still working on it steev? to post 'em :D

Edit: hahaha the ac/dc song made me write still instead of KEEP :p