Coby mid7024

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
I left out Appslib apparently installs programs to the SD card automatically if the app allows it.

sinofian

Apr 4, 2011
Haven't had a chance to run any tests on it yet; it's been pretty busy around the house.

However...

Though Angry Birds kept crashing on me at first, it now seems to be working fine :confused:

Also, to add to dave52355's post, I'd like to point out that the soft buttons are VERY sensitive. I find that I'll often hit them by mistake if I'm not careful simply by holding the unit in my hands.

krazee2

Apr 6, 2011
Z4 does not work, have repeated it many times. SuperOne click does not work. As to the buttons, they light up when you use them but are not lit otherwise. So far, good but not great, what do you expect for $168.00 Screen will take some getting accustomed to but that is it so far.

****EDIT*****

Several programs indicate that the unit is rooted, however I have not been able to install Clockwork Recovery which leads me to other issues. I will keep playing and updating!

Last edited:

Velocity1906

Mar 23, 2011
I had no issues with angry birds.
The buttons on 7024 bezel are really sensitive. Out of the box both the 7015 and 7024 android software is very slow and buggy.

Now my orginal kyros, 7015, is running watery kyros and works like a dream. Coby does a good job providing a decent product for the money spent. I purchased archos and samsung galaxy and i promptly returned them. I couldn't justify the $400 and $600 price tag when my kyros was only $140. It isn't as responsive as previous two devices but the kyros 7015 is more than able to get the job done get for price (after the Watery Kyros).

I hope that this community continues to provide roms to impove the Coby. I am positive when a rom like Watery Kyros is made available for this device, 7024, this will become an excellent purchase.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Nothing is certain at this point, but we can hope.

Right now we are having difficulties just rooting the MID7024, it seems.

The MID7015 had about a 5 month head start in terms of development with the Augen Gentouch78. It's not just the work of this community, but the collective work of owners all around the world.

The S5PV210 platform has not really gotten very far thus far. The circumstances are a little different this time around.

Velocity1906

Mar 23, 2011
I messed up the original factory software on my 7024 system by trying to root it. Now my flash isn't working. Does anyone know how to reinstall the factory software? On the 7015 you can hold the menu and the power button to get to the boot menu, correct me if I am wrong.

I called Coby but the several agents I had spoken to had no idea how to do it.

Please help.

Sent from my MID7015A using Android Tablet Forum

mudknot2005

Apr 7, 2011
I don't know a lot about coby tablets, but I am considering buying one. Has any one tried pushing the image from the 2015, then rooting it. Then taking the stock rom and cooking it then flash it from the downgraded rom?

edit: nevermind after reading up quite a bit I think there would be to much of a compatibility issue. I will be ordering mine with in the next few days. Soon as I get it I will be working on rooting the device.

Last edited:

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Velocity1906 What did you do trying to root your device that " messed it up "? Others are trying to root also and it would be helpful to not have to make the same mistake. Maybe start a new thread with your question and what happened. Have you tried holding the home button and power together? However, I do not know what advantage there would be to getting to a recovery screen, I don't think there is any FW to flash.

Possibly going into system setup and returning to factory defaults will help you.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Z4 does not work, have repeated it many times. SuperOne click does not work. As to the buttons, they light up when you use them but are not lit otherwise. So far, good but not great, what do you expect for $168.00 Screen will take some getting accustomed to but that is it so far.

****EDIT*****

Several programs indicate that the unit is rooted, however I have not been able to install Clockwork Recovery which leads me to other issues. I will keep playing and updating!

Install Droid Explorer on PC with Windows 7 you should see what's on there. YOu could force CLOCK on it though and remote control it to do a recovery.img update. This would be on you though your risk. Just a suggestion.

dcullen

Apr 5, 2011
Install Droid Explorer on PC with Windows 7 you should see what's on there. YOu could force CLOCK on it though and remote control it to do a recovery.img update. This would be on you though your risk. Just a suggestion.

I've not been able to get Droid Explorer to recognize my 7024. Works fine with 7015. Nor can I connect with adb. I think I still have some messing around to get the SDK setup correctly.

mudknot2005

Apr 7, 2011
I just ordered mine should be here some time next week, If no one has rooted it by then I will give it a go.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
There is probably other stuff in here you do not need, but this driver from Padbbs probably works:
Download
(I think this is just the ordinary unmodified Android adb driver)

Tell us if adb shell shows an # or $ showing

Velocity1906

Mar 23, 2011
Thank you for advice.

I tried to use z4 root and it hung my system. I had to reset my device and then my flash wasn't working anymore. Previously it was working on a few websites.

Any ideas?

Sent from my MID7015A using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

racemi

Apr 11, 2011
Regular Angry Birds runs perfectly on mine. The accelerometer works OK too. It's touchy, I had to turn the sensitivity all the way down on the driving game I was playing so I could control the car. I hope this helps.