Coby mid7024

zentsang

Apr 11, 2011
Thanks for the welcome!

Unfortunately, we've had family in all weekend so I haven't had much time to play around with it yet. I did notice that the accelerometer sort of worked with 'Doodle Jump' if I held the unit at a really aggressive angle & was closer with 'Hungry Shark', but moved on to trying to play around with the GPU settings, configs, & root stuff before digging too deep into that.

As I said, Z4Root (both 'temporary' and 'permanent') failed. It seems to almost finish, re-boots, and.... nothing; it's still un-rooted.

All-in-all, though, I'm happy with the unit. I installed the Amazon Appstore, swiftkey, & a few games & nearly everything is working spectacularly! BTW, I charged the battery when I first got it (on Friday) and haven't plugged it in since :cool:

I'll keep poking around, though; I'm sure that someone will gain root access to the 024's before long.

P.S. I'll try and run some resource tests later tonight or tomorrow & post the results.

------
Same here. The Coby Kyros MID7024 does NOT work with Z4Root. Exact same experience whether Temp or Perm Root ... Says it's acquiring root then goes to a solid white screen with the notification bar visible then reboots rather quickly to the main lock screen and is still unrooted. I tried this on 2 of them (the other is my wife's) just for verification. I'm hunting down other means.

Also... do you even know how to get to the recovery menu on this device? The same method of the MID7015 didn't do anything.

-ZenTsang

Last edited:

zentsang

Apr 11, 2011
Are the folks trying z4root doing it multiple times or one shot? I've read where peeps have had to run it several times before rooting.

--------
I have tried it multiple time. I stopped at 15 on my particular MID7024 device.

-ZenTsang

sinofian

Apr 4, 2011
------
Same here. The Coby Kyros MID7024 does NOT work with Z4Root. Exact same experience whether Temp or Perm Root ... Says it's acquiring root then goes to a solid white screen with the notification bar visible then reboots rather quickly to the main lock screen and is still unrooted. I tried this on 2 of them (the other is my wife's) just for verification. I'm hunting down other means.

Also... do you even know how to get to the recovery menu on this device? The same method of the MID7015 didn't do anything.

-ZenTsang

Not sure, but mine has somehow gone into recovery mode on it's own during boot-up twice now. Unfortunately, I wasn't really paying attention the first time & it totally reset the tablet so that I had to re-install everything :mad:

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
------

-ZenTsang
Home button ( round silver ) + power at same time puts the tablet into recovery.

CJ_Carol

Jul 12, 2011
Can you please offer me some assistance in loading Adobe Flash player.

A Newby :)

Last edited:

tjfria

Aug 4, 2011
excellent instructions on YouTube...you have to transfer a folder call "G tablet", and then it's a piece of cake. The associated links are in the comments on YouTube as well.