D2Pad from Biglots, How to Backup and Install CW Recovery

bleys2112

Nov 4, 2012
I have flashed 3 zips, recovery is sound, works very well.http://www.***********/09ht.jpghttp://www.***********/17.jpghttp://www.***********/18.jpghttp://www.***********/19.jpg

Well that is encouraging!
Is your 09 model the D2-711? What ROM's have you flashed?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Recovery is a success! HW buttons all work and all appears well in CWR. Tried flashing tb9.zip and it hung-up at around 70% completed. Re-formatted data, cache, system and wiped dalvik and tried a second time just to make sure... same thing. Next, tried flashing the drom, it does not even reach 1%... No flashing errors with either rom though (the notorious (bad) message is gone). Even though I can't flash a ROM yet, I'll still call that progress!

you need to go to advanced section and select report error after a failed rom install, I need the log it produces.

bleys2112

Nov 4, 2012
you need to go to advanced section and select report error after a failed rom install, I need the log it produces.

No problemo... click here!

Also:
~ # cat /etc/fstab
cat /etc/fstab
/dev/block/nandh /cache ext4 rw
/dev/block/nande /data ext4 rw
/dev/block/nandd /system ext4 rw
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard vfat rw

fdisk -l shows nothing... :confused:

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
bleys2112;259058" No problemo... [URL="https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwB0a_xFIxn7SUdkYTFtclhHUDA said:
click here![/URL]

As you can see by log the zip is corrupt, also this zip very doubtful will work on New version of tablet.

sunking

Dec 5, 2012
yes but at that time only two version existed now new version is out, I am attempting to build a new one for d2_711, I don't have the new version so can only build on input from you guys.
Ya, I agree. Given the info that was available at the time it all made sense. Please don't take any of this as criticism to you or anyone else working on this.

For whatever reason I can't even boot normally. I'm assuming it keeps trying to go into recovery, so it's stuck at the android icon in the middle. Is there a way to force it to boot from the main partition?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Has anyone tried to install latest firmware on this new tablet? Via livesuite not the firmware for the previous tablets the new firmware for the d2_711

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ya, I agree. Given the info that was available at the time it all made sense. Please don't take any of this as criticism to you or anyone else working on this.

For whatever reason I can't even boot normally. I'm assuming it keeps trying to go into recovery, so it's stuck at the android icon in the middle. Is there a way to force it to boot from the main partition?

Have you tried flashing the firmware?

sunking

Dec 5, 2012
Have you tried flashing the firmware?
Last night I tried the 08 recovery. Did the reboot recovery, now it's stuck at the initial power on android icon in the middle of the screen splash. I'm assuming it keeps trying to boot into recovery if I power off/on so I'm trying to figure out how to boot into non recovery. All I've flashed is the recovery so the normal partition should be intact, I just can't get to it.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Last night I tried the 08 recovery. Did the reboot recovery, now it's stuck at the initial power on android icon in the middle of the screen splash. I'm assuming it keeps trying to boot into recovery if I power off/on so I'm trying to figure out how to boot into non recovery. All I've flashed is the recovery so the normal partition should be intact, I just can't get to it.

The livesuite image reset everything to stock, you download the image install livesuite on your pc, turn tablet off start livesuite load image into livesuite select format. With tablet off hold volume up press and release power button until popup box appears on pc release volume up follow on screen instructions.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
@sunking
Most likely you are in fastboot mode

Open terminal type fastboot devices you need to include the path to your fastboot file and be an admin

araner

Dec 12, 2012
Greetings all, I just purchased a D2-711bk with the intention of rooting it and giving it to my niece. When I saw the price tag and saw the (apparently outdated root instructions) I snatched it up as soon as I can. Now I'm not sure which instructions to follow. In any case however, I would like to help in any way I can.
So my question is- I now have a brand new D2-711bk out of the box. Is there anything I can do to help this forum by making a copy of the stock system backup? Or has this already been done?
Other than that, can anybody tell me which instructions to avoid? Does this model come pre-rooted for example? As the tablet intended for a 7 year old its actually OK as it is now, but I would like to remove bloat and add more options for her parents if possible.

sunking

Dec 5, 2012
@sunking
Most likely you are in fastboot mode

Open terminal type fastboot devices you need to include the path to your fastboot file and be an admin

under linux I'm seeing the New USB device found, idVendor=1f3a, idProduct=efe8 from dmesg after I do the vol up hit power a bunch of times.

I tried: fastboot -i 0x1f3a -p 0xefe8 reboot
however it just sits at <wating for device>
I've tried -p 0xefe8 for a product id, and 0 for product taken from dmesg as I wasnt sure which the -p was for. No dice with either.

lsusb shows 0x1f3a:0xefe8 as expected.

Do I need to play with udev or anything like that?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
under linux I'm seeing the New USB device found, idVendor=1f3a, idProduct=efe8 from dmesg after I do the vol up hit power a bunch of times.

I tried: fastboot -i 0x1f3a -p 0xefe8 reboot
however it just sits at <wating for device>
I've tried -p 0xefe8 for a product id, and 0 for product taken from dmesg as I wasnt sure which the -p was for. No dice with either.

lsusb shows 0x1f3a:0xefe8 as expected.

Do I need to play with udev or anything like that?

are you root?

also have you tried adb commands

what did you get when you typed fastboot devices?