[eMMC ROM] CM7 Development Release (03-11-2011) (now with Bluetooth!)

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Greeting Faceman and thank you again for an excellent How-To. I thought this [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats) - Page 19 - xda-developers #188 (I don't know how to link to specific post) might be a good addition to your guide. I can confirm that it works. CWR reads as 3.0.0.5 in the app but when you reboot into recovery it is 3.0.0.6 and will effectively back up, restore, and allow install of nightlies from within the app. It's pretty slick.

A few tips as I know if you haven't done this you will. I had to install CWR from within the app as you would normally. Then reboot into recovery and install this xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats) reboot and you are good to go...If this was posted already and I missed it then sorry.

Thanks again for all the great info. My NC has been a joy/adventure/delight in large part thanks to your guides and patience.

Cheers Patron
340x%20%281%29.jpg

I have done that patch myself, it does work. I have not updated my instructions yet because I was given the impression a nightly VERY soon would incorporate that. I am waiting on confirmation since I applied the patch, I won't know if the latest nightly did or not... :) If it isn't included by the end of the week, I will update my instructions to include it. Right now, I see it as optional.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Right on just thought I would throw it out there. So far the CM7 is running crazy smooth. I flashed v4(this fix didn't seem to be included) last night and have been sorta bouncing around trying this trying that. There are a few things that are bugging me but so far I love it.

I can't run Quadrant, haven't found a video output on Handbrake that will play properly(not really that important to me), but the DSP makes my DAC Amazon.com: FiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black): Electronics sound like a recording studio. Wondering if you might know anything about outputting audio to usb or adding FLAC to the extensions. No biggie but if you see/hear anything let me know. The scrolling/animations are a bit slow/buggy, but I have been changing around so many settings I might have just over done it. But it has been running solid and strong for a couple of hours, oc'd 1.1ghz and only one forced reboot.

I ran the above routine and have only rebooted twice to check if the back-up restore in CWR was going to work and since then pretty much smooth sailing.

Again its always in the details and your guides are getting better every time. Don't allow me to muck it up. I am still following your lead brother and the path seems well lit thanks to you, CyanogenMod and all the other contributors.

Cheers,

LS

Feb 1, 2011
In the Users thread and developers thread it says Nightly 6 is screwed due to Wimax patches and the status bar being unable to work.

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
My status bar was sketchy on v4 too. I didn't try 5. So, I went back to v3 because it worded good enough. Would a complete wipe and reinstall help that issue?

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
When it says that we are going to have to wipe for nightly 7 does it mean that we have to format system, data, and cache?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Um, yea... so nightly 6 was a bust, sorry about that. It was just posted and I grabbed it, posted on here, and flashed as I went to bed... woke up with issues.

As for 7, I know they are making some changes that will require fresh install so yes - formatting will take place. Just do a backup of apps with Titanium Backup (if you don't have/use this - you really should) and save launcher settings of your launcher supports that type of thing, and you won't be long in setting up.

I will post my diary of the update once it is available.

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
Um, yea... so nightly 6 was a bust, sorry about that. It was just posted and I grabbed it, posted on here, and flashed as I went to bed... woke up with issues.

As for 7, I know they are making some changes that will require fresh install so yes - formatting will take place. Just do a backup of apps with Titanium Backup (if you don't have/use this - you really should) and save launcher settings of your launcher supports that type of thing, and you won't be long in setting up.

I will post my diary of the update once it is available.

Thanks faceman. I will see if u have posted first thing in the morning. If u haven't gotten to it yet I'm going to proceed with the same instructions of yours that I used for my first install. I've gotten pretty comfortable with things thanks to u and a few others.

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
ok just for kicks i flashed nightly 7 without doing a complete wipe. i figured i could always do it over. anyways, it worked flawlessly! from the looks of things you can now buy apps. havent seen any other improvements yet. will keep you posted.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
OK, just got around to catching up and it appears from my reading at CM and XDA that nightly 7 has it's own few issues (mainly accessing wifi settings - but there's a workaround for that) and some folks having a few visual quirks. Also it seems a mixed bag as to whether the wipe is helping or hurting 7's experience.

For now, I am holding off and staying with nightly 5. I'm not looking to buy an app, and otherwise it's still the most stable for me.

jjhiza

Jan 1, 2011
Ok, I can't seem to find an answer for this, so I'll see if anyone here can help out. I'm thinking of putting CM7 on my Galaxy Tab, and I wanted to compliment it with the port of the Xoom's Honeycomb boot animation I have. The problem is that I can't for the life of me, find where the bootanimation.zip file is stored on my Verizon Tab. Does anyone know where to find it, and if so, how to change it? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab