[eMMC ROM] CM7 Development Release (03-11-2011) (now with Bluetooth!)

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
After I followed all the instruction and install everything, why cannot I see the 8G internal SD storage? I can only see about 1G free. I am using 1G microSD card to install CM7 to the eMMc. A lot of app complain that no SD card installed. How can I get the origional 8G back?

Thanks a lot.
This is currently an issue with CM7. It is being worked on. We have heard that it should be solved soon.

:) All we can do is keep our fingers crossed and be patient :)

esuuuu09

Feb 16, 2011
Has anyone been having random drops of wifi and wifi connect/disconnect loops with cm12 and cm13? I flashed it a few days ago and heard it was fixed... any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

eghill1125

Feb 25, 2011
Ok.. Dumb question coming up.

I am fairly new to the Nook flashing since it is completely different than my Droid Eris. But I do know the Recovery stuff well on the Eris.

My question is I am currently on Phiremod V4 and would like to jump up to CM13 to see if the stuff that had problems before work better now . What is the easiest way to do this. Just put the zip on my card and reboot into recovery and wipe Dalvik and flash? I would like to keep all of my stuff on the Nook that is there now, but not sure it is possible without a complete wipe first. I believe my CWR is 3.0.0.6 right now. If that helps. Figuring that I will more than likely need to completely wipe system, data, and cache though. True?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Has anyone been having random drops of wifi and wifi connect/disconnect loops with cm12 and cm13? I flashed it a few days ago and heard it was fixed... any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Known issue, some report fixed and others don't which makes me believe the real culprit is a combo of settings we haven't id'd yet. But most seem to fix by turning wifi-sleep policy off.

Ok.. Dumb question coming up.

I am fairly new to the Nook flashing since it is completely different than my Droid Eris. But I do know the Recovery stuff well on the Eris.

My question is I am currently on Phiremod V4 and would like to jump up to CM13 to see if the stuff that had problems before work better now . What is the easiest way to do this. Just put the zip on my card and reboot into recovery and wipe Dalvik and flash? I would like to keep all of my stuff on the Nook that is there now, but not sure it is possible without a complete wipe first. I believe my CWR is 3.0.0.6 right now. If that helps. Figuring that I will more than likely need to completely wipe system, data, and cache though. True?

Phiremod V4 is cm7 based correct? If so, then you SHOULD be able to just flash cm7 nightly over it, but I am not sure how that will play out. Should be ok since the phiremods are just a tweaked CM7 anyway. REGARDLESS - do a full nand backup before trying anything to save yourself the hassles later. Might try just flashing CM7 first with only wiping cache to preserve apps, etc.. then if trouble occurs, try flashing with wiping cache and formatting /data /system, and finally restore from nand if it croaks on you.

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
Quick question, were we supposed to do a complete wipe around version 7? I'm still just flashing over the previous one.

GrEn

Mar 4, 2011
It seems like they fixed the market in nightly 13. I didn't notice it when I flashed over my old installed but I ended up doing a fresh flash last night and none of my apps have gone missing like what was happening on older versions.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I have the version of my signature.
Where do I find my build version? And why should I upgrade to the last?
If I clean the cache, what would be erased? I don't want to lose any setting or application.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

GrEn

Mar 4, 2011
The V3 is throwing me off for your version. CyanogenMod doesn't use any version numbering like that unless its nightly 3 that you are using. You might be using phiremod V3 since it does have that labeling and is based off of CM7. In Settings > About phone look at mod version. That will tell you the date the build was released. You can match that to the release date of the nightly version at CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution.

Clearing the cache that won't remove any setting of apps. My normal upgrade from one nightly to the next is to just boot into recovery, clear the cache and flash the new zip and 1.1Ghz firmware.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
The V3 is throwing me off for your version. CyanogenMod doesn't use any version numbering like that unless its nightly 3 that you are using. You might be using phiremod V3 since it does have that labeling and is based off of CM7. In Settings > About phone look at mod version. That will tell you the date the build was released. You can match that to the release date of the nightly version at CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution.

Clearing the cache that won't remove any setting of apps. My normal upgrade from one nightly to the next is to just boot into recovery, clear the cache and flash the new zip and 1.1Ghz firmware.

You should watch dalingrin's thread for updated kernels, as he update's them you will want to start using the latest of that as well.

It seems like they fixed the market in nightly 13. I didn't notice it when I flashed over my old installed but I ended up doing a fresh flash last night and none of my apps have gone missing like what was happening on older versions.

They made the default lcd_density=161 which seems to solve the Market MyApps issue, but does have trouble with either Google Reader or Maps, I forget which.

---

Also, it appears the latest ROM Manager v3.0.1.2 Premium (paid version) now follows the nightly release schedule and will notify you of new nightly releases! Woot!

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
Well, I successfully upgraded from Eclair to the CM7 nightlies last night (CM7 13). :) I used a boot card per avi's instructions

I am liking it, although most video (including YT and my movies) will not play, Wifi is slow to wake up, and my sdcard was unmounting itself on every reboot (that seems to have stopped happening). I re-flashed CWR using the 'non-old' option and now have 3.0.1 showing in RM and CWR; no more 'can't mount /system' error when I try a backup, but it now can't mount data.

Baby steps. :)

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
So, I did a complete wipe before I installed version 15. Now My Apps show up in the Market. And I can play Youtube from the browser but not the app.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
So, I did a complete wipe before I installed version 15. Now My Apps show up in the Market. And I can play Youtube from the browser but not the app.

Which is as expected. They changed the default lcd density to 161 which fixes MyApps and YouTube (and other hardware reliant video apps) are still broke. We're getting there!

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
Anyone else having this problem? My NC will work for a few minutes then restart. After it restarts the home button no longer works. I have to wipe it and reload CM7 to get it to work. I think it might be the OC kernel since it started when I started using this one. update-CM7-dalingrin-OC-emmc-030811A.zip. Is this the right kernel? I'm restoring it back to before I switched to it, hopefully that fixes it. I just don't want to mess it up again.