[eMMC ROM] CM7 Development Release (03-11-2011) (now with Bluetooth!)

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
...I just set uo wiiremote and downloaded Tigers NES emulator and am playing Mario Brothers on my NC using my Wii Remote as the controller...

i am pretty sure I won't be getting anything worthwhile done this weekend now. I already have to work all day tomorrow so who knows when I'll do something productive now. :)

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
Looks like I'll have to grab this Rom too. I just got nookie Froyo .6.8 running last night. I like it over Beta2 so far, but using a wiimote to play nes on my nook? Now that's fantastic!

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
What about using a ps3 remote to make it easier to play snes?

Oh believe me, when I ran downstairs to grab my Wii Remote, I grabbed a ps3 as well... but I can't get that too pair yet.

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
Had to ask. Ill hold off on this because i just got 0.6.8 running yesterday and want to keep testing its stability. I dont have time for nes right now anyway ;)

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
wow i dont check up on my "nook news" b/c i get busy for one week and now bluetooth is working!? this is amazing.. these devs are geniuses. d/ling and installing CM7 nightly 18 just as soon as my NC charges up. i guess i wont be doing anything tonight. haha love it..

thanks faceman for keeping this thread updated.. should be stickied.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I have the version of my signature and I am currently download CM7 build 19 from Rom Manager.
I would like to install it while keeping my current apps and system settings.

What is the safest way to upgrade?Through Rom Manager? Does it matter what CWM version do I have?
The most important:Can I update to nightly if I already have Phiremod??

Last edited:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I have the version of my signature and I am currently download CM7 build 19 from Rom Manager.
I would like to install it while keeping my current apps and system settings.

What is the safest way to upgrade?Through Rom Manager? Does it matter what CWM version do I have?
The most important:Can I update to nightly if I already have Phiremod??

So you are currently on Phiremod and want to flash the latest CM7 nightly... hmm, you should be able to go into CWR and wipe /cache /dalvik then flash CM7. In theory your system settings should be kosher, but since I am not intimately familiar with the core settings and the differences between CM7 and Phire, I am not sure how this will roll... if you do a full nand before flashing anything, you can always boot back into CWR and restore it if somethings goes haywire. Either way, please let us know how it goes for you.

Oh, if you DO have an issue, you can also go into CWR and format only /system and then wipe /cache /dalvik - this will wipe any system settings but keeps your apps. There should be NO reason that won't wirk for you since Phiremod is just a themed and tweaked CM7.

Edit - at this time I do NOT recommend using ROM Manager to update CM7 nightly because the options you have to do so aren't what have worked best for me (manually wiping cache and dalvik then flashing nightly and oc kernel). So for now I would say doing it manually via CWR is best.

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
my bluetooth isnt working.. it wont enable.. am i missing some setting to get it working? running nightly 19 and newest kernal

edit: hard reset fixed it (holding down power until it turns off)

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
So you are currently on Phiremod and want to flash the latest CM7 nightly... hmm, you should be able to go into CWR and wipe /cache /dalvik then flash CM7. In theory your system settings should be kosher, but since I am not intimately familiar with the core settings and the differences between CM7 and Phire, I am not sure how this will roll... if you do a full nand before flashing anything, you can always boot back into CWR and restore it if somethings goes haywire. Either way, please let us know how it goes for you.

Oh, if you DO have an issue, you can also go into CWR and format only /system and then wipe /cache /dalvik - this will wipe any system settings but keeps your apps. There should be NO reason that won't wirk for you since Phiremod is just a themed and tweaked CM7.

Edit - at this time I do NOT recommend using ROM Manager to update CM7 nightly because the options you have to do so aren't what have worked best for me (manually wiping cache and dalvik then flashing nightly and oc kernel). So for now I would say doing it manually via CWR is best.

Thank U for your answer.
I decided not to risk it since it was a bit tricky task and just upgraded to Phiremod 4.1. :)

andreid

Mar 15, 2011
thank you in advance for contributing to this build and supporting users like me!

I jumped right into this with my Nook Color and am now running CM7 nightly build 19. So I essentially registered Nook, then loaded CWR package and CM7.zip and gapps.zip onto my uSD in terminal (dd) then followed steps to put it onto the eMMC (internal). unfortunately this is my first andriod experience so I am not sure what is normal and what isn't, but here is my first impression. I am not sure which kernal I am running either.

Is there a generic android market? I saw a 3rd party one at first thinking this was the one to use and signed up for it then went back to what I thought was the normal one linked through gmail. I will say that finding angry birds on my Nook was a bit of a headache (or any app not on the desktop/home for that matter). For the longest time I couldn't figure out how to find the app once it was downloaded and installed from the market. I simply couldn't find it, but then after playing around for 15 min. I figured out to mess around with the check boxes in upper left corner and there was a drop down menu. Do I need to manually create a shortcut for each app onto the desktop? seems like a PITA for the dozens and dozens of apps I'd like to install. Also the process of reverting back to an already open app was weird unless there was a short cut in place.

Also, in the settings I see that there is an overclock option up to 900 mhz. Do I need to add a different kernal to get it to 1 or 1.1 ghz then ?. . . I did see a couple others posted. Do I set the min or the max? e.g. is the system smart enough to adjust accordingly or do I need to overclock the min?

Youtube through browser or app wont work. Not sure if maybe i need to install flash? I wasn't looking forward to the battery hungry flash player.

One last thing. I thought that the pinch to zoom and clicking in web pages was a bit finnicky. maybe I just need to get used to it or maybe my gunk protector screen is reducing sensitivity.

I also don't quite understand how this is just a "build." it works great! can I update without using CWR when the final version is released?

I haven't tried bluetooth yet but I did see the enable options in settings. I will try with my jawbone tonight.