Infotmic - Update Version deb-r2.1.1561

Silverwizard

Dec 24, 2010
Apparently if you get the PAUSE word appear,it means all their servers are busy & it's failed to connect,just hit the pause button & it will retry to connect,it took me about 6 or 7 attempts to connect,now downloading ok,but s...l....o...w...l...y!It's a bit like being back on dial-up!!....Hope this helps anyone who may get this problem.

Silverwizard

Dec 24, 2010
This is a nightmare,it's now got to 5%....& you've guessed it the dreaded PAUSE word has appeared,tried 3-4 times to reconnect.....no success yet!
Just refreshes & that's it...anyone know if this is normal for updates like this?

Silverwizard

Dec 24, 2010
Hi John,
Did you experience any problems with the download dropping it's connection & taking many presses of the pause button to try and restore the connection?

thymox

Jan 15, 2011
So, have we established exactly what is in the update? Is it worth updating? Does it un-root a rooted tablet?

Orion_uk

Dec 31, 2010
HI, after running update my pad displayed the green screen, It then whent black and just froze there (rebooting its self every few mins in a loop) so I guess the update went wrong for me!

Any how, I found this site that gave me great instructions (and files) on how to recover the pad, heres the link:

[HOWTO Document] Hype-PAD Tutorials, Tips, Notes, Links

Sadly, I did not get a chance to back up the update.zip and now have to down load it again, but atleast my pads running again, lucky I had an USB A to A male to male cable ;)

Will let you know if I EVER get this update done ;)

Lol, what a strange (anoying) 12 hours I have had!!!

Link for rooting apk at bottom of first post here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953

I claim now glory for the links or responsibility for anything that may go wrong for anyone, all I know is it saved my pad :>

Last edited:

altkon

Jan 10, 2011
So, have we established exactly what is in the update? Is it worth updating? Does it un-root a rooted tablet?
Hi thymox.
That is the question??
I beleive that this update offers nothing except to create total confusion.
Personally I have put this update package on hold after having downloaded it
and I am waiting to observe developments.:eek:
Unfortunately there is no technical support for this Tablet.
Until then status quo.

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
Could someone give information on how to do a system backup? I have the 1561 update notice on my SuperPAD too. When I clicked the "System Update" button the Chinese character message caused me to rethink and "Cancel". However, I have seen one "successful" update thread on androidforums.com.

elister

Jan 1, 2011
So far, it looks like alot of the apps were updated. CC Media Player offers better access to any/all flash/usb drives connected. Other apps, less chinese characters, more english.

Silverwizard

Dec 24, 2010
As you say elister,some of the apps are updated,I found that I had to uninstall the update for Apps store to get it to work,WOW reader which worked fine before now seems to temporarily lock everything up,
& I've noticed screen refresh rate if anything is slower than before.I've also had a couple of occasions now when the tablet has frozen for up to 2 or 3 minutes,altogether a not very impressive upgrade in my opinion.

Jan 10, 2011
My Flytouch 2 has detected an update and is currently downloading (very slowly) Deb - R2.1.1561and I just wondered if anyone knows what this update improves.

My wish would be that it improves the recharging speed, my only wish for the Flytouch 2, but I doubt that is down to software.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Can someone take a screenshot or picture of the Chinese character? I want to figure out what it says.

janhidding

Jan 15, 2011
I have problems with internet browsing after the firmware update.

When i want to go to a website, the page loads, but at the end of the page is loaded (i can see already the content in the browser) the browser crashes and turns back to the home screen. I used the normal Browser, Dolphin HD and Skyfire. The last two browsers i uninstalled, installed again but i still have the problem. Before the firmware update, internet browsing was working fine.

Does anyone has a solution for this problem?

Orion_uk

Dec 31, 2010
I want the last 24 hours of my life back!!!

What a waste of time! I am gonna stick with out the update until I see more posative feedback (or I see an update to 2.2/2.3) ATLEAST!

fritzy

Jan 15, 2011
Could someone give information on how to do a system backup? I have the 1561 update notice on my SuperPAD too. When I clicked the "System Update" button the Chinese character message caused me to rethink and "Cancel". However, I have seen one "successful" update thread on androidforums.com.

I have successfully downloaded and installed the new 1561 build and posted on androidforums.com. A few answers to questions I have seen on here.

1. Does this update un-root a rooted device?
Yes, but it was just as easy to root it again.
2. Does Skype work with this update?
Yes Skype now can send and receive Calls, I have only tried Skype to Skype though. Also SIP and VOIP apps seem to work with this new update. Before the update Skype would cancel the call immediately and SIP/VOIP calls would only let the receiver hear me. Now I can talk to and hear the other person through my tablet and WIFI connection.
3. What is new in this update?
I have seen the new Storage manager, the Voice Search is no longer installed, New Icons for System apps, better support for using SIP/VOIP/Skype applications, New Backup feature in Privacy settings.

Its possible I didnt see the Backup feature under settings.Privacy. And I dont remember seeing the Storage Manager on the last build. I have only had my tablet for a couple weeks and am still trying to familiarize myself with all of its features.

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
I'm using this update now, apparently the mic now works with all programs (eg Skype) I've also noticed it connects to wifi much much faster it 2 seconds rather than 10.

Run a full titanium backup before doing this!

Download this file, write it to a fat32 micro sd then get into the recovery menu (menu and vol + I think), choose update from zip... Leave it for a bit and it should work

If it doesn't work clear the cache etc... (from the recovery menu)

You can find your registration code at Settings-about device-certificate. It's a very long number (I personally just took a screenshot and put it in my dropbox)

I hope this helps,
Richardo