Jellybean (Android 4.1.1) Update for 7022 [Root and Gapps]

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Hey man, any chance of location work in Jelly Bean?

I think I just need it to work the Google Now

great job, thanks.

A dongle might work but I'm afraid only german ones will.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

mrezahw

Sep 19, 2012
hi
I did the task for increasing the application space(Only for 7022), and after that I flashed the image file included the CM7,
Now I decide to install your rom but unfortunately I cant go to recovery mod and whenever I try to go there I face the fastboot mode anf the cat logo
Please help to go the recovery mod
thanks

vierohla

Sep 20, 2012
Hi guys, I would like to share an easy way to install the Play-Store (originally from an unofficial port of Coby Germany):

1.) Uninstall all programs on your tablet (The Gapps require a large space during installation. In case of this reason Aldiko and GetJar will be removed automatically).
2.) Download the RecoveryTool.apk with your Tablet: http://goo.gl/flLep
3.) Download also the coby_gapps.zip: Netload Serious Filehosting - Netload
4.) Install the RecoveryTool
5.) Launch the RecoveryTool and select the Gapps

The tool will shut down your tablet and install the Gapps in recovery mode. Then the tablet will start automatically. It works 100% and the system is absolutely stable.

FOI - Link to the original vido (in german):

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

neosherdoc

Sep 20, 2012
Hey man, first of all... thanx!
For me what works was first do the 1gb data update first and then install the jelly bean.
Even though I had an issue with the clockworkmod manager after installing cm7 (before jelly bean) because I couldn't find mid7022 on the phone model list to install de cwm recovery, but finally I did it. :)

Now, I'm just using my new jelly bean, but I actually have a very annoying issue: serial number activation message. I put my S/N but still pop up every a few minutes, is there some way to stop it?? Pliz, let me know asap! Thx

Again, great job, thx!

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Hey man, first of all... thanx!
For me what works was first do the 1gb data update first and then install the jelly bean.
Even though I had an issue with the clockworkmod manager after installing cm7 (before jelly bean) because I couldn't find mid7022 on the phone model list to install de cwm recovery, but finally I did it. :)

Now, I'm just using my new jelly bean, but I actually have a very annoying issue: serial number activation message. I put my S/N but still pop up every a few minutes, is there some way to stop it?? Pliz, let me know asap! Thx

Again, great job, thx!

I've been really busy with tests laterly but like I said before, I started working on a CM10 rom so I can get rid of all the issues you guys/girls are having. Then ill add some awesome stuff.
I can make a port so it can hold you for some time and it will get rid of the serial popup.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

snows

Jul 2, 2012
I'm trying to release the location of coby 7022 Jelly Bean, both in windows and in linux, but it still fails.

I follow these commands:

Also copy framework-res.apk from your ROM and framework.diff to the apktool3 folder

Change to the folder on desktop:
Code:

$ cd Desktop/apktool3

Install the framework:
Code:

$ ./apktool.jar if framework-res.apk

Decompile framework-res:
Code:

$ ./apktool.jar d framework-res.apk

Apply the patch:
Code:

$ cd framework-res
$ patch -p1 < ../framework.diff
$ cd ../

Recompile framework-res:
Code:

$ ./apktool.jar b framework-res

Now replace resources.arsc in the original apk:
Code:

$ cd framework-res/build/apk
$ zip ../../../framework-res.apk resources.arsc

Push the modified framework-res.apk to your device and the NetworkLocation service should work

location Jelly Bean.rar

All files are already on the link.

Can someone fix this?

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
snows said:
I'm trying to release the location of coby 7022 Jelly Bean, both in windows and in linux, but it still fails.

I follow these commands:

Also copy framework-res.apk from your ROM and framework.diff to the apktool3 folder

Change to the folder on desktop:
Code:

$ cd Desktop/apktool3

Install the framework:
Code:

$ ./apktool.jar if framework-res.apk

Decompile framework-res:
Code:

$ ./apktool.jar d framework-res.apk

Apply the patch:
Code:

$ cd framework-res
$ patch -p1 < ../framework.diff
$ cd ../

Recompile framework-res:
Code:

$ ./apktool.jar b framework-res

Now replace resources.arsc in the original apk:
Code:

$ cd framework-res/build/apk
$ zip ../../../framework-res.apk resources.arsc

Push the modified framework-res.apk to your device and the NetworkLocation service should work

location Jelly Bean.rar

All files are already on the link.

Can someone fix this?

What are you trying to do?