Kyros 9742 camera not working

TheGreenBean

Sep 29, 2012
Hi there
I installed Google store on my tablet.It really went well got the store signed into my google account perfectly.
However i noticed the camera stopped working.I followed all the instructions from RedDear.
when i installed the drivers they didn't seem to do much one failed the second poped up a black screen and the third promted a permission box.
Is there anyway to solve this problem by downloading a file or anything i can do in recovery mode?
Would be greatfull for any help.

Last edited:

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
hi i am having the same problem with same same results. please please could you help or i am dead meat, i am sure it could be easy to fix but i havent a clue, thanx oh also keeps telling me that my sdcard is mounted when i have no card inserted, dont know if that makes a difference. cheers again.

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Did you guys do a system dump before changing the ROM on your tablets?

If you did, vampirefo has a post on how to go back to stock using the dump. If you didn't, there are versions of the stock ROM available in the Development Index sticky. They came from my device and require Clockworkmod to install. However, there's no guarantee that they will fix the problem, which is why I hope you guys did a firmware dump.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
Hi and thanx for the reply. Hmm no I did not do a system dump. When I rooted I used the method that steev posted with Google play installed in a cfw of ics probs not the best way but I didn't find way of just rooting. Thanx

TheGreenBean

Sep 29, 2012
Did you guys do a system dump before changing the ROM on your tablets?

If you did, vampirefo has a post on how to go back to stock using the dump. If you didn't, there are versions of the stock ROM available in the Development Index sticky. They came from my device and require Clockworkmod to install. However, there's no guarantee that they will fix the problem, which is why I hope you guys did a firmware dump.

Thanks for the reply.No i didn't do the firmware dump i totally noobed it.Damn it.Has anyone tried you stock rom and been sucessfull?
I don't really want to go back to stock.Is there a fix out there for just the camera or are we screwed?

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I recommended going back to stock so that you could start over. There may be fixes in the 9742 MBR and Other Problems Post Here thread, but as there are three different hardware versions of the tablet there's no guarantee those fixes, if present, will work.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Hi and thanx for the reply. Hmm no I did not do a system dump. When I rooted I used the method that steev posted with Google play installed in a cfw of ics probs not the best way but I didn't find way of just rooting. Thanx
Then you didn't search thoroughly enough. The sticky at the top of this forum has a rooting tool which covers rooting, system dumps, and custom recoveries.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
Hi thanks again. shame there is no work around everything else works great . Hmm ok so going back to stock Rom. i must admit i am a bit of a noob at this tablet lark and It don't look that straight forward, something about opening adb shells and typing commands. Maybe I am being a bit dunce. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Install Clockworkmod if you haven't already and flash this zip from this thread with it. That flashable zip is based upon my dump, which uses different drivers from Steev's ROM, and thus might fix your problem. Once you are back to stock, you can then root if the stock ROM isn't already rooted and install an ICS Google apps package from Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps to get the Play Store on the tablet. After that, once you feel comfortable with the prospect of changing system files, you can then install the tweaks in my signature which will help improve app compatibility and also allow network location to work.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
hi, i cant seem to flash clockwork mod recovery it asks to confirm model, offering gt-p6210 as model then says that my device do not have a supported clockwork mod recovery and asks if i have installed a clockwork mod based recovery manually, i said no and it says sorry! until clockworkmod is available rom manager will not work with gt-p6210 , says i have model no gt-p6210 i thought it was mid 9742 or am i being dumb, i downloaded it from play store, any ideas or is there a rom manager for my device thanks for now.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Links to our Clockworkmod recovery images are in the sticky. You cannot get them off Koush's site as they were not made by Koush. You cannot use ROM Manager for the same reason.

Last edited:

TheGreenBean

Sep 29, 2012
Hi again i followed your links for CWM but am totally lost as how to install it.Has anyone a vid up on what to do? I have searched youtube for an hour and found nothing on 9742 it seems nobody has one.I'm learning some harsh lessons this week lol.
I rooted my lg smart phone last year first time and thought i was a pro lol.

TheGreenBean

Sep 29, 2012
If you know how to run a batch file, then you should be able to run my tool, which is located, along with everything else, in the sticky at the top of the forum.

Thank you for your help.I am just going to leave it for now it's way over my head.I spent the day trying to install the stupid driver got it eventually.Got the command box to see my device but got lost again when i entered the script it didn't work.
I give up. Thank you again Traveller you da man.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
Thanks for all your help. I am along the lines of the other chap on this thread I thought I was good at all this stuff but I have to say that this tablet have got me a bit stumped. Not sure what to download, put where and run what. Just seem to be going round in circles reading. I am just not getting it and I am getting a bit frustrated. Thanks again for the help I will sit back and take a breather than have another go.