Kyros 9742 camera not working

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
About the only way you still wouldn't be able to write to mnt\sdcard is if the permissions file was never actually overwritten. This can happen if the file manager isn't set to change the read/write status of files. ES File Explorer is notorious for deselecting the root function on its own.

I am currently working on a flashable zip solution, but I need to test it to make sure it works. Once I've tested it, I can release all of my fixes in one file, and make it easier to modify the stock ROM once the Google apps are installed.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
i have checked the settings that you mention but no good, sd card still comes up with no,read,no write and no hide and i cant change that so as i cannot sort out the internal access would it be possible to use the ext sd card for the camera instead?.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You can do that by changing vold.fstab, but changing the mount points in that file will not fix the permissions issue. Replacing platform.xml in \system\etc\permissions should have allowed both mnt\sdcard and mnt\extsd to be written to and read from. Why it isn't working for you I don't know. It works for me.

kenroy

Sep 30, 2012
I haven't tried to replace the platform filed again as you said that it wasn't needed on the mobiz firmware so maybe I will try that. What I don't get is that I can download apps so this uses the sd card so that would suggest that can be written to. All I wanted was to be able to have Google play and the camera working. All else works except I can't take pictures because I suppose there is nowhere to store the pictures. So damned frustrating. I wish I understood the machine code.

jmblouin

Oct 28, 2012
I got tired of not being able to download TuneIn Radio from the market, so I installed Mobiz v2 today. You may want to do the same. You have CWM already, so if you wanted to try the Mobiz ROM, you can install it the same way you installed the Google apps. Mobiz includes the apps so you don't have to worry about flashing the apps package.

EDIT: The Mobiz ROM has an issue with videos playing upside down. I couldn't resolve this so I had to go back to stock. However, the Mobiz build.prop and its permissions files did solve my problem with TuneIn Radio. I'm satisfied with the results.

Were you ever able to resolve the upside down video ( youtube,video playback, netflix is fine) ?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I only tested Mobiz to see if it would resolve my issues with TuneIn Radio not being downloadable from the Play Store. While the Mobiz ROM did have the video issue, it did in fact solve my TuneIn Radio problem: I copied its build.prop to my default install, along with its XML files. My default install is the stock ROM with Google apps and the aforementioned Mobiz files. It's the only way to ensure the drivers are correct.