New Coby 7022-4G

gunabcd

Jul 7, 2011
Both this cases look good but do you plan on cutting a hole for the speaker or you don't use the speaker? I really want to get a folding case like the ones you pictured but still want to use my speaker. I will probably buy that amazon one you linked and cut a little rectangle out for the speaker with an exacto knife.EDIT: I went ahead and bought this onePU Leather Bag Cover Case For 7" Ereader Android Tablet | eBayThat ebay store has a bunch of different cases for a 7 inch tablet. I'll let you know how it fits.
The one you bought looks pretty good, the only question how it fits, the dimensions really don't help. Good think the seller is in NY, i don't buy stuff from chinese sellers.Cutting a hole is a great idea (why didn't I think that), i will mostly use coby on the train reading ebooks for my certification, but with a speaker hole, at home, I won't have to use earphones or remove the tab from the case.The one on amazon has a reviewer saying Asus A7 fits well in it, which has almost same dimensions has coby 7022. plus with no paypal account, Amazon seems to be my only option.Did you get a screen protector or do you think one is needed?

mrwarehouse

Jul 12, 2011
OK, really dumb question here, but is there a difference between micro sd and microsdhc cards? I'd liek to add more memory to my 7022 but have had no luck finding anything bigger than 2gb in micro sd format.

Other than that I am *very* please with my purchase (also fro Toy's R Us) and with daprospeta's how-to I have Market and Flash installd. I'm going to try Netflix right now.

Thanks in advnace!

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
OK, really dumb question here, but is there a difference between micro sd and microsdhc cards? I'd liek to add more memory to my 7022 but have had no luck finding anything bigger than 2gb in micro sd format.

Other than that I am *very* please with my purchase (also fro Toy's R Us) and with daprospeta's how-to I have Market and Flash installd. I'm going to try Netflix right now.

Thanks in advnace!

7022 is compatible with micro sdhc cards up to 32gb...

A micro sdhc just means high capacity. These cards are usually from 8gb-32gb and usually class 4 or higher meaning a minimum read/write speed of 4mbps. I believe they make micro sd cards up to class 10. You can get a transcend class 6 4gb, 8gb for pretty cheap on amazon.

mrwarehouse

Jul 12, 2011
7022 is compatible with micro sdhc cards up to 32gb... A micro sdhc just means high capacity. These cards are usually from 8gb-32gb and usually class 4 or higher meaning a minimum read/write speed of 4mbps. I believe they make micro sd cards up to class 10. You can get a transcend class 6 4gb, 8gb for pretty cheap on amazon.
Thanks for the info. I'll head out for one now.

rpcantrell

May 30, 2011
I just got some GreatShield protectors for my 7022 from Amazon, Pack of 3 for 9.98, but very good. They are for HTC Flyer and are just a hair large, but easy to trim and install. Also got a case with usb keyboard for 17.98 that is pretty good too. By the way, Radio Shack has frequent sales on their micro SDHC cards at great prices. They sell Micro SDHC, SDHC and USB flash for the same price.

Cisco

Jul 17, 2011
Also the capacitance screen and the CPU performance make the 7022 the best under $200 tablet
The screen is not IPS like, its O.k. ( I have a rooted CM7 Nook color). If someone port CM7 to the tablet, It will reign supreme.

Friend, how about an update on your Coby 7022? Thank's.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
How about an update on your coby 7022? Thanks.

Ive had it for two weeks and its still a great tablet. Havent had any problems/crashes/etc.... Been reading pdf documents, browsing full websites w/flash, playing games ( angry birds, paradise island, drag racing), and watching movies (Via hdmi and on screen). I am really happy with my purchase.

gunabcd

Jul 7, 2011
Both this cases look good but do you plan on cutting a hole for the speaker or you don't use the speaker? I really want to get a folding case like the ones you pictured but still want to use my speaker. I will probably buy that amazon one you linked and cut a little rectangle out for the speaker with an exacto knife.

EDIT: I went ahead and bought this one

PU Leather Bag Cover Case For 7" Ereader Android Tablet | eBay

That ebay store has a bunch of different cases for a 7 inch tablet. I'll let you know how it fits.

Hi Nba1341,
Did you receive your case yet? please do post your review of the case.
thanks.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
any chance of pointing us to any sort of walk-thru on how to do the same to our 7022s? :)

At this point I would NOT install CM7. Stay away unless you want a broken touch screen and lots of stuff doesn't work. And if you don't make backups you're screwed.

Hi Nba1341,
Did you receive your case yet? please do post your review of the case.
thanks.

I just got the case I like it alot. I can only strap 3 straps because the lower right corner one blocks the charging port and holds down the menu button. The 7022 fits perfectly into the case. In order to solve the speaker problem I used the included foam and put some at the very top of the tablet a thin strip. This way it is slightly lifted and the speaker is able to I assume bounce off the case and out the top/sides so I can hear it just as loud if not louder than when no case is there.

Pics (Sorry I only have my crappy phone camera):
IMG_20110718_201039.jpg

IMG_20110718_200928.jpg

IMG_20110718_200829.jpg

gunabcd

Jul 7, 2011
I just got the case I like it alot. I can only strap 3 straps because the lower right corner one blocks the charging port and holds down the menu button. The 7022 fits perfectly into the case. In order to solve the speaker problem I used the included foam and put some at the very top of the tablet a thin strip. This way it is slightly lifted and the speaker is able to I assume bounce off the case and out the top/sides so I can hear it just as loud if not louder than when no case is there.
The case looks cool, just ordered a black one. Creating ventilation for the sound is good idea too, but i'd probably puncture a few holes under the speaker so that they are not visible from a distance or they look like a design at worst :)Any idea if the case blocks heat or make the tablet hot ?? i hope not.