New Coby 7022-4G

zac

Mar 8, 2011
Thanks for sharing that info. That's what I was looking for.

Do you happen to know how to install the 'amazon market' is it available thru the android market place ??

Just another dumb question.. is there an application (without rooting) to make a backup of your device like an image file.. so that we could reinstall all the apps and settings from the backup in case of a factory reset.

Thanks again.

Best regards

dedgeu2

Jul 11, 2011
Thanks for sharing that info. That's what I was looking for.

Do you happen to know how to install the 'amazon market' is it available thru the android market place ??

Just another dumb question.. is there an application (without rooting) to make a backup of your device like an image file.. so that we could reinstall all the apps and settings from the backup in case of a factory reset.

Thanks again.

Best regards
Keep in mind that App2SD can only move most apps that you install yourself such as Netflix, Kindle, etc to an external SD card. Factory installed apps may not be available as options to be moved to the SD card. In other words, my Coby Kyros 7022 has the factory apps, android market and flash installed on the device but I saved space on it by moving my netflix, kindle app, App2SD, etc to my external card.

In order to get Amazon Appstore for Android installed, you will need to go to Amazon on your PC and find their appstore (left menu) and once you get to the appstore, on the right side is a download Amazon appstore section. Enter your email and once you get the email, open it on your Coby Kyros 7022 and click on the included link. The appstore app will download to your device.

You can search for possible back up apps in the Amazon appstore. There are several options that you can review to fit your specific needs.

rpcantrell

May 30, 2011
I have a rooted 7022. I got the Mini Info app from the market the other day. I was playing around with it and happened to press on the dispaly showing the internal memory. Mine was down to 35m and I was a little concerned. When I pressed it, a screen popped up which let me move major portions of apps which couldn't be moved to the sd. It shows you the before and after numbers. I now have half of my internal memory available agan. I had been looking at link2sd and apps2sd, which require partitioning your sd. MiniInfo does not. I love it. By the way, I am referring to the internal sd, not the removeable sd. MiniInfo is free, with a paid upgrade. I'm using the free version right now. I tried using it on my non-rooted Optimus, and the move function was not available.

zoedogedog

Jul 7, 2011
Thank you I was able to down load the link from "daprospecta" and watched his video now I have the market and is working flawlessly. Thanks again for your help and daprospecta for providing the link and video.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Thank you I was able to down load the link from "daprospecta" and watched his video now I have the market and is working flawlessly. Thanks again for your help and daprospecta for providing the link and video.

No problem. I created a new thread with the newest market. Its nice.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

dedgeu2

Jul 11, 2011
No problem. I created a new thread with the newest market. Its nice.

Hi Daprospecta. Thanks to your walkthrough I was able to install the original market. Sorry but I could not find your new thread on the new market. Do you provide a step by step process for upgrading it?

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Hi Daprospecta. Thanks to your walkthrough I was able to install the original market. Sorry but I could not find your new thread on the new market. Do you provide a step by step process for upgrading it?

Its in a thread called ' want the new market...here you go' it a step by guide in there

zac

Mar 8, 2011
would you mind sharing the name or providing a link of it ... I looked and couldn't find it. Thanx

zac

Mar 8, 2011
Thanks it is working now.

Is there a way to find out what version of andrid market is running on my tablet??

Thanks again.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Thanks it is working now.

Is there a way to find out what version of andrid market is running on my tablet??

Thanks again.

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Scroll down to market and click on it. It will say version.