New Coby 7022-4G

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Please note: this is a repost

Is there any way to set titanium backup to backup to the external micro SD ???

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

When in Titanium Backup:

Menu Button > Prefences > Scroll down to "Back folder location" and click it > Hit the back button > navigate to tflash folder and choose a location to have as your back folder location.

Last edited:

dinosaur205

Jun 17, 2011
what case with keyboard did you get? I bought one, but it didn't work. I checked and unchecked the usb debugging, but no use.

thanks.

jimcpl

Aug 10, 2011
With no lag whatsoever. I also tried planet vs zombies( i think thats the name) and it played with no lag as well. Gonna probably try gun bros soon.

Hi,

New here (just registered). I just wanted to let you know that I just ordered a MID7022, and one of the things that convinced me was a couple of videos you did on Youtube (on getting Market :)...

I've had a Gtablet for awhile now, but have been looking for another tablet that's a bit more portable, so I'm looking forward to working with the MID7022. I'm more of a "stock" type person, but I definitely want to get Market and temporary root (for Titanium Backup).

Thanks for your help!!

Jim

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Hi,

New here (just registered). I just wanted to let you know that I just ordered a MID7022, and one of the things that convinced me was a couple of videos you did on Youtube (on getting Market :)...

I've had a Gtablet for awhile now, but have been looking for another tablet that's a bit more portable, so I'm looking forward to working with the MID7022. I'm more of a "stock" type person, but I definitely want to get Market and temporary root (for Titanium Backup).

Thanks for your help!!

Jim

Welcome to the club so to speak.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

roberton

Jul 18, 2011
Did you use the usb adapter that came with the 7022?, that the only one that work with my usb keyboard.. I tried it with 2 differnts mini usb to usb adapter that I have, but only the one that came with the mid7022 works whit keyboards or usb flash drive...

nacx12

Aug 18, 2011
So far, thanks to this thread, I've installed the Android Marketplace and resolved the issue I was having with my wifi speed. I haven't rooted the tablet yet, but I think I will here soon. The one problem I think I'm having though has to do with where the tablet is storing apps I download. It's putting everything I get into the "internal storage" and not the NAND internal SD storage. This looks like it will become an issue because the internal storage is rather small as opposed to the 3-ish gigs available on the NAND. Is there anyway to resolve this? I messed around with the APP2SD without much success. Thanks!

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
So far, thanks to this thread, I've installed the Android Marketplace and resolved the issue I was having with my wifi speed. I haven't rooted the tablet yet, but I think I will here soon. The one problem I think I'm having though has to do with where the tablet is storing apps I download. It's putting everything I get into the "internal storage" and not the NAND internal SD storage. This looks like it will become an issue because the internal storage is rather small as opposed to the 3-ish gigs available on the NAND. Is there anyway to resolve this? I messed around with the APP2SD without much success. Thanks!
I believe you have to be rooted to use APP2SD because it accesses system files. I could be wrong but root it and try it. To get the most out of this tablet your going to need to root it anyway.

powerwalk

Feb 5, 2011
I believe you have to be rooted to use APP2SD because it accesses system files. I could be wrong but root it and try it. To get the most out of this tablet your going to need to root it anyway.

I use App2SD constantly...in fact, immediately after a new program has been installed, if it's movable, APP2SD puts a message in the notification bar area. I'm not rooted so this is not necessary

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
There is a lot of different APPS2SD programs so really if you provide a link we could tell. If your talking about the one that all it does is notify you when apps are moveable (you can do this yourself by going to settings > applications > click on app) then you don't need root.

Ubai

Aug 20, 2011
Hello,

I am new to tablets and Android, but after reading this thread I took the plunge and bought a 7022. So far it seems nice but I am having one problem, and I haven't had much luck finding a solution. If I put my tablet on standby and then wait more than a minute or so, it will not turn back on and I have to use the reset button on the back. Does anyone know how to fix this or did I get a bad tablet? So far I haven't done any customizing, so it is set up just as it was when I opened it.

Thanks in advance!
Matt

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
Hello,

I am new to tablets and Android, but after reading this thread I took the plunge and bought a 7022. So far it seems nice but I am having one problem, and I haven't had much luck finding a solution. If I put my tablet on standby and then wait more than a minute or so, it will not turn back on and I have to use the reset button on the back. Does anyone know how to fix this or did I get a bad tablet? So far I haven't done any customizing, so it is set up just as it was when I opened it.

Thanks in advance!
Matt

Not sure if this will help but to put your tablet to sleep you press the power button once and release. To wake it back up you press the power button once and it should come up with the lock screen. Not sure how you were attempting to wake it back up.

Ubai

Aug 20, 2011
Thanks for the reply! That is what I tried to do, but no matter how I pressed the power button it would not come back up and I had to use the reset button. This only happens if it sits for a minute or so, if I put it to sleep then immediately press the button it seems to work.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Thanks for the reply! That is what I tried to do, but no matter how I pressed the power button it would not come back up and I had to use the reset button. This only happens if it sits for a minute or so, if I put it to sleep then immediately press the button it seems to work.

Was this happening right out of the box or after installing some apps?

Ubai

Aug 20, 2011
This was before installing any apps I think, though I did set the auto power off to 2 minutes. When I started having trouble I set it back to the default 30 minutes.

Thanks!

XRing

Jul 5, 2011
That sounds like a defective unit. Mine has a problem sometimes when I boot it up.
I'm not sure if it's caused by a Market App or a defect.
It hangs during boot and asks me to plug into a PC with the USB, or press the reset button (on the back).

It's hung up about 5 times during the last couple of weeks.
If it gets worse, I'll likely take it back for replacement, before my add-on insurance runs out..