New Coby 7022-4G

BILL88STANG

Sep 15, 2011
does the netflix file a few pages back work? or do you have to put the market on here then update it to get netflix to work. what confuses me is the post on here about putting the new market states you have to uninstall the market first to put the new one on, but oyu said above its a two step to install it then update it .

Last edited:

dedgeu2

Jul 11, 2011
does the netflix file a few pages back work? or do you have to put the market on here then update it to get netflix to work. what confuses me is the post on here about putting the new market states you have to uninstall the market first to put the new one on, but oyu said above its a two step to install it then update it .

The way I installed netflix on my 7022 started with installing the market first. I used the youtube video (with the files provided on it). Once I was able to verify that the market was accessible, then I found the Netflix app and downloaded it from the market.

Later on, when the new market was available, all I did was install the new file (Market Update Version: 3.1.3). I did not uninstall the previous market but my device prompted me stating that the new version of the market would override the older version. I accepted the install and the new market interface was available for me. Netflix was unaffected since I downloaded it earlier from the older market version.

I imagine you could 1) install the older market as shown on the youtube video (phase 1), then 2) install the new market which will upgrade to the new version (phase 2), and then 3) you could then find the netflix app and install it.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I'm experiencing the same problem. If I play a racing game like Raging Thunder the car keeps moving to the left, even if I turn the tablet to the right. It's exactly what happens in the following video at the 30 sec point (sorry, the audio is in portuguese but you can notice the problem just by watching):

Hope you guys give me some idea on how to fix that.

did you ever figure this out? I am assuming you used the callibration app?

Last edited by a moderator:

afterlife2

Sep 24, 2011
Just bought mine over the weekend. I did the root, installed Market and Netflix(runs great better than I thought). It's so much faster than my 7015. :) Is there a working barcode for this tab? If so which one please.

wolf55

Sep 29, 2011
Daprospecta is the man!
You need to go to youtube to watch the video so you can use the link under the video to get the files, once you download the file, put it on the sd card and extract the files, put the card into the 7022 and follow the video instructions, I just got through doing it, then went to the market and got the netflix app, and was watching a movie. it is great, and if I can do this anyone can, I don't even own a smart phone so this is the first android anything I've ever fooled with. Good luck to all.

I could use some held, when I purchased by 7022 from amazon I also got a Pingtab HDE 7" tablet stand with USB keyboard, I've pluged it into the 7022 but it wont work, I know the keyboard is good because I pluged it into my desktop computer at it workd fine, anybody have an ida how to make it work with the 7022, thanks>

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I could use some held, when I purchased by 7022 from amazon I also got a Pingtab HDE 7" tablet stand with USB keyboard, I've pluged it into the 7022 but it wont work, I know the keyboard is good because I pluged it into my desktop computer at it workd fine, anybody have an ida how to make it work with the 7022, thanks>

Settings -> Advanced Settings -> USB Bus Mode, make sure it reads USB Host Mode.

The button prior to screen brightness in the Power Control widget alternates between the modes too BTW.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I went to Settings, but there is no Advanced Settings and I don't see a Power Control widget
Hmm, weird... Are you using the stock firmware?

Anyway, you can download a program that enables Advanced Settings from Market, and Power Control is a widget you can add to one of your home screens (it came pre-installed in my MID1024).

wolf55

Sep 29, 2011
Thanks for the help, but for some reason it is now working, I have no idea why it now works when yesterday when I posted my message it wasn't mosy likely operator error. As I said this is my first time using android. The 7022 is working great now, I have no issues with it except for battery life, but since I am almost never away from a plug-in that really isn't an issue either. Again thanks for the help.

afterlife2

Sep 24, 2011
Hey can somebody tell me which is the best LCD density setting for watching movies on the 7022? Thanks.

Last edited:

wolf55

Sep 29, 2011
Has anyone ever used joiku.com to tether your cell phone as a wi-fi hotspot, it is suppose to have a phone app for $9.99 that will turn your cell phone into a wi-fi hotspot. Just wondering if anyone has ever used it and did it work.
thanks

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Has anyone ever used joiku.com to tether your cell phone as a wi-fi hotspot, it is suppose to have a phone app for $9.99 that will turn your cell phone into a wi-fi hotspot. Just wondering if anyone has ever used it and did it work.
thanks

If it creates a true wifi network (infrastructure type) then it should work OTB. If it uses ad-hoc then it will need a modification in the tablet's Android system that has some shortcomes, like interfering with normal networks (see other threads about tethering on 7022).

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
Hi

Off topic, but I have noticed that on racing games on the kyros,it always wants to turn left. Is there a solution out there?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Android Tablet Forum