New Version of Jelly Bean ROM (Inverted Gapps)

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
This sITE is s worse and eBay can be a bit funny.

I'll have a play with chrome.

It just doesn't seem as smooth as it used to be!

Do you think I should put a link up for phablet 5 and slimz 10 and give people the choice?

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk 2

ownjoouk

Feb 24, 2013
i guess that makes sense, although I also now have had a bit of lag on slimz 10.

I might try formatting internal and see how that goes, but I never had this lag previously.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Do a clean install, some where something got messed up, the only lag I had was always the keyboard, that was taken care of with vampirefo's kernel, I always do a clean install as I want to make sure everything works before I release any rom

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

gmenik

Mar 1, 2013
i am using chrome sync w/ my phone and desktop it doesn't lag even dolphin mini, firefox and default browser. I am using phablet 6

ownjoouk

Feb 24, 2013
I seemed to have solved my problem. I wiped my internal after a clean install and the lag seems to have cleared up.

Be careful with the 1.5 overclock though! 3 times now my tablet has just shut off when playing games. Changed it back to 1.3 and it hasnt died yet so 1.5 overlock isnt for gamers!!

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Last edited by a moderator:

leonardv128

Jan 8, 2013
Hi im testing this combo (kernel/rom) and its really awesome, very smooth. The only thing that i don't like is the bootanimation, I personally liked the animation of stock, i replaced in the zip but right now I have a problem and it does not produce the sound of NVIDIA, any idea why?

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Hi im testing this combo (kernel/rom) and its really awesome, very smooth. The only thing that i don't like is the bootanimation, I personally liked the animation of stock, i replaced in the zip but right now I have a problem and it does not produce the sound of NVIDIA, any idea why?

I removed the sound file for the boot animation, if you have the original ROM, I believe the sound files are in the system/ media folder. Would you like me to stick the nvidia sound back into the ROM? Its in system/media/audio/notifications, I will upload the sound files and just use any root explorer and copy them, change permission and reboot, here's the sound files, just open up the ziphttp://d-h.st/Sv3, it should work as I have not removed the build prop settings nor the boot info in the ROM, I think:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

leonardv128

Jan 8, 2013
I removed the sound file for the boot animation, if you have the original ROM, I believe the sound files are in the system/ media folder. Would you like me to stick the nvidia sound back into the ROM? Its in system/media/audio/notifications, I will upload the sound files and just use any root explorer and copy them, change permission and reboot, here's the sound files, just open up the zipDev-Host - boot sound.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service, it should work as I have not removed the build prop settings nor the boot info in the ROM, I think:D:D:D:D

Ok thanks, this solution works perfect, copy - permissions - reboot - voila! bootanimation sound its back!

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Beauty, if you could, upload the original boot animation and post a link, I will make a flashable zip, as I want to start making some boot animations

ownjoouk

Feb 24, 2013
I thought I solved my problems with lag out but it returned. However I think I found out what it is. The SD cache seems to be set super high and this was causing my tablet to jam up and also it was making my external SD card in readable. The system could see it but when I went I to storage in settings I would get an fc and occasionally a soft reboot.

I have now changed the cache size with ROM tool box to 2048 and my problems are gone and no more storage issues. Eleven games that had been laggy run much better with the lower cache size.

You might want to mention this in the op for people that have and sstorage issues.