[REQ][RECOVERY] Recovery Image for MID 7,8,1024

axelroo

Aug 29, 2011
Thanks for the responses. Once I fix /system/bin/wpa_supplicantd and remove any personal information from the image, I'll post it up. However, Im sorry to say that a slip of the screwdrive damaged my 8024 and so its dead but I'll continue to refine the image to help liberate this device from obscurity. Be sure to use delicate and precise tools when taking your internal SD card in and out :p

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Thanks for the responses. Once I fix /system/bin/wpa_supplicantd and remove any personal information from the image, I'll post it up. However, Im sorry to say that a slip of the screwdrive damaged my 8024 and so its dead but I'll continue to refine the image to help liberate this device from obscurity. Be sure to use delicate and precise tools when taking your internal SD card in and out :p

Sorry to hear about your unit. if possible could you post any of the stock apps(specifically Launcher.apk) from the 8024 for some reason when I reset my device the launcher is not in system/app

andymed

Sep 5, 2011
I have a Coby Kyros MID 1024 with android Froyo (fantastic). The only problem for me is that it connects the network created by theAD HOC my Nokia 5800 with JoikuSpot Premium (tested the freeTBM), with my netbook from HP and another from Sansumg work well.

Searching the Web has some posts saying that it is possible tomake a change to wpa_supplicant for him to see and connect tothis network type. I tried with some programs, such Z4root, create aSuper User access, but without success. More searching I found some files already modified wap who allegedly were alreadychanged to this function.

I made a copy of my original and replaces it with wpa located on the Web (pasted). It still fails, the network did not enable Wifi Kyros, gave error. So I made the switch to the original file, but he did not return to run the Wifi, the error: "Unable to verify the existence of networks" and enabling Wifi off and I can not access anything (I have wireless network at home, which worked in Kyros). I tried to install programs for managing Wi-Fi network and they do not workas well.

man must either re-access WiFi networks or at least solve theproblem once and access tbm Ad hoc networks. Any suggestions?

crashangel

Aug 18, 2011
I have a Coby Kyros MID 1024 with android Froyo (fantastic). The only problem for me is that it connects the network created by theAD HOC my Nokia 5800 with JoikuSpot Premium (tested the freeTBM), with my netbook from HP and another from Sansumg work well.

Searching the Web has some posts saying that it is possible tomake a change to wpa_supplicant for him to see and connect tothis network type. I tried with some programs, such Z4root, create aSuper User access, but without success. More searching I found some files already modified wap who allegedly were alreadychanged to this function.

I made a copy of my original and replaces it with wpa located on the Web (pasted). It still fails, the network did not enable Wifi Kyros, gave error. So I made the switch to the original file, but he did not return to run the Wifi, the error: "Unable to verify the existence of networks" and enabling Wifi off and I can not access anything (I have wireless network at home, which worked in Kyros). I tried to install programs for managing Wi-Fi network and they do not workas well.

man must either re-access WiFi networks or at least solve theproblem once and access tbm Ad hoc networks. Any suggestions?

Hi Andymed,

I'm with my Coby Bricked 1024 and I need a copy of the operating system ...

Would you create a file. Img and publish somewhere in the internet for download?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011

Can you give me a copy of your 1024 files? Specifically the utmodules. Also your dmesg. Let me check the different files between 7024 vs 1024. Maybe i can add those files in c8lean rom.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

pimentell

Apr 17, 2011
Hi Andymed,

I'm with my Coby Bricked 1024 and I need a copy of the operating system ...

Would you create a file. Img and publish somewhere in the internet for download?

Please i need that too. Mine Kyros 1024 is bricked too. Can you use the USB IMAGE TOOL program to make a .img file of the internal SD? Pleaseeeeeee!

hfcx

Feb 28, 2011
I just checked cobyusa support page and found a ~91MB file under firmware for 8024. Could this be the firmware that many have been trying to get?

Would the more capable forum members be able to make us a 2.3 update? :p There isn't any for the 8125 though.

pimentell

Apr 17, 2011
Very bad, it doesn´t works at end:(... I think that is because it has another Flash memory on the board: SAMSUNG K9F1G08U0B a 1G NAND. This Samsung´s NAND probably has a boot sector... Maybe we can read it by some way. Any jumper or something to read it by USB?:confused: