[ROM][4.4.4] Cyanogenmod-11 for Lenovo A2109 (20160510)

profeet

Aug 17, 2014
I'm back from vacation and flash new ROM CM11. Its very fast and smooth. :)
Big big thanks @PJBrs, you give new life to our old tablet.
About bugs:
- when i flash new cwm - it can't mount sdcard (i remove sdard manually & insert) cwm find as sdcard2???
- camera - can't save foto/video in sdcard (only internal storage), anybody can confirm?
- old bug with sounds (from CM10.2) - play music & screen on - ok, but if turn off screen - sound interrupted (not via bt) logcat will be soon...
- can't delete system app - system partition not mount?
That's all.

Last edited:

WzT

Jul 15, 2015
I have been waiting custom ROM for 2109A a long long time. Thank you for your great effort, PJBrs.
However, I never flash recovery and ROM before, have to learn from beginning.o_O

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I have been waiting custom ROM for 2109A a long long time. Thank you for your great effort, PJBrs.
However, I never flash recovery and ROM before, have to learn from beginning.o_O
The general process is quite easy, but there are several variants. I prefer the "normal" process:
  1. Put the ROM on your SD-Card
  2. (Optional) put gapps on your SD-Card
  3. Install fastboot and adb on PC
  4. Reboot to bootloader (e.g., via adb)
  5. Unlock bootloader (Warning! This causes factory reset.)
  6. Flash recovery
  7. Reboot to recovery
  8. (Optional) back-up current ROM
  9. Clean cache and dalvik cache
  10. Install new ROM
  11. Reboot
Many of these steps are explained in detail in the development forum of androidtablets.net .

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
New ROM! Fixes for bluesleep and wifi-direct, selinux set to enforcing. Please test!
cm-11-20150720-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip (md5: 2960a6d190114cec193ca8960b6b3893)

Remaining bugs:
  • Rotation lock button not working
  • Battery drain when wifi disabled
  • ...?

I'm back from vacation and flash new ROM CM11. Its very fast and smooth. :)
Big big thanks @PJBrs, you give new life to our old tablet.

And thank you for testing!

About bugs:
- when i flash new cwm - it can't mount sdcard (i remove sdard manually & insert) cwm find as sdcard2???

Hmm... I boot cwm with sdcard inserted, and it also gives strange links. Perhaps we need different fstab and init.kai.rc?

- camera - can't save foto/video in sdcard (only internal storage), anybody can confirm?

As far as I know--this is by design. (Unbelievable, right?) Sorry! Perhaps you can use a file manager to move your stuff to external sd-card?

- old bug with sounds (from CM10.2) - play music & screen on - ok, but if turn off screen - sound interrupted (not via bt) logcat will be soon...

I SO hope that the new bluesleep fix will also fix this. If not, I think you need to use a wakelock app. Otherwise, perhaps logcat and dmesg?

- can't delete system app - system partition not mount?
That's all.

Ehmmm... It normally shouldn't be supported to delete system apps? It might be possible from terminal (su; mount -o remount /system; rm {wherever your app is}. Then again, CM doesn't pack so much cruft, right?

yaka

Jun 28, 2015
New ROM! Fixes for bluesleep and wifi-direct, selinux set to enforcing. Please test!
cm-11-20150720-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip (md5: 2960a6d190114cec193ca8960b6b3893)
DearPJBrs, thanks for your great work! I flashed your new rom to test it. So far, I have 2 observations:
1. The CyanogenMod version number in settings is 11-20150622-UNOFFICIAL-kai
2. Wifi-direct does not work with Windows 10 (Build 10162).

I'll check wifi-direct with my BluRay player this evening & report.

Bests, yaka

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
DearPJBrs, thanks for your great work! I flashed your new rom to test it. So far, I have 2 observations:
1. The CyanogenMod version number in settings is 11-20150622-UNOFFICIAL-kai
Yeah, I didn't redo the entire build because I only changed the kernel, kernel modules and init.kai.rc. Changes like that don't require the Android source tot be recompiled. Think of it liker this--the build started on June 22 and finished yesterday :)

2. Wifi-direct does not work with Windows 10 (Build 10162).

I'll check wifi-direct with my BluRay player this evening & report.

Bests, yaka

Thanks for testing! To be honest, I haven't any idea about what you can do with wifi direct. I only know that I can set up a wifi direct group with my phone...

Edit: perhaps I need soms network-related changes as well, time to check the grouper (Nexus 7) kernel config for KitKat

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
One other thing, it appears that the hardware rotation lock button is in:

/sys/devices/virtual/switch/Gensor_IRQ/

You can read its status by doing

Code:
cat /sys/devices/virtual/switch/Gensor_IRQ/state

Interesting :)

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
One other thing, it appears that the hardware rotation lock button is in:

/sys/devices/virtual/switch/Gensor_IRQ/

You can read its status by doing

Code:
cat /sys/devices/virtual/switch/Gensor_IRQ/state

Interesting :)
Nice. Maybe we can find a way to make an app/script that turns something on/off based on the switches state; for instance, sound on/off, GPS on/off, etc.

yaka

Jun 28, 2015
To be honest, I haven't any idea about what you can do with wifi direct. I only know that I can set up a wifi direct group with my phone...
Dear PJBrs, I tested wifi-direct with my BluRay player, and it WORKS. The player connected to the tablet, but I could not browse the media files on Lenovo with the BluRay. It may be my BluRay's fault, or my fault (bad setting)...

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Nice. Maybe we can find a way to make an app/script that turns something on/off based on the switches state; for instance, sound on/off, GPS on/off, etc.
This should be possible! I've done some googling. One thing we appear to need is a FileObserver. And we need to change the regular settings app, so that screen rotation is only on when Gensor_IRQ is online and when the setting is selected. But not right now :)

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Dear PJBrs, I tested wifi-direct with my BluRay player, and it WORKS. The player connected to the tablet, but I could not browse the media files on Lenovo with the BluRay. It may be my BluRay's fault, or my fault (bad setting)...
Thanks for testing again, this sounds better ;)

Still, I've checked, and grouper has quite some networking related kernel options enabled that we don't, so perhaps some problems still exist.