[ROM][4.4.4] Cyanogenmod-11 for Lenovo A2109 (20160510)

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
the way I install recovery is learned from this forum,[HOW TO] Install ClockworkMod Recovery and Root | Android Tablet Forum ,I can install other recovery such as Clockworkmod-6.0.3.7, which i get from [ROM] AOSP/CM Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for a2109 | Android Tablet Forum ,and I can enter this recovery ,however when i install the new recovery ,i can install successfully, just i can not enter in
Can you try to only boot the image? Something like:

$ fastboot -i 0x17ef boot cwm-6.0.5.1-UNOFFICIAL-kai.img

Please add all output from this command.

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Thanks for testing! I should have been a little bit more specific--did you test bluetooth or just the mini-jack? (I hope the latter :))
Just the mini-jack, Unfortunately I haven't bluetooth headset[emoji4]
Any progress on wifi battery drain issue?
Thank you so much for supporting our old tablet!

yufeng

Aug 10, 2014
Can you try to only boot the image? Something like:

$ fastboot -i 0x17ef boot cwm-6.0.5.1-UNOFFICIAL-kai.img

Please add all output from this command.

I tried to only boot this image the way you telled to me ,but it can't solve my problem, when i enter in the recovery, it stilled stop at booting android recovery.:(

Last edited by a moderator:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Just the mini-jack, Unfortunately I haven't bluetooth headset[emoji4]
Any progress on wifi battery drain issue?
Thank you so much for supporting our old tablet!

I _thought_ I had fixed the battery drain issue, but no... Sorry. I don't even know where the problem resides. The one thing specific for our tablet is the kernel wifi driver (bcmdhd), with about a 600-line patch of changes from Lenovo.

I was also looking at making the kernel source cleaner, and am still doing so, and I'm trying to build my first Android app, for a certain rotation lock button ;)

I tried to only boot this image the way you telled to me ,but it can't solve my problem, when i enter in the recovery, it stilled stop at booting android recovery.:(

I'm very sorry, but I cannot help you without more details of what you did. I've tried several of the recoveries that I compiled and put online earlier, and they all seem to work. The only thing I can think of is that your download was faulty. And if not, go step by step, from stock, to JellyBean 4.2, to KitKat. I could also put system images online to directly flash system and boot, but the risks of bricking devices then are significantly higher, so, I don't really feel like doing so...

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
For all previous builds the tablet becomes laggy when I contacted it to the Internet, touch doesn't respond probably.
Anyone have experienced this issue?
Thanks,

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
For all previous builds the tablet becomes laggy when I contacted it to the Internet, touch doesn't respond probably.
Anyone have experienced this issue?
Thanks,
My impression is that this is the case, unfortunately, with any a2109 ROM. In fact, this for me was the incentive to try and build my own rom in the first place, and I do think that KitKat fares better than stock. But browsing the internet isn't exactly a pleasant experience. I suspect that it is caused by our emmc not properly supporting trim / discard, like grouper / nexus 7.

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Thanks PJBrs.
I see, I have tried app called Trimmer (fstrim) and I think that I got some improvements.

Last edited:

Jekson91

Aug 27, 2015
I am have a problem. My usb mouse work from otg cable. But my bluetooth mouse connected to device but i don'n see coursor mouse. How i can use my bluetooth mouse?

Jekson91

Aug 27, 2015
I am think bluetooth mouse dont work because in rom no file config

/system/etc/bluetooth/main.conf

DefaultLinkPolicy = 7

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I am think bluetooth mouse dont work because in rom no file config

/system/etc/bluetooth/main.conf

DefaultLinkPolicy = 7
Hey thanks for the report and suggestion!

Did you test it yourself? And how did you find this solution? I must have spent quite some time googling but this I didn't find.

Jekson91

Aug 27, 2015
I found a similar problem on the Internet. Mouse is connected but the cursor does not appear. also compared the contents of the folder system / etc / bluetooth in the sink there are 4 files. I tried to throw them in your hand. No. I have not the result of running the touchscreen therefore very much hope that you will be able to correct this deficiency.

G_Commander

Aug 30, 2015
Unfortunately i got all the time that trebuchet was closed. So i dont have a "desktop". Can anyone help me?

edit: i formatted all data on the tablet an reinstalled the mod, now it works. thx for ur work!

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I found a similar problem on the Internet. Mouse is connected but the cursor does not appear. also compared the contents of the folder system / etc / bluetooth in the sink there are 4 files. I tried to throw them in your hand. No. I have not the result of running the touchscreen therefore very much hope that you will be able to correct this deficiency.

Okay. You are halfway there throwing the solution in my hand :) I'll need some testing *before* I'll put up a new rom, and I don't have a bluetooth mouse myself. So, here's what I'll do.

I'm going to google a little bit more. Then I'm going to put a main.conf file online for you to test. Do you need any help testing? The basic steps are relatively simple--open your terminal, and do:
Code:
$ su
# mount -o remount /system
# cp main.conf /system/etc/bluetooth/

If you find that the new main.conf works, then please let me know and I'll update the rom. Of course, you can always make your own main.conf and test it.