[ROM] Singapore S7 V100R001C51B011

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
But only the rear one with fring. And that worked with SIP without any setting input.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
All credit for the link goes to McSpoon on the Modaco Huawei S7 Tablet Firmware thread.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I have been using the device constantly on the internet now for over 5 hours with WiFi enabled and I have put it on charge with 25% showing left.
Pretty good!

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Download the firmware you want, extract it and copy the entire folder called "dload" to a SD card, put it in your device and re-boot. You will see the ROM upgrade in process and at the end you will see a OK message. Take the card out and reboot, the only way you can is by removing the battery. You are all set. If you forget to take the card out it will go back into the ROM upgrade mode.

For clarification : so extract "dload" folder to SD card, insert, then reboot. (is this power off tablet and turn back on reboot?)

later it states after "OK message" take card out and reboot (only by removing battery?)

So we have to remove battery 2 times?

thx

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
Nope you only have to take the battery out after the update loads and you get the OK message. You also need to take out the SD card that you have the update on once you get the OK message as well.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I've just flashed what appears to be a generic firmware version and it's clocking the device at 998MHz without any software twiddle.
When flashing see if you can use freshly formatted (fat 16) sdcard, 1GB will do, create a folder on it labelled dload, put the update.dat and the cfg file you extracted into this folder insert it in the device with the power off and then power on for the flash to begin. When complete and OK appears on the screen pull the battery, remove the sdcard and replace the battery before powering on.
Do this without external power as the device will still operate and not be able to boot after flash proccess.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
You just beat me kev.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
cool thx, think im gonna flash that firmware you just did tonight. So you say its got 360deg auto rotation and set's cpu to 998 of the bat.... nice

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Installed this a few hours back. Battery seems a bit better. Still runs at 768. Is there a free program that will overclock?

allexoss

Jan 3, 2011
Hello. I have the version with one camera on front. Do you think it is ok to flash it with this rom ? 10x

Jao36

Dec 30, 2010
Installed this a few hours back. Battery seems a bit better. Still runs at 768. Is there a free program that will overclock?

You can get SetCPU over at xda.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
If you look at my Linpack results above you will see that mine clocked out at 998MHz after the flash.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
allexoss
I'd be wary of that. The outcome could be bad!