[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 - Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
@felixsoyantotanto

You don't need ROM Manager, just follow instructions from the first post.

jonatanruiz

Oct 15, 2011
Hi!
I have the same problem. I´ve tried "with 2 secs each press", but it didn´t work...
I have Windows 7, could this be the problem?

Repaet step 2 but with 2 secs each press.
- press Back key for 2 seconds
- press Power button for 2 seconds. (P.S. HOLD Back button when you press Back button)
- release Power button first for 2 seconds
- release Back button
- total duration will be 6 seconds.

For backup whole system install ROM Manager from the market.

Here is originally ViewPad 10s Firmware: ViewPad_10s_v1.09_firmware_update.zip

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Hi!
I have the same problem. I´ve tried "with 2 secs each press", but it didn´t work...
I have Windows 7, could this be the problem?
Try to connect charger before any action. This is the only way to work for me.

Last edited:

jonatanruiz

Oct 15, 2011
It doesn´t work...

Don´t appear "other device --> APX". Sometimes appears in "USB Controllers" a new controller, but i´ve tried to update this controller with the driver, but didn´t work...

More ideas, please...

Thanks for all.

Repaet step 2 but with 2 secs each press.
- press Back key for 2 seconds
- press Power button for 2 seconds. (P.S. HOLD Back button when you press Back button)
- release Power button first for 2 seconds
- release Back button
- total duration will be 6 seconds.

For backup whole system install ROM Manager from the market.

Here is originally ViewPad 10s Firmware: ViewPad_10s_v1.09_firmware_update.zip

Try to connect charger before any action. This is the only way to work for me.

jonatanruiz

Oct 15, 2011
I almost get it... Now I can watch "NVIDIA USB-Boot Recovery..." in USB Controllers.
But now this USB controller is showed with a yellow triangle and it show me the error:
"This device can´t start (Code 10)"

Any idea??

Thanks

It doesn´t work...

Don´t appear "other device --> APX". Sometimes appears in "USB Controllers" a new controller, but i´ve tried to update this controller with the driver, but didn´t work...

More ideas, please...

Thanks for all.

DaHanz

Aug 24, 2010
I almost get it... Now I can watch "NVIDIA USB-Boot Recovery..." in USB Controllers.
But now this USB controller is showed with a yellow triangle and it show me the error:
"This device can´t start (Code 10)"

Any idea??

Thanks
Check this out: Description of Code 10-related errors that Device Manager generates in Windows-based computers

@Legionnaire or somebody else that might be able to answer my question ;) :
Left my viewpad alone for less than a day, but as I came back it turned out that the battery drained comletely...
It had 50% battery left and the last charges lasted very long - I was playing alot around with wifi turned on for about 6+ hours!
Is there a known bug with the standby, did I something wrong or is it defective?!

mackowiakp

Oct 4, 2011
The ViewCOMB_3.2_Build_5.exe works properly on my POV Tegra 10 but VegaComb+HC3.2+9b+Installer.exe after installing reboots constatntly my tablet during boot time. Is any newest ViewCOMB_3.2_Build_X.exe avaliable? Another problem is video player. What is Your suggestion about which video player form market I have install to playback most formats and containers (dvix. avi, x.264, mkv etc).

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Check this out: Description of Code 10-related errors that Device Manager generates in Windows-based computers

@Legionnaire or somebody else that might be able to answer my question ;) :
Left my viewpad alone for less than a day, but as I came back it turned out that the battery drained comletely...
It had 50% battery left and the last charges lasted very long - I was playing alot around with wifi turned on for about 6+ hours!
Is there a known bug with the standby, did I something wrong or is it defective?!
That's known power management issue. Should be fixed in next version.

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
The ViewCOMB_3.2_Build_5.exe works properly on my POV Tegra 10 but VegaComb+HC3.2+9b+Installer.exe after installing reboots constatntly my tablet during boot time. Is any newest ViewCOMB_3.2_Build_X.exe avaliable? Another problem is video player. What is Your suggestion about which video player form market I have install to playback most formats and containers (dvix. avi, x.264, mkv etc).
I use MX Video Player and Codec ARMv7.
New ViewCOMB version coming soon.

TifKag

Apr 17, 2011
I couldn't wait any longer and installed build 5, but i went back to the stock 1.09 ROM.

E-Mail did not work, i used the same settings, i always use on the stock ROM, but viewCOMB said it couldn't use these settings (they are just standard pop and smtp servers, on the standard ports 110 and 25) :confused:

mackowiakp

Oct 4, 2011
USB memory stick does not work. Even "Activity" LED on stick is still off. In previous FW ver the LED was on in normal state.

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
I couldn't wait any longer and installed build 5, but i went back to the stock 1.09 ROM.

E-Mail did not work, i used the same settings, i always use on the stock ROM, but viewCOMB said it couldn't use these settings (they are just standard pop and smtp servers, on the standard ports 110 and 25) :confused:
Email works perfectly, I use it everyday often. You can set up POP, SMTP, and IMAP servers with custom ports.

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
USB memory stick does not work. Even "Activity" LED on stick is still off. In previous FW ver the LED was on in normal state.
USB stick works very well. You have to open Shuttle Tools and enable HOST mode, then you can explore content from usb stick.