So, How Many A2109 Users Do We Have Here So Far?

ramdyc

Dec 26, 2012
Look on Play Store for apps2sd. If that doesn't work for you, one of the related apps should.

Thanks. I tried a couple of those apps and apparently the way this tablet mounts the SD card (as "sdcard2" and I also see it as "sdcard1" in some places) those apps don't support it.

Any workarounds for that? I don't necessarily need to install the apps to the sdcard but moving app data for large games to the sdcard would be great.

spongebob5961

Dec 30, 2012
Just ordered and waiting for delivery. I'm no modern day geek but I've been an enthusiast of all things pc since toying with a "Timex Sinclair" back in the day. lol

ragasy11

Dec 29, 2012
Thanks for reply. I went to bestbuy to ask refund. They did check the device and the charger. Nothing happened. The device didn t take charge, so it was defective, so they gave me an exchange. Hope the new one will work.

anika200

Dec 2, 2012
Thanks for reply. I went to bestbuy to ask refund. They did check the device and the charger. Nothing happened. The device didn t take charge, so it was defective, so they gave me an exchange. Hope the new one will work.

Please let us know how you make out with the new one. Bummer you got a bad one.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012

Hope this one works out for you.
And it's not catching like a Bad Cold, I'm going to be getting mine here in about a month.... Can't Wait.... :cool:

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
Those anyone else get really slow transfer when moving files with usb.

I've never had much trouble with transfer speeds to a usb stick.
But like SD Cards there are different speeds in different sticks.
Price isn't everything, But then again sometimes Brand Name means more then the Price.
It's really a CRAP Shoot.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Thanks. I tried a couple of those apps and apparently the way this tablet mounts the SD card (as "sdcard2" and I also see it as "sdcard1" in some places) those apps don't support it.

Any workarounds for that? I don't necessarily need to install the apps to the sdcard but moving app data for large games to the sdcard would be great.
I'm sorry, all I know id that those apps I mentioned exist. So far I really haven't found much use for my microsd card. I have enough space on the internal storage that I don't need to move app data over, and the card is too slow to copy movies to -- I use a thumb drive for movies and watch them on tv with a microHDMI cable. If you find something that works, please let us know.

ramdyc

Dec 26, 2012
I'm sorry, all I know id that those apps I mentioned exist. So far I really haven't found much use for my microsd card. I have enough space on the internal storage that I don't need to move app data over, and the card is too slow to copy movies to -- I use a thumb drive for movies and watch them on tv with a microHDMI cable. If you find something that works, please let us know.

So I've been doing a bit of research on the topic and it seems the only way to be able to install apps onto the sdcard, when it's mounted as sdcard2, is by editing the vold.fstab file (found in /etc/) in a way that would swap the internal storage and sdcard mount points. Basically making the sdcard appear as internal and the internal storage appear as the sdcard. It seems to me like that could potentially cause some problems at some point, but I'm very new to android so I really have no idea. What do you guys think?

I also found an app that will apparently do the modifications for you if you enter the locations. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.codlab.int2ext&hl=en I'm slightly tempted to give it a shot....

::EDIT::
Well I went ahead and tried it out since there's an option for it to be undone on reboot. It worked well. I had 32gb of internal storage space and 16gb of external space. I tried installing an app and it worked fine. The only problem I came across was when trying to use the "at boot" feature, which is supposed to make the process happen at boot, it doesn't work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong though.

Last edited:

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
That's pretty cool. Thanks for letting us know. And remember, those microsd cards are only about one-third the speed of internal storage. The price you pay, I suppose.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
found the link over in the lenovo forum and wandered over. i am a so far mostly happy new user. had a touch glitch that went away with a reset. stock ics for now.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
That's pretty cool. Thanks for letting us know. And remember, those microsd cards are only about one-third the speed of internal storage. The price you pay, I suppose.

I haven't had a chance to test lenovo internal memory speed, most are class 4, I have seen a few class 6, micro sdcard go up to class10, so really in some cases micro sdcards are twice as fast as internal memory.

Ok just checked internal memory is class10.

internal memory test

write 14.42

read 17.16

cheap class 10 micro sdcard

write 13.05

read 26.06

Last edited:

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I haven't had a chance to test lenovo internal memory speed, most are class 4, I have seen a few class 6, micro sdcard go up to class10, so really in some cases micro sdcards are twice as fast as internal memory.

Ok just checked internal memory is class10.

internal memory test

write 14.42

read 17.16

cheap class 10 micro sdcard

write 13.05

read 26.06

Hmmm

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk 2