TechVendetta ROM Developement

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
The sytabex7 is fully flash compatible, as i said you just need the right official flash apk. As for gps, yeah I dont have a dongle or a spare tablet let alone one for each dev here.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Key points there being IF you have an android phone; and IF you can tether... no to either of those and you're stuck. Much better solution is to have GPS either modded in, or have it attachable through the USB. I know someone, lorenii or JV90, I think had attached an external GPS and it was recognized, they just never went into Google Maps to see if it worked. There was also another thread posting which showed that, between the board layout and the registered tech specs, the board has a location for a GPS chip to be added onto the board directly. This is something I would persue were I to have a spare unit that I wouldn't care if it bricked during the process.

Speaking of Lorenii... weren't you the one that was going to replace the speaker jack? How'd that work out?

I haven't had a 7" tablet that lasted long enough to go thru the trouble of changing the jack. I have the jack located at a local vendor, but I just havent gone up there to get one. As for the GPS, it recognized that there was 'something' connected via USB, but since the GPS unit didn't have a "built in" driver or I didnt have an android driver on the tablet, it went no where.

Tech- I have a Delorme Earthmate BT-20. You can connect it via mini USB or bluetooth. It has a self contained battery, so there is no drain on the computer or it can run stand alone with a WinMo phone via BT. I used it a lot with my laptop for work.

Last edited:

lorenii

May 2, 2011
THAT I do not know. PM me your address and I will send it to you to see if you can get BT GPS working on these tablets (I'll want it back later ;-) )

I think I have a driver CD that came with it, but I am not sure... I think XP just picked it up- P&P, but I will look anyhow.

It takes a micro USB charger... got one?

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Try using an Ubuntu live CD and see if any GPS software works with it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Tablet Forum

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
IM very curious, you've mention that the ex model(whitout hdmi) its flash compatible with what? can you give more info regarding the flash player? cause IM having with mine mix results, sometimes the flash works, sometimes not, for example if you try to get the flash working from the m.youtube it wont work, however on facebook sometimes it world right on, what or why could that be? which version of flash player is the one that runs well and could you recommend it to use over beta4?

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Last test was on beta 5, we used either 10.1 or 10.3 cant remember exactly. m.youtube.com isnt flash, its meant for phones so it streams mp4, 3gp, etc. hulu wont work with a standard flash apk since they hate android but we will patch for that eventually, since I want hulu. ;]

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
in beta5? the problem that beta5 have is that the rotation icon its vanished, so in an ex version, how a landscape app could it be turn to portrait or viceversa? there is no way to turn it back on portrait or landscape, and after burn the beta5 on my tab I realize finally that a rotation sensor its missing, I thought it was software base but its a hardware sensor which is missing from the other model....so, its there any way to make the flash player a better working app under a ex version? my flash version its the one that appeared on the xda page regarding a working flash player v10.1.106.15

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
After we release the rom there will be an "extras" section containing gapps and flash and what not. See teaser below for more info. ;]

$techvupdateteaser.jpg

moocow1452

Jul 2, 2011
I just want to say that you are the man for compiling a rom on your own, for a tablet whose claim to fame is that it's the most gimped product around. Just noticed that I and the thread did a lot of poking and prodding at you, and I wanted to offset that a little.

fardox

Aug 13, 2011
Hello Everyone!

There is any Tutorial to Try this Beta Rom???
any guide to install???
Please!!!

cHodAX

Sep 2, 2011
Great work, much appreciated by everyone in the community. Will chip in a donation next time payday rolls around. Quick question, is there a workaround to get an kind of flash functionality on the Disgo 6000 yet? I noticed some people saying that beta 5 work for them but am I am right in assuming that is only for the Sytabex?

fardox

Aug 13, 2011
All the Sylvania community are waiting this tutorial that enables you to install the TechVendetta Rom on our Sylvania Tablet...