TechVendetta ROM Developement

pauljulian

Aug 4, 2011
Yeah I totally shattered one of the screens but managed to exchange it. As for bricks, we have one rule, NEVER EVER FLASH U0. As long as you stick to that, it's unbrickable. When and if we do get to a closed alpha before release people will be chosen from this thread based on the devices they own.

Have a SYNET 7, running beta 5_1, and Market, etc. are working... would like to be considered for an alpha - Titanium Pro is my best friend /smile

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
havent seen cfrockit around actually. We added him on g+ and he was figuring it out then vanished.

moocow1452

Jul 2, 2011
Wait, V4L? You could put a tv tuner on there even? Here is was thinking that a keyboard/mouse setup would be kinda cool...

See if you can get V6 Supercharger to work, if it makes a big difference one way or another.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Well we have a slight hardware experiment on our todo list which involves splicing a usb hub with a mini usb cord and crossing our fingers. As for tv tuners, I fail to see the point when we eventually aim for working hulu and other tv streamer apps. But the v6 thing is interesting, the current tweaking step involves fine tuning things like power consumption as well so maybe I can see what methods that app uses to achieve results other then just disabling features...

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Would GPS and AM/FM radio be of interest in the hardware tests? With those capabilities, the tab could replace the radio in my SUV, and would also provide a GPS solution.

DS_kid_9

Aug 31, 2011
I would love to test this ROM on my Sylvania that i should be arriving in the mail tomorrow. When does it release? is there anyway to get it early?

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
I have no idea if a usb gps dongle would be supportable or not in the future. We're focusing on the initial release for now.

As for when that will be, today's my first day back in college and my partner who owns the actual device has been rather busy so that's our primary slow down right now. We just rebuilt our development cluster and we're getting the tree back up soon, then I can continue tweaking. Whats happening right now is the coding for a replacement OTA system as well as a calibration tool. After that we move on to power consumption, flash, and patches for hardware limitations. As always I'll let you know along the way what has been checked off our list.

moocow1452

Jul 2, 2011
Would GPS and AM/FM radio be of interest in the hardware tests? With those capabilities, the tab could replace the radio in my SUV, and would also provide a GPS solution.

So long as you got an Android phone that can wirelessly tether, you can enable mock locations on the client and have it read locations via TetherGPS on the host end. I think it might use adb, so use with caution I guess.

moocow1452

Jul 2, 2011
Wireless Tether should work fine then. Should with a capital should.

BTW, if the Hulu patch falls through, getting Play On to work might be a good plan B.

Last edited:

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Flash works fine if you get the right apk on beta 5_1 but hulu actively blocks android.

moocow1452

Jul 2, 2011
Is it overclock capable at this point, and does it really make a difference re: performance?

Also, what version of ARM is in it? I know that a hacked version of Flash came up for v6, but I don't know if this one is 7, 11, or something in between.

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
So long as you got an Android phone that can wirelessly tether, you can enable mock locations on the client and have it read locations via TetherGPS on the host end. I think it might use adb, so use with caution I guess.

Key points there being IF you have an android phone; and IF you can tether... no to either of those and you're stuck. Much better solution is to have GPS either modded in, or have it attachable through the USB. I know someone, lorenii or JV90, I think had attached an external GPS and it was recognized, they just never went into Google Maps to see if it worked. There was also another thread posting which showed that, between the board layout and the registered tech specs, the board has a location for a GPS chip to be added onto the board directly. This is something I would persue were I to have a spare unit that I wouldn't care if it bricked during the process.

Speaking of Lorenii... weren't you the one that was going to replace the speaker jack? How'd that work out?