Update failed!! help

Lost4ever

Jun 6, 2011
I have same problem what can I do pls help me the a500 drive me to crazy

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

FarmerTed

May 14, 2011
Right, so you don't have to unroot, but you do need to restore the wpa_supplicant file as well as the phone and telephony apks if you deleted them before the update will work.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
don't have the old WPA-supplicant file.. am I screwed? or can I get a copy from someone..

Wondering the same thing. My error log is saying something is wrong with my wpa_supplicant file (even though I never changed it from what I can remember). How do we reset this file?

rcmolski

Apr 4, 2011
Here's the WPA_Supplicant from my A500, after the 3.1 update. Hope this works for you guys.

I'm not sure what the extension is for the A500, but I had to add .zip to be able to upload it. Try removing the .zip before using it. Also, remove the 'original'. I added that to keep it straight on my tablet.

Good Luck.

Bob

Attachments

• $original wpa_supplicant.zip
    273 KB · Views: 737

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Thank you so much, that file helped and solved my problem. Im now running 3.1.

robalbrecht

Jul 6, 2011
I failed many times today to update. I finally pulled the sd card and did a factory reset. It worked like a charm. Good luck.

roastedbagel

Jul 6, 2011
Is it possible to explain how exactly to use the wpa_supplicant file? I get an error upon trying to open it. I renamed it by removing the "original" and .zip from the file name, but it still errors out. Is there a certain directory I just need to drop it into? Or do I need to "run" it per se? Any help is greatly appreciated and I appreciate your patience with me. Thanks!

HD87

May 14, 2011
Is it possible to explain how exactly to use the wpa_supplicant file? I get an error upon trying to open it. I renamed it by removing the "original" and .zip from the file name, but it still errors out. Is there a certain directory I just need to drop it into? Or do I need to "run" it per se? Any help is greatly appreciated and I appreciate your patience with me. Thanks!
this was only if you altered the file in the 1st place.. if you didnt then this doesnt affect you.. im testing Acer Recovery Installer, app from the market, to reinstall a fresh copy of 3.0 and hopefully that'll help!

spexwood

May 11, 2011
this was only if you altered the file in the 1st place.. if you didnt then this doesnt affect you.. im testing Acer Recovery Installer, app from the market, to reinstall a fresh copy of 3.0 and hopefully that'll help!
Sorry to go against you here, but really you should try it if your error log is mentioning something about the wpa_supplicant file. In my case, I dont ever recall screwing around with the file, but I may have or may not have. Either way, replacing the file with one not messed up will fix the issue IF and ONLY IF your error log is saying that that file is incorrect.

So, people need to do this:
1) Root your tablet if not done already (You cant view the error log without being rooted... which is odd since I would think that people should have access to this)
2) Download and install something like Root Explorer (Im not sure of the alternatives) from the Market
3) Use the program to go to /cache/recovery and long hold on the file last_log to open the popup menu; press "Open in Text Editor"
4) Scroll to the bottom of the file and it will mention errors. If it reads something like...:
Installing update...
mount: failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p4 at /cache: Device or resource busy
Verifying current system...
file "/system/bin/wpa_supplicant" doesn't have any of expected sha1 sums; checking cache
failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory
failed to load cache file
script aborted: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/wpa_supplicant", "030ca98818df391b7ec65ed7905789c57b7b0451", "b7ed8151154603f458fba3e10dfcb63b0d7be72d")
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/wpa_supplicant", "030ca98818df391b7ec65ed7905789c57b7b0451", "b7ed8151154603f458fba3e10dfcb63b0d7be72d")
E:Error in /cache/acer_ug/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
I:timed out waiting for key input; rebooting.

then definitely try this method of fixing.

1) Download the file to your PC or tablet
2) rename the file by deleting the "original" part and also the extension (.zip). In the end, the file should JUST be "wpa_supplicant" with no extensions, etc.
3) With the tablet rooted, copy the file to /system/bin
4) Replace any original files
5) Retry update and hopefully get success

could you reupload that wpa_supplicant file. trying to download it is giving me an error. definetly want to test it out if it worked for spex. at this point im willing to try anything! thanks for the help
Try the file attached. It is the same as rcmolski's file, but without the "original" part. BE SURE TO DO AS EXPLAINED ABOVE.

andy8992

Jul 6, 2011
I'm not quite sure how to do that ha. I'm using droid explorer in windows to manage my files because root explorer crashes every time i open it.

andy8992

Jul 6, 2011
I figured it out. Thanks for your help. I didnt have busybox installed. Still failed though.

Last edited: