VTAB1008 Android 3.2.1

theFred

Dec 5, 2011
The sdcard is used the right way. After you make some changes in the settings, wait for it to move some stuff, then restart. Going through the manager and checking off programs to move to sdcard.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

stevepike

Mar 14, 2012
The sdcard is used the right way. After you make some changes in the settings, wait for it to move some stuff, then restart. Going through the manager and checking off programs to move to sdcard.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

What manager did you use ?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I guess Vizio has been listening on some of these issues. I think the SD card was probably the number one reason to require root. It seems they have now fixed that issue with the update.

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
so can anyone confirm that it truely moves app. so remove sd see if app still works. only reason i rooted was sd issue

stevepike

Mar 14, 2012
What did you use to move them? When I tried the SD card only showed a small amount of the total file size.

tucknet

Mar 16, 2012
Thanks....i came to the same conclusion...broadcast on=connection, broadcast off=no connection. I don't want to broadcast my SSID so hopefully this will be fixed soon...........
Had problems connecting to my home wifi initially. Had to enable 'SSID' broadcast even though I could manually enter parrameters. Other than that everything working perfectly. Thanks Vizio.

Fishtank

Nov 30, 2011
tucknet said:
Thanks....i came to the same conclusion...broadcast on=connection, broadcast off=no connection. I don't want to broadcast my SSID so hopefully this will be fixed soon...........

I've successfully connected to my network with ssid broadcast off. Sometimes it takes a few seconds. I do have two access points, using the same non-broadcast ssid on channels 1 & 11.

Mar 16, 2012

stocksj

Nov 22, 2011
I got the OS update on Friday night and ran with it. Everything seems quicker so far but have discovered issues with mpeg4 movies having errors and some issues with the SD card. Will conitnue to investigate. Otherwise pretty nice.

Jim

burtcom

Feb 25, 2012
I got the OS update on Friday night and ran with it. Everything seems quicker so far but have discovered issues with mpeg4 movies..

I updated my kid's tablets -- they immediately started complaining about the mp4 files (streaming from my Mezzmo DLNA server) pausing frequently. Is this what you're seeing?

I set them up with MX Player, and it seems to help (in fast software decode mode)

MX Player also has a hardware decode mode -- it seems to work fine on some MP4 files, but others just get audio.

DMK

Mar 19, 2012
Do not have as much tech knowledge as posters .... hope someone can help me with this question? I installed the update on vizio tablet and wish I hadn't. I use the tablet mostly for reading and crosswords. The crossword app I was using was great before update - could see everything clearly (had adjusted fonts, etc.). Now the app is displayed differently, much smaller and frustrating. Is there a way for me to reverse the update?

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
Do not have as much tech knowledge as posters .... hope someone can help me with this question? I installed the update on vizio tablet and wish I hadn't. I use the tablet mostly for reading and crosswords. The crossword app I was using was great before update - could see everything clearly (had adjusted fonts, etc.). Now the app is displayed differently, much smaller and frustrating. Is there a way for me to reverse the update?

Sorry to say, but maybe not...
I remember there was an update.zip file of the 1.5 update somewhere. It could be possible that it installs fine, but then the update service would most likely nag you to install 2.0 in an annoying way...

--------------------------------------
tapatalked from GalaxyS

Last edited: