VTAB1008 Android 3.2.1

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
Ok after playing with my vtab more since the update, it has been awesome! It is so fast and responsive now it is fun to use, it's like I have a new tablet!
I have not run into any issues yet but I have not run through all of my apps yet either.

drum4ever

Dec 2, 2011
After getting 3 of the 5 pages set up on the widget board I may not need to go back to the apps pages much at all. If I just had backgrounds without having to use an app loader and could put my copilot maps on a card, I'm pretty close to there.

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
I had used the apps to SD hack for unroot tablets and the reboot didn't get passed the V but I was able to get into recovery and do a factory reset that caused it to install the update. I don't like that the UI hasn't changed to something more loike a standard android ui so it still needs a launcher. The good news is the blue tooth keyboard did work fine.

I'm having trouble getting my Motorola Android BT KB to connect. The vtab prompts me to enter the PIN #, but it flashes sooooo fast and disappears before I can actually read it. Any ideas?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Try typing a pin any way if possible and see what happens. Usually pin is either 0000 or 1234.

dotslash

Mar 15, 2012
I don't know if this will help anyone or not... Here's something I couldn't do before the update..

Could not connect to ADHOC iPhone using MyWi or PDAnet. Could not pair fully over bluetooth...

After update:

I am now running with 1mbdown/.15up over bluetooth! Adhoc still not working :<

The good news is that anyone who was irritated over not being able to iphone tether can now do so! I know some users were able to do this before with PDAnet and PDAnet Tablet across two android devices. Hope this information helps!

-D

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Tried rebooting and uninstalling still won't load wallpapers

I went through my settings in go launcher, there is nothing really that if you choose it, would take away from you the possibility to change your wallpaper. Did you try all three ways you have to upload a new wallpaper?
1- Tap and hold any iof your screens, choose wallpaper from the pop up and so on.. .
2- Open a wallpaper app, choose a pic and follow directions there to set up your chosen picture up as wallpaper.
3- go to your gallery, choose a pic, tap on menu, choose - set as wallpaper....
If nothing works, I would install another launcher and if you still can't upload a wallpaper with that launchet then I guess your problem has to do with the Tablet not the launcher.

Samsung Galaxy Note

popnowlin

Mar 15, 2012
I updated my vtab1008 yesterday and everything was fine. I use go launcher and the new android came right up with that as the default launcher. I had to reseat the SD card before the gallery app would let me take a screen shot, but other than that everything is working fine. I have the blue tooth logitech android keyboard, and it works great with this android. It now pairs and connects instead of just pairing. The changes in the way some things are displayed, in particular the tablet settings, will take some getting used to, but that's to be expected when you upgrade to a new version of the OS. I'm very happy with this upgrade.

mui

Nov 28, 2011
I don't know if this is new but I didn't notice it before the upgrade but tapping on the battery icon bring up a bunch of setting you can toggle and a way to get to setting without going to the home screen or app drawer.

Denisroot

Oct 5, 2011
Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum
I agree -- delighted with responsiveness of Honeycomb update, and agree its just like having a new tablet (its as good as my sons ipad!).

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The changes in the way some things are displayed, in particular the tablet settings, will take some getting used to, but that's to be expected when you upgrade to a new version of the OS. I'm very happy with this upgrade.

The funny thing is this is how Android normally displays the settings. It is only Vizio's skinning before that got you use to something different.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I don't know if this is new but I didn't notice it before the upgrade but tapping on the battery icon bring up a bunch of setting you can toggle and a way to get to setting without going to the home screen or app drawer.

I think this is also a standard feature of Honeycomb (usually touching the clock/notification bar).

Luckygoof

Nov 13, 2011
Included with the HC update is a "welcome to honeycomb" video in your user manual. It mostly applies to those who will be using the stock vizio homepage instead of a launcher.

Zina_berry

Dec 5, 2011
Luckygoof said:
Included with the HC update is a "welcome to honeycomb" video in your user manual. It mostly applies to those who will be using the stock vizio homepage instead of a launcher.

Thank you! I looked and looked for this yesterday. However, l had already figured lots out.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet