3.2 update = Mid September

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
So, how do you know which one to download?

In regards to the update, what is the likelihood of being missed? I'm not going to worry about it too much until the times comes when I should have got it.

I would think 1 million + units will take time.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
If one of you idiots comes out and tells me to stop complaining because "Acer is the best" and "they just want to make sure it works, do you want a broken product?", I am going to rip your head off and take a steaming crap down your neck.

Instead of venting your spleen at us why not take that bravado over to Acer at this page Contact Us .
Call them up, thump your chest, scream and holler. Maybe they will send you a special update.

Contacts

Acer America (USA only)
Acer America Corporation
333 West San Carlos Street
Suite 1500
San Jose, CA 95110
(408) 533-7700 – Phone
(408) 533-4555 – Fax
(408) 533-4574 – Sales Fax

leemstradamus

Sep 5, 2011
@svchost, watch out if you say anything about acer and their faliure to bring out there update which sony has already done on a device just released they will collectively pull out there internet soap box.

@ObsidianBlk what are you babbling about, go find all of my acer bashing post. All I said is this is ridiculous and they need to get their stuff together and get the update out. I never compaired android to PC, I said I can't see my sd card from my pc on my a500. Furthermore I know the this tech is new, I have been an early adobter for over a decade with a pile of failed tech in my garage to prove it. My concern isn't the lack of software at this time but the bugs that are advertised as not being their. That is android in general. You can't advertise things on you packaging and in commercials and then when the consumer gets home they find that they don't work at all.

In general I disagree with the lets get going on ice cream sandwich. I stand by my statement, fix the underlining problems and then move on to new features.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
So first it was August 25, then September 10, then Mid-Late September, now its late September-Early October.
Actually August 25th was not the first date.
They were suppose to release it earlier and said it would be delayed to Aug. 25th because of some policy with Google.
Now they keep coming up with new excuses.
But from the posts I've seen many who are getting the update notices are having failed updates.
So there is probably still some problem with it.
I'm not in any real need for the update but do understand your frustration.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
OK, that makes sense.
Here's another question that has never gotten answered clearly, after I get the 3.2 update, does 3.2 become the "Factory Reset"? Meaning if I do a factory reset, does it reset to 3.1 or 3.2?
If reset is 3.1, is there a way to "re-update" to 3.2 or do I need to wait until someone figures out how to root 3.2 and then follow the instructions to back it up?
Thanks

leemstradamus

Sep 5, 2011
OK, that makes sense.
Here's another question that has never gotten answered clearly, after I get the 3.2 update, does 3.2 become the "Factory Reset"? Meaning if I do a factory reset, does it reset to 3.1 or 3.2?
If reset is 3.1, is there a way to "re-update" to 3.2 or do I need to wait until someone figures out how to root 3.2 and then follow the instructions to back it up?
Thanks

From everything that I have seen you can't go back to 3.1 after you update to 3.2, which I guess is the new factory reset.

I am really wanting this new update since my screen keeps popping on randomly at times with wifi on or off. It drains the power for no reason and since I can't access it while driving (I drive bus for city metro system) I can't tell when it is on. All I get is extra drained battery at layover. I hope 3.2 address this bug.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I would start by reading This
]

Bear in mind that entire thread seems to be Australia or Canada specific.

Most USA tablets are on ACER_A500_4.010.13_COM_GEN2 and the solution posted there
will NOT work till you install a non USA version first and THEN try.

This may not be in your best interest, until we find out if the rom they posted will work in the States
with no ramifications.

tr5000

Jun 9, 2011
So does anyone even know what is in the 3.2 update? If so, can you most an 'estimated' list or a link to a list of what is in the update?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
So does anyone even know what is in the 3.2 update? If so, can you most an 'estimated' list or a link to a list of what is in the update?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Some bug fixes and speed ups.
Some report it fixes the few remaining wifi bugs, others insist it does not.
The most significant new thing is better handling of apps designed for small screen, (allows zooming them bigger, which is a mixed blessing if you ask me).

So its nothing to get your jock strap twisted for.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
It has also been reported that you can see the external sd contents from Windows in 3.2.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

With a fast WIFI, I have no reason to ever hook my tablet to my PC.

I've broken all those Apple habits a long time ago.

2000roadie

Aug 12, 2011
As I have been traveling in & out of US over the past 2wks, has the update been released in US?

Last edited: