3.2 update = Mid September

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
]

Bear in mind that entire thread seems to be Australia or Canada specific.

Most USA tablets are on ACER_A500_4.010.13_COM_GEN2 and the solution posted there
will NOT work till you install a non USA version first and THEN try.

This may not be in your best interest, until we find out if the rom they posted will work in the States
with no ramifications.

I'm very aware of that. I was just trying to dodge
I am going to rip your head off and take a steaming crap down your neck.

SoHaunted

Sep 22, 2011
@tr5000

one of the more noticable imorovements is hd video playback has improved as well as being able to see a bigger variety of external hard drives etc.

the rest are minir bug fixes.

Mikeebikee

Sep 17, 2011
I have found since the update my tablet seems to run slower. when i type te screen cant keep up with my one finger typing. lots of downloads fail. i cant open google earth or a lot of other downloaded apps and games. Also my wifi connection keeps timing out

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2011
I found the system response to be approximately the same as in 3.1. Wifi, while it has not collapsed, it appears to be have done nothing to improve on the 3.1 situation. My tab was able to read a NTFS external drive, which took me by surprise, but I have not yet tested it on any other NTFS external drive. That's about it.

retief

Sep 22, 2011
Jeff, thanks a bunch for posting this, I'll just keep watching. My last query to them a couple of weeks ago elicited a big "Duh" ...... so this is real progress indeed.

I am looking for the added USB support that I have seen listed to date.

You can throw this into the "take it for what it's worth"
Jeff.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Sigh...

Read the thread before posting please.

Its rolling out so some places sooner than others. You can check 100 times a day and it won't hurry it along.
It will come when your serial number pops up in the queue, and there's nothing anyone can do to make it
happen sooner unless you sideload it which may or may not work for you.

deedub

Jul 4, 2011
Virginia got it starting last week, supposedly. Nothing here in Chicago yet.

Nothing "supposedly" about it, the update is hitting the states. I think I was the first who posted the update was out in the US, and I happen to reside in Virginia, but really the state you live in has little to do with who is getting the update first.

It is being released by unit serial number. I think I got it first because I bought mine May 5th, from the first batch my local Best Buy recieved.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Nothing "supposedly" about it, the update is hitting the states. I think I was the first who posted the update was out in the US, and I happen to reside in Virginia, but really the state you live in has little to do with who is getting the update first.

It is being released by unit serial number. I think I got it first because I bought mine May 5th, from the first batch my local Best Buy recieved.

I didn't want to be accused of propagating "rumors" ;-)
If going be serial number, I need to get off my bum and double check that mine is still registered. I got mine at the end of July and have had to re-register it twice. According to Acer, they were having "issues" with their database. However, I did notice that my warranty is 7 weeks shorts. It makes me think that the unit was returned and not reset properly.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Icebike had reported that he thought the update was by serial number also and then changed his belief because people who reported updates who had bought their units months later.
I do believe Acer said updates would be by regions.
So believing someone who says how updates are handled needs to post proof or it is unreliable information.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
so,if going by region, then the midwest should be soon if they started on the east coast. either way, it's coming.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
no scubaboy, there is no pattern to the updates. It could be weeks away for some. I'm in the East and got nothing yet.

Last edited: