Bluetooth Keyboard and S7 - Paired and Receiving Keypresses but No Apps See Them

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Have a menotek flex BT keyboard hooked up to the S7 - paired, connected, and receiving audible "click" confirmation that keypresses are being received. Setup Blueinput as a keyboard option in Settings but no text apps are seeing the BT keyboard for input. Any hints from those who have successfully used this combination? pbraurer? Thanks.

cchampion27

Dec 28, 2010
I use Bluekeyboard JP with my keyboard and it works in all my apps with text fields. It's a little confusing at first but it ended up working for me. Below is a video of someone using that app.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I use Bluekeyboard JP with my keyboard and it works in all my apps with text fields. It's a little confusing at first but it ended up working for me. Below is a video of someone using that app.

Hope that helps.

Finally got the time to view the clip you posted and it definitely clued me in to what I was doing wrong. I had selected my android BT keyboard app (a different one than the one you use - called BlueInput) in the tabs settings menu, but did not know that I have to also have to select it when I first select a text field to input (by holding down and pausing on the text input dialog box until the menu selection comes up). That was the key and now am typing away happily on my menotek roll-up, weatherproof external BT keyboard. In fact, using it to type this post. So, many thanks for posting that clip!

Sent from my Ideos S7

Last edited by a moderator:

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
can we use usb keyboard ????

From what I can tell, the usb port on the Huawei cannot host a usb peripheral, so the answer is probably no. If we ever get a compatible docking station, then the answer might change.

Sent from my Ideos S7