[CFW] GingerLF EVO - Custom GingerBread Android 2.3 for MID1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Thanks lfom, I did not replace the internal card, still a 4GB card as I don;t dare open the tablet since it is still covered by warranty. Would you think a reflash is needed?

Dunno, I know that these lockups while using the tablet are very rare with mine, but the first unit I got had the same problem and it turned out to be defective...

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
I have never had these lockup/freeze problems using mine. Have you replaced your internal card by one above 8GB by any means? If so, this can be the source of the lockups. Mines has a 8GB Class10 microSD now and works fine. These problems with WiFi are well known and happens in very ROM for any Kyros. One way to prevent or at least improve it is setting "WiFi Sleep Policy" to Never, i.e. WiFi will remain always on. If you wanna save battery, then I suggest that you use AirPlane mode.

It seems to be an Android problem in general at leas in Froyo and 2.3. Wifi to never should address the suspen/sleep lockup as well. I have run a 32GB and 16GB with this with no issues. Great ROM.

Thanks lfom, I did not replace the internal card, still a 4GB card as I don;t dare open the tablet since it is still covered by warranty. Would you think a reflash is needed? I'll also follow your suggestion to set WiFi Sleep policy to NEVER.

Anyway, this EVO 1.5 was a far cry from the stock FW. It rocks! I have Market and can install a lot more apps. I can do almost anything with it now compared to the stock FW. This CFW did a lot and I now use my TAB more frequently compared to when it still was in stock FW condition.

Also look for a widget CurveFish Wifi on and off. just a simple widget that creates a switch on your homescreen to click WiFi on and off. Easy way to turn it off when not in use. If these suggestions don;t fix it a reflash may be in order.

brunori

Jan 19, 2012
It seems to be an Android problem in general at leas in Froyo and 2.3. Wifi to never should address the suspen/sleep lockup as well. I have run a 32GB and 16GB with this with no issues. Great ROM.
Also look for a widget CurveFish Wifi on and off. just a simple widget that creates a switch on your homescreen to click WiFi on and off. Easy way to turn it off when not in use. If these suggestions don;t fix it a reflash may be in order.

After lots of testing, including chaging WiFi inactivity to never and then back to "when screen is disabled", and reflashing, I have noted that WiFi consumes all the battery even with the screen of (standy mode). When I turn WiFi off before standby, all seams to be ok, even after 24 hours, the batery remains ok.

hctablet1024

Dec 20, 2011
-often "locks-up/hang" when I leave it on standby overnight or for extended periods of time
-sometimes screen has a feel of lag when you swipe

Ramlib, I was having lockups on my tablet for a couple releases. However, I noticed they went away when I stopped using other launchers. The default launcher hasn't locked up on me. The Go launcher locked up often so I haven't tried it again since v1.5.

I also had battery drain problems since release 1.3 but it got resolved by configuring the wifi settings and also running juice defender in normal mode.

Last edited:

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
Ramlib, I was having lockups on my tablet for a couple releases. However, I noticed they went away when I stopped using other launchers. The default launcher hasn't locked up on me. The Go launcher locked up often so I haven't tried it again since v1.5.

I also had battery drain problems since release 1.3 but it got resolved by configuring the wifi settings and also running juice defender in normal mode.

EUREKA! I forgot to mention I installed GO Launcher. I removed it and voila...no more lock-ups! I also installed extended controls to control Wi-Fi on /off.

Sorry lfom for the trouble....turns to be a fault in GO Launcher (as far as I can see).

brunori

Jan 19, 2012

What kind of wifi configuration do you mean?
I already tried changing wifi sleep to "when connected" and "When screen is blank (dont know the name in english).
Thx in advance.

hctablet1024

Dec 20, 2011
What kind of wifi configuration do you mean?
I already tried changing wifi sleep to "when connected" and "When screen is blank (dont know the name in english).
Thx in advance.

I went to WiFi Settings -> advanced, when screed is blank...etc as you mentioned. At about the same time, I also installed juice defender to shut off the wifi when my screen goes blank. I'm not sure which one fixed the problem but one of them did.

brunori

Jan 19, 2012
I went to WiFi Settings -> advanced, when screed is blank...etc as you mentioned. At about the same time, I also installed juice defender to shut off the wifi when my screen goes blank. I'm not sure which one fixed the problem but one of them did.

As I tested many configurations before, and after juice defender the problem disapers, I conclude that juice made all the magic.

romaragregado

Feb 11, 2012
is this gonna work with Coby Kyros 8024? Coz i can see that this post only mentioned 1024, not a 8024. I wanna switch to this CFW because I am having a problem with the Market and accessing Youtube (on the browser) using my Nefarious Bread CFW.

anthony89110

Feb 12, 2012
Hello, first of all thank you all forthe good work.
I wonder if the version gingerLFEVO is compatible with MEMUPslidepad101 (this is an exact copy of MID1024)? Iwould also like to know if there is the possibility of custom rom in French?

And ifI understood it to decrompression on the micro sd card and then start the tablet pressing the"HOME"at the sameasthe"POWER" button

Thank you for responding quickly and apologize for the translation of google translation.

Last edited: