CyanogenMod Discussion [ROMS] [Kernels] [Versions]

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
No luck. I'm pretty much starting from scratch. Once I have everything configured again I'll do a new TB.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Woo Hoo! Ice Cream Sandwich source code is finally available. Wonder how long before the CM gang will run with this.

Ice Cream Sandwich source code released, sync pending go-ahead from AOSP -- Engadget

I know, it's great isn't it? http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook/26332-ice-cream-sandwich-now-live.html

Based on past releases it should be about 3-4 months before something fairly stable is available as CM9. Nightlies will be available very soon though.

:D JP

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
My Nook is still going dark. The only way I can bring it back is by holding the power button down for 15 seconds and then pressing it again. I just did that and the battery is at 70%. I have no idea why it's doing this.

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
pjo, what version of CM7 are you running? Earlier builds had deep sleep issues. Maybe you are using a power management app or something like that telling CM7 to go into deep sleep that isn't supported. This is just an example/guess since more info is needed. Please let us know if you are using any power manager or task killer apps and what version of CM7 you are using.

If you are not using 7.1.0 stable then it is worth it to do a clean install of this since you are having some issues anyway and the latest stable is quite an improvement over previous versions.

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
When I look up the version in Settings it says 7.1.0-Encore.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Make your backups and try a fresh install. See if this seems to work ok before restoring your apps. When you do go to restore your apps you might want to leave out any apps that might be causing the problem and then add then one by one to see if you can find a culprit. Live wallpapers, battery monitors, task killers and the like come to mind.

The fresh CM7 install may fix the problem on its own. If not hopefully this will help figure out what is causing the problem.

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
Make your backups and try a fresh install. See if this seems to work ok before restoring your apps. When you do go to restore your apps you might want to leave out any apps that might be causing the problem and then add then one by one to see if you can find a culprit. Live wallpapers, battery monitors, task killers and the like come to mind.

The fresh CM7 install may fix the problem on its own. If not hopefully this will help figure out what is causing the problem.

I'll give it a try. I already did a fresh install but that didn't work. I'll try leaving out some apps. I don't use any live wallpapers or task killers. I have one battery widget I've been using for months with no issues.

Thanks for the suggestions.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'll give it a try. I already did a fresh install but that didn't work. I'll try leaving out some apps. I don't use any live wallpapers or task killers. I have one battery widget I've been using for months with no issues.

Thanks for the suggestions.

The only other thing I can think of is that it could be a hardware issue if nothing else cures it. In that case it sounds like a return would be in order after returning it to stock.

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
My Nook is still going dark. The only way I can bring it back is by holding the power button down for 15 seconds and then pressing it again. I just did that and the battery is at 70%. I have no idea why it's doing this.

Does this only happen when you leave the Nook running when not in use? If so, my initial suggestion is to turn off wifi when not in use. In fact, I have mine set with wifi always off and I only turn it on when I actually need it. I believe there is still a bug that causes a problem when the Nook tries to go into deep sleep if wifi is still on.

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
I do always leave wi-fi on. I'll give that a try next. Right now I'm testing to see if it makes a difference if I turn off the screen vs. allowing it to time out.

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
In the past 24 hours I have not allowed the screen to time out, and I have not had any issues. Tomorrow I'll turn wifi off and allow the screen to time out.