DG2.20 installed from SD card

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
Does this process Address these issues? if so I am in for the Update.

By default it starts with manual rotation, but in settings you can chnage it to automatic and it works. However, it worked on mine before this update too...

I don't have a mini HDMI cable to test right now...so hopefully someone else can.

It does seem to "sleep" better than before, more than just the screen turning partially off. I had it sitting on my desk for over 3 hours, inactive, and it only drained the bettery 15%. That may sem like a lot to someone with an android phone, but for this tablet it's not too bad!

I'll put it to the test playing a movie later on. Like cfrockit, I'm leaving everything "stock" right now and not deleting system apps like previously was done.

Tonight perhaps I will have time to start looking at getting market on it...but I really had abandoned the google market in favor of amazon since it worked without all the extra hacking. We'll see. I may try to rip the vending.apk form a Droid X running 2.2 and see where that goes...

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
I guess I will wait till you guys got it all perfected :) You have been doing an amazing job :cool:

petedude

Mar 9, 2011
A couple active SYTABEX7 Owners have the information to attempt an update. Awaiting responses that it works and then their experience will be included in a "How To".

petedude - If you have a SYTABEX7 (no HDMI port) can you confirm your "hwver"?

I have the EX7, but have not rooted it yet so I might not be able to get that info. After having some success side-loading apps the last few days I'm actually inclined to "let sleeping dogs lie"-- I have some things to do the next couple months I need to keep the tablet intact for, and don't want to risk trashing it. Now that the apps are in place (mainly E-readers), I have less of a pressing need to root/update but I will be keeping an eye on this/related threads.

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
i havent yet. it says its installed. and if I try to re install it it says it will replace the current one. so it's there...
but the stock browser doesn't use it as far as i can tell. I always see the you need to download adob... blah
I use SkyFire 3.0 it will play videos on some sites. and the youtube app works well for youtube.

jazmateta

Apr 6, 2011
Okay Guys, I've got one of these from CVS and want to tweak it. I got this cause I need to learn more about Android, I am a bit of a PC/Windows geek, am familiar with Linux/Unix and my office is looking at change, so I need to be ahead of the game.
But I am confused. The box says that it is the Express version, the case says that it is the Express version - no HDMI port, but the About Device says:
Model Number SYNET7LP
Firmware version DG2.01
Kernael version 2.6.32.9 zhouli@judy-pc #31
So what do I really have? The NET7 or the EX7 version?
I've not rooted it so don't know the hwvr yet. Still looking for info on rooting - can someone point me to the basics?
Thanks,
Jazmateta

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
Because yours has the same specs as my EX7 that I got @ CVS I am gonna say that you have the EX7. Look at the UPC code on the back of the box.

mattglad

Mar 24, 2011
2.2 on ex7 installed using the otg port and a compatible data cable to a windows xp sp3 system. using terminal emulator i found the hwver to be the 11.2.1.5 on mine. burn completed and installed the new version on my device. Overall, the system works, but i am experiencing problems with writing to the sdcard (copy paste from thumb drive). i get an error message on any attempt. am able to install apps and when i use the screenshot tool, it writes to the sd without a hitch. i'm at a loss right now. the os seems snappier, and battery life does seem improved, but i guess all these bugs are the reason that the .ius file is titled "beta"

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
i am experiencing problems with writing to the sdcard (copy paste from thumb drive). i get an error message on any attempt. am able to install apps and when i use the screenshot tool, it writes to the sd without a hitch.

I have the same problem. I use File Expert 3.0.2 from xageek . com It dosn't have the problem with the SD and it can be used WIFI on an FTP server.

mattglad

Mar 24, 2011
yeah i got the estrong file explorer, it did the trick to work around the garbage "my tab" app. the network share option makes it even better, i can just rip dvds to a shared folder and copy paste em right to the sd. i guess the budget price goes up with having to do a little extra work for the things you want.

jazmateta

Apr 6, 2011
Quick question. I was attempting to use the terminal emulator on my unit when the power cord got caught under my laptop and pulled the unit out of my hand. Now the lcd screen is cracked on the lower right hand side. Everything still works with the exception of the android keyboard - it is freaking out and selecting almost anything but what I want. Apps and such, you just select to the side and they are opening. Does anyone know if the separate keyboards that they sell for the epad/apad on ebay would work with this one? I think that it is not returnable since it was my hands that didn't hold onto the thing. Although it should be able to handle a 4" drop straight down. Looking forward to still working on this little baby. Have found some apps that allow me to do things from the laptop. Or can the usb cable be attached to the laptop and the unit and then I could control it from that keyboard?
Thanks,
Jazmatata

fatmanwalking

Mar 26, 2011
Quick question. Does anyone know if the separate keyboards that they sell for the epad/apad on ebay would work with this one?
Thanks,
Jazmatata

I actually bought a keyboard/case for an epad via ebay as it was only $16 for the "buy it now" price. Took around three weeks to arrive. The epad uses a kind of dongle that attaches to the side of it for USB 1.1/2.0 large type connectors and Ethernet connections from what I can see from the photos. You will have to use the adapter cable that came with your Sylvania to connect things up.

It works and I use mine to set up browser links rather than fight the Android keyboard. Of course not all of the keys work, but it is nice to have things like arrow keys.

The case is designed to snap the epad in place. The epad is physically larger than my EX7, so I'll be attaching it to the case with velcro.

Hope this helps.

jazmateta

Apr 6, 2011
Thanks for the confirmation that they will work. I was hoping that the dongle that came with the unit would work with it. Found one that ships from CA for $20 total, so that gets ordered tomorrow (buy it now). The android keyboard is all wonky now that it has the crack in the screen. But most everything seems to be working otherwise. I guess that means that this one has de facto become my one for testing the upgrade. I have two rainchecks for this unit and haven't decided if i want to get another one or get a different one that I have recently found that already has 2.2 on it and the price is reasonable and they say that it has the android market on it and supports flash 10.1. Decisions, decisions. Different android tablet or a new sewing machine - need both.
Thanks, Jazmateta

Marbieskarb

Feb 2, 2011
Now I have a question regarding the update to 2.2 Froyo on the express model EX7. After the update is the rotation sensor working?

Sent from my A7-040 using Tapatalk