DISCUSSION - Development Index and Root Utility

ChuckDaddy

Mar 24, 2016
OK. Thanks for the links to the tools. My head started swimming when I was trying to figure everything out. Long story short, I was able to get the tablet up and running with Livesuit using a Livesuit 9742 image. I did not modify it but everything seemed to work except the camera. I then tried the Mobiz ROM but could not get it to boot so I restored the Livesuit image and it booted back up. Since then I have restored to my factory image using Vampirefo.'s instructions and camera is back working again. Backed this up with CWM and am feeling good that I have an easy to restore backup now. Question on your suggestion to modify the Mobiz ROM with my binaries. Are the binaries in bin folder of the system folder? Do I just replace those with my stock image bin folder and then try to restore? Thanks again.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The binaries in question are in /system/lib. Extract the Mobiz ROM from the Mobiz zip. Copy the files in /system/lib from your dump over to the Mobiz ROM, then create a new Mobiz zip file. Install and enjoy.

P.S. Copying the libs was what I needed to do to get Mobiz working properly on my 9742.