Froyo Audio Equalizer on QSD8250 vmsplit2G

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Will something like this help get our 2.2 s7's back to how our volume and mic used to work in 2.1?

Sent from my IDEOS S7

Limey

Mar 15, 2011
Yes it should, from what I've read you can increase the dB level. There is or was a disclaimer stating you can damage the speakers. There are settings for bluetooth, headphones and speakers.

Sent from my IDEOS S7

Limey

Mar 15, 2011
OK installed and working without a problem.
Bluetooth seems clearer.
Speakers are louder, I'm not sure its a big increase but its there.
Headphones are like WOW!!! Bass is deep, highs are nice. Big difference. I have the volume at about 50% anymore and its to loud and starts to distort at about 80-90%

Last edited:

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Did you just install the apk........ Or did you extract the whole zip to a directory then run the apk?

thx

Sent from my IDEOS S7

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
OK, I would like to increase the phone volume also.
I am quite new, and want to make sure I install it right.
I downloaded it, and there are multiple directories in the zip file.
What do I need to do to install it?

Thanks in advance!

Peace,
Dave

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
ok , so i unzipped and got a DSPManager folder...... then i just copied the whole folder to my Internal SDcard.

Open root explorer and navigate to your SDcard > DSPManager folder > System > App

and click the APK and install it.

Installed fine, can see the 3 settings for Headset / Phone Speaker / Bluetooth

havn't enabled anything yet so will mess with it later

I have also downloaded AudioBooster 2.4 , it has an option for your Mic to boost it , will mess with that later too...... I tried AB 2.0 but when i hit mic enable then exit and come back it was disabled. There is an option to QUIT and leave it running in backgroud as a service, but i still didnt notice any louder mic recording. Maybe 2.4 will be better...

Dec 5, 2010
I installed this via recovery and I notice the difference instantly. Clear sound and a more true stereo sound.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Limey

Mar 15, 2011
I installed it using recovery, easiest way. Love the sound that comes out of the headphones now.

Sent from my IDEOS S7

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
@Dammit...... just verified those three files installed to system /lib

might mess with it some more.

Did install audioboost 2. 4 and can enable mic and speakers setting. After reboot buttons are still enabled.......... Versio 2. 0 or 2. 2 wasn't retaining settings.

Still don't notice big improvement as far as mic recordings being louder.

Sent from my IDEOS S7