Market on 2.2 Sylvania/Disco - Work In Progress

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
So, can someone clarify if Paid apps show up? Has anyone gotten this working??
I rooted and go the market and I only see Free apps. But, some searches I am doing for free apps such as xscope brower or adobe flash come back with nothing. On my phone they come up in the app store. So, even free apps aren't appearing properly. I find it very odd that a search on my phone shows 21 hits only shows 7 on the tablet. Strange!

Not strange, but expected based on how Android Market checks to see if the device is compatible with the applications before presenting the list. Each device has a "finger print" defined in the build.prop.

Code:
ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF91/43546:user/release-keys

This unique string is used by Android Market to determine if the application will run/displayed properly on the device. You phone's finger print is different than the one on the tablet and thus as Android Market has determined that only Honeycomb will properly display applications on a tablet you will receive less results.

Email explaining why Android Market doesn’t work: on the Flytouch (another infoTMIC 10" tablet).

User's have attempted to modify the build.prop to copy/clone certain phones in order to increase the results but in some cases have made the table non working.

Based on the comments on other sites supporting infoTMIC and other devices, PAID applications are not showing on their tablets either.

Last edited:

damianinpa

Jun 29, 2011
Not strange, but expected based on how Android Market checks to see if the device is compatible with the applications before presenting the list. Each device has a "finger print" defined in the build.prop.

Code:
ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF91/43546:user/release-keys

This unique string is used by Android Market to determine if the application will run/displayed properly on the device. You phone's finger print is different than the one on the tablet and thus as Android Market has determined that only Honeycomb will properly display applications on a tablet you will receive less results.

Email explaining why Android Market doesn’t work: on the Flytouch (another infoTMIC 10" tablet).

User's have attempted to modify the build.prop to copy/clone certain phones in order to increase the results but in some cases have made the table non working.

Based on the comments on other sites supporting infoTMIC and other devices, PAID applications are not showing on their tablets either.

Is Honeycomb available yet for the 10" Sylvania??? I assume someone is working on a Rom.

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
I installed the NEW market yesterday (beta) and if worked on my stocked 2.2 rom out of the box so to speak. It is showing paid AND freed apps. It is NOT showing everything in market at the moment. Will have to wait until it becomes "official" to be sure it continues to work. Just so ya' all know :)

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
I installed the NEW market yesterday (beta) and if worked on my stocked 2.2 rom out of the box so to speak. It is showing paid AND freed apps. It is NOT showing everything in market at the moment. Will have to wait until it becomes "official" to be sure it continues to work. Just so ya' all know :)

Paid applications that you have purchased, or ones that you have not bought?

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
Worked first time out of the box. I downloaded it, installed it, and it worked. Free and Paid apps showing. I like the new look.

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
Actually, not reading is the very reason I asked. We have to at least twice a page in this topic that it is only showing the paid apps previously purchased. However, this appears to have changed.[/QUOTE

Just TEASING you guys, didn't you see my happy face with tongue sticking out??? repeating, :p

Gustavolis

Jul 29, 2011
I've just picket up my disgo Tablet 7900 and wanted to install Android Market. I came across this topic and tried installing the apk which gjbnh posted. I also can run Android Market now and see free and paid apps.

However, I cannot go to market.android.com and install via the website, because there isn't any device linked... Some applications I can only find on the website of the Android Market and not in de Android Maket app itself... Any solutions for that?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I've just picket up my disgo Tablet 7900 and wanted to install Android Market. I came across this topic and tried installing the apk which gjbnh posted. I also can run Android Market now and see free and paid apps.

However, I cannot go to market.android.com and install via the website, because there isn't any device linked... Some applications I can only find on the website of the Android Market and not in de Android Maket app itself... Any solutions for that?

Welcome! Did you add Gmail to the main applications screen described in the First post of this thread? Once that is done login to Gmail then you should be able to link it to the Market account.

Sent from my p7901ui using Android Tablet Forum

Gustavolis

Jul 29, 2011
Welcome! Did you add Gmail to the main applications screen described in the First post of this thread? Once that is done login to Gmail then you should be able to link it to the Market account.

Sent from my p7901ui using Android Tablet Forum

Yes, I did add Gmail to the main applications screen, however I could just add it, because it wasn't installed. So I first installed the Gmail app with an .apk I found on the internet.

I also should mention that I already set up my mailaccount in the mail application that came with the disgo. I repeated it in the Gmail app after installing it.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Yes, I did add Gmail to the main applications screen, however I could just add it, because it wasn't installed. So I first installed the Gmail app with an .apk I found on the internet.

I also should mention that I already set up my mailaccount in the mail application that came with the disgo. I repeated it in the Gmail app after installing it.
Gustavolis, interesting that Disgo failed to pre-install the Gmail application. It would be interesting to understand what else is different. The installed Disgo mail application would have no bearing on the linkage of accounts. The approach has been to set up Gmail and then enable Market using a pseudo phone account, however with this newer version Market application those workarounds haven't been needed since most of the issues seemed to be resolved. I'm not aware of an approach to enable any of these infoTM powered tablets to be set as devices on the market.android.com website. Just to be sure I checked mine and receive the same message.

My Devices Don't see your device?›

There are no Android devices associated with this account.
However, viewing My Library - Android Market is every application I ever tried or is still installed. It may be a function of our previous methods to obtain Market access that I have this hold over, where anyone starting fresh with just the new Market application may not be able to link accounts to the tablet.

On my second account I do have a device but it was the result of a modification of the build.prop. This approach was abandoned since many users were causing irreparable damage (bricking) their tablets by making incorrect or incomplete changes.

The Android Market only recognizes the tablet as an "Unknown LogicPD Zoom2" which prevents it from accessing many apps. We found an easy way to get apps on the device. Just email them to a Gmail account and download and install it through the tablet.

Use this knowledge with CAUTION - Android Market Fingerprints Demystified and Email explaining why Android Market doesn’t work on some tablets.

Last edited: