new update today ???

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Saw this on another board .. Anyone know anything about this ??

"Software up date to version 1.1.0 happens today @ 3pm.
It is NOT android 2.2 update or the app market "

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Nice, thanks for the post. Guys at xda says pinch zoom added for stock browser so far.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
So what does this mean for all stuff I've added to my NC?

Means nothing to all your apps other items you've added so far. The update will most likely break the root your have on your NC and you will probably just need to re-root.

Update:

NOOKcolor 1.1.0 update was just released on B&n site
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nookcolor-support-software-update/379002520/?cds2Pid=35758

Details:
* Improved performance of Wi-Fi connectivity, Home and Shop.
* Ability to pinch and zoom in browser.
* Enhanced reading experience for magazines and children's books.
* Access helpful NOOKcolor related information and support tips on the new default browser home page.
* Reduce mistyped passwords with "show password" option during registration and Wi-Fi set up.
* Easily identify NOOK kids Read To Me™ books with a new text banner next to the titles in Shop.
* General bug fixes and performance improvements.

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
Hi I have never updated my rooted nook color. Is there a 'how to' thread I need to use?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Means nothing to all your apps other items you've added so far. The update will most likely break the root your have on your NC and you will probably just need to re-root.

Update:

NOOKcolor 1.1.0 update was just released on B&n site
Software Updates - Barnes & Noble

Details:
* Improved performance of Wi-Fi connectivity, Home and Shop.
* Ability to pinch and zoom in browser.
* Enhanced reading experience for magazines and children's books.
* Access helpful NOOKcolor related information and support tips on the new default browser home page.
* Reduce mistyped passwords with "show password" option during registration and Wi-Fi set up.
* Easily identify NOOK kids Read To Me™ books with a new text banner next to the titles in Shop.
* General bug fixes and performance improvements.

So how does one re-root? I did the renaming otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip.bak thing.. Will that keep my NC for auto-updating?

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
looks like it is gone again... someone said it was pulled off the site.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hi I have never updated my rooted nook color. Is there a 'how to' thread I need to use?

Not needed for b&n updates. You will automatically get the update over wifi unless you decide you want to block it. Or you can manually download the update and install from your pc. See "helpful link" thread if you wish to block updates.

So how does one re-root? I did the renaming otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip.bak thing.. Will that keep my NC for auto-updating?

You re-root like you did the first time you rooted. :) See above for your second question.

looks like it is gone again... someone said it was pulled off the site.

It's back up now.

I'm downloading the 1.1 update now and will install.

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Is there anyway I can prevent the wifi push ? I have too much stuff on my SD card now and dont' want to have to re-root ??

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Is there anyway I can prevent the wifi push ? I have too much stuff on my SD card now and dont' want to have to re-root ??

You can block updates, click on "useful links and rooting info" in Rico's signature.

Rico let us know how you make out with the update. Doesn't Clockwork Recovery block updates?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
You can block updates, click on "useful links and rooting info" in Rico's signature.

Rico let us know how you make out with the update. Doesn't Clockwork Recovery block updates?

Yea, so far CWR is preventing me from manually installing the update. Still working on it....

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Last time I got notified about the update and I got automatiallly but I wasn't rooted yet....
today I didn't get any update....hopefully I don't so I don’t have yo root again
gloria

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Last time I got notified about the update and I got automatiallly but I wasn't rooted yet....
today I didn't get any update....hopefully I don't so I don’t have yo root again
gloria

If you have clockwork recovery installed it will prolly block the update.

sent from my rooted nook color