Official 2.2 Release for S7 from Huawei - Update? Status = 'Released in Indonesia'

Status
Not open for further replies.

mecha2012

Feb 7, 2011
If some who has the updated 2.2.2 original on their tablet, all we would need is to use the df command to see the partition froyo has mapped the radio partition then we would use the dd command to dump the img to their sdcard and someone good at making a flashable zip would distributed it.

Idk lol just trying to point smarter people in the right direction.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Think mbn contains baseband.

Bad things can happen if the wrong one is flashed I think...

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Think mbn contains baseband.

Bad things can happen if the wrong one is flashed I think...

yes i think you right.

i posted yesterday.
i tried to repair the rar file, i got better then dublea i think because i can recover 99% of files, i have UPDATA.APP about 191MB which is missing about 4MB.

but i can unpack UPDATA.APP, all .img and .mbn files is there. i was hoping the missing parts is in SYSTEM.IMG, so i did unyaffs of SYSTEM.IMG and compared with my dump, but SYTEM.img look likes fine. so the missing 4 MB file could be anywhere else.

i dont know if joenilan still interest?

@joe, are you interest to see my file?

there is no update, not even any single post from odienas @indonesian forum, it could be 2-3 more days to ge complete file.

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
Note
It seams that a hard copy was send to another user by @odienas and we will be able to get the right file in a few hours(depends on the postal services in Indonesia)
I allso send an e-mail to the Indonesian service center asking for a download link)
Regards unpaking the corupted file posted by @odienas I did extract and studied everything and all what we have is many corrupted file like recovery,userdata,partition and some of the radio file.It is better to stop doing tests I did alot and I was close to break my tablet we just need to wait a few more ours or days.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Note
It seams that a hard copy was send to another user by @odienas and we will be able to get the right file in a few hours(depends on the postal services in Indonesia)
I allso send an e-mail to the Indonesian service center asking for a download link)
Regards unpaking the corupted file posted by @odienas I did extract and studied everything and all what we have is many corrupted file like recovery,userdata,partition and some of the radio file.It is better to stop doing tests I did alot and I was close to break my tablet we just need to wait a few more ours or days.

yes better wait the good file for a few more days.
but dont expect it will arrive in couple hours.
fyi, the postal route is bengkulu-jakarta-surabaya, expect it will be arrive in 2-3 days (if he is not using one day delivery service.)
i posted a request to send a copy too to me (i am jakarta), which could be save 1 day, but he did not read my post. :(

anyway, the file is on the way now.

majael

Nov 5, 2010
we all'v been cought up in this saga, i have no doubt, but no one have taken the time to explore the new update (i did not see one). So, i understand that Tri_zet has allready been upgraded, what can u tell us please about the new froyo, may be is not worth while to install froyo, for all that we know.
Thanks

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
we all'v been cought up in this saga, i have no doubt, but no one have taken the time to explore the new update (i did not see one). So, i understand that Tri_zet has allready been upgraded, what can u tell us please about the new froyo, may be is not worth while to install froyo, for all that we know.
Thanks

i didn't explore it too much yet. but this is what i feel/see in new firmware:
> better power management. i didn't feel warm at back panel when i leave it charge for whole night. when it is still eclair, i can feel warm/hot at back panel.
> i feel better battery life but i didn't test to connect internet/play game/watch movie to see how many hours battery life.
> default video player now support hardware acceleration, now i can play 720p movie cabac profile @4.0 with bitrate 2200kbps without additional player.

but the cons:
> now i have only 139MB of data partition. (with eclair i have 175 MB data partition with link2sd working, but i still need more space).

Apr 18, 2011
I'm excited for 2.2 for the s7. I've been just lurking around here since I got my tablet in January and decided to join today. It was hilarious to see the look on the best buy employee's face when I popped my sim card in, added the APN info, and was making calls on it right in the store. He then bought one. I always get asked about it and when we get the 2.2 upgrade it'll be even better and best buy won't be able to keep them in stock! I know they changed the sign's in the stores around here and took off the wifi only. It may have had something to do with me talking on mine while standing by the display and fooling around with the galaxy tabs (more like downloading the scrolling LED app and having it marquee "Buy the S7 tablet to my left...it's better with no contract!"

femmyade2001

Apr 17, 2011
I'm excited for 2.2 for the s7. I've been just lurking around here since I got my tablet in January and decided to join today. It was hilarious to see the look on the best buy employee's face when I popped my sim card in, added the APN info, and was making calls on it right in the store. He then bought one. I always get asked about it and when we get the 2.2 upgrade it'll be even better and best buy won't be able to keep them in stock! I know they changed the sign's in the stores around here and took off the wifi only. It may have had something to do with me talking on mine while standing by the display and fooling around with the galaxy tabs (more like downloading the scrolling LED app and having it marquee "Buy the S7 tablet to my left...it's better with no contract!"

Nice! I just picked mine up on Saturday, but the best buy employee actually advertised to me that you can pop your sim card in, and it's even unlocked. Perhaps they wisened up.

So far, I have tried a couple of ROMs including froyo, and development looks promising. Looks like I will be keeping this tab...

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Android Tablet Forum

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
yes i think you right.

i posted yesterday.
i tried to repair the rar file, i got better then dublea i think because i can recover 99% of files, i have UPDATA.APP about 191MB which is missing about 4MB.

but i can unpack UPDATA.APP, all .img and .mbn files is there. i was hoping the missing parts is in SYSTEM.IMG, so i did unyaffs of SYSTEM.IMG and compared with my dump, but SYTEM.img look likes fine. so the missing 4 MB file could be anywhere else.

i dont know if joenilan still interest?

@joe, are you interest to see my file?

there is no update, not even any single post from odienas @indonesian forum, it could be 2-3 more days to ge complete file.

hey tri_zet i think i've got the same exact thing you have, i got mine also extracted to 99%, i actually re-downloaded and got a new updata.app from dublea, extracted both and i can split the files all the way up until rexcovery.img and the system.img is fine.

now, xaueious, your right, i've been reading up all about them yesterday, and the .mbn files extracted fine,
and i'm willing to bet the baseband is file08.mbn, i was curious and downloaded a couple other radio's (radio.img) and they can be anywhere from say 3mb to 14mb (14mb on the desire hd i believe)

now the only thing that pulls up anything over a few mb are these files:
System.img - 159mb
File08.mbn - 15mb
Unknown_File.5 - 8mb

so that leads me to believe it's in File08.mbn, is it possible to get it from that file? or finding out for sure if it's there or not?

ALSO, i've compared both the 2.1 updata.app and the 2.2.2 updata.app and these 3 files are the same 3 that come up with around the same MB.
System.img - 143mb
File08.mbn - 14mb
Unknown_File.5 - 8mb

then of course, we have to worry about bricking if it's not the right file...
any thoughts?

edit: also if your trolling the android-indonesia forums like i am, there is another link to froyo on the russian forums, don't waste your time, it's the same exact thing you can get here from my beta, same problems, may boot on some of yours though if you couldn't get mine to boot.

Last edited:

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
The one I pulled was 99.66% of the file... as I stated it was missing 0.34% Something like 59.4Kb missing. Would be nice if the files were right. I think it may be faster for us to wait for the mail courier rout that they are looking at. Oden already mailed it off and the recipient, who has a better more stable connection, is then going to upload it. That's what I'm waiting on at least. That is unless you guys pull something together from what we've all pulled before then =P

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
The one I pulled was 99.66% of the file... as I stated it was missing 0.34% Something like 59.4Kb missing. Would be nice if the files were right. I think it may be faster for us to wait for the mail courier rout that they are looking at. Oden already mailed it off and the recipient, who has a better more stable connection, is then going to upload it. That's what I'm waiting on at least. That is unless you guys pull something together from what we've all pulled before then =P

my bad, i read it missing 3.4% :D

someone posted a good idea to patch the missing xxKB files by using torrent. by creating torrent he doesn't need to seed the whole part because we have 99% of it. he just need to seed the missing part and torrent will to patch the file.
it could possibly work, because it is something like we move our torrent file from one pc to others.

unfortunately odienas is not willing to reply to the forum :(

Status
Not open for further replies.