Official 2.2 Release for S7 from Huawei - Update? Status = 'Released in Indonesia'

Status
Not open for further replies.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Tell me what you think I'm on andrioid so its hard to type much but does this sound convincing feel free to suggest more

Hi my name is Brendon i recently moved to indonesia for a forgien exchange program . When I arrived my host family gave me a huawei ideos s7 for a gift. It is very good but is on 2.1 I'm tryin to update to 2.2 but won't let me I was reading that you can update by going to the service centers I talked to my host faimly and they can't drive me. I would reallly like this update so I was wondering if u could email me the file or a link to the update and. Walk me throuh the update I'm not very good with technology this my first android.
Thank you
-Brendon

Sent from my S7 using Android Tablet Forum

sounds alright, although im not sure as to what really sounds convincing. Just remember to re-write when your on a pc, check spelling and punctuation. Also, it would probably be more convincing calling, and even more convincing if you get somebody that actually lives in indonesia to try and get it emailed to them, but have it send it to our emails instead of theirs.

bobrien4975

Apr 19, 2011
K I will my home internet is down but ill stay after school for awhile

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
Tell me what you think I'm on andrioid so its hard to type much but does this sound convincing feel free to suggest more

Hi my name is Brendon i recently moved to indonesia for a forgien exchange program . When I arrived my host family gave me a huawei ideos s7 for a gift. It is very good but is on 2.1 I'm tryin to update to 2.2 but won't let me I was reading that you can update by going to the service centers I talked to my host faimly and they can't drive me. I would reallly like this update so I was wondering if u could email me the file or a link to the update and. Walk me throuh the update I'm not very good with technology this my first android.
Thank you
-Brendon

Hmm... might work. I still say the best idea is to have someone who speaks the Indonesian language email them stating they can not reach a service center and doing what Odien did, have it mailed to them.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
With the update officially released into the Indonesian region, Huawei has actually been made aware of their GPL obligations with regards to the the kernel source code associated to the update by at least one member here. However, having multiple users email them at [email protected] about this may help speed up the process.

grenness

Nov 1, 2010
Huawei Norway said earlier today that the 2.2 upgrade for the "original" S7 (single cam sold here in Norway) is ready for release, but they are waiting for an approval from Google.
Due to the Easter holiday, the release probably won't happen until a bit into next week at the earliest.

Christopher

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
I flashed 2.2 on my BB model. Wifi works, both cameras, runs very smoothly. Big thanks to everyone involved in getthing this ready for us!!

Question: does 2.2 automatically install apps to the internal memory? or do I have to flip a setting somewhere? So far nothing I've installed has actually installed anywhere except the internal 175 MB partition.

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
I flashed 2.2 on my BB model. Wifi works, both cameras, runs very smoothly. Big thanks to everyone involved in getthing this ready for us!!

Question: does 2.2 automatically install apps to the internal memory? or do I have to flip a setting somewhere? So far nothing I've installed has actually installed anywhere except the internal 175 MB partition.

You need to go into settings, applications, manage applications, pick an app. Some apps will have a button that allows you to move the app (or part of it) to the internal memory. You have to do it for each app. I think there is an app in the market that will allow you to change the default to be install the the internal memory as opposed to the 175MB partition.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Certain apps do install direct to sdcard. Well at least that is what happened for me. I was surprised.

grunta

Dec 14, 2010
A big thanks to all for the hard work on this update. Now upgraded to 2.2. SOC rooted fine. Very happy
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.