[RECOVERY] S7 Clockworkmod Recovery Port for Android 2.1 Builds

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
For starter ones should disect the update.app to a flashable zip as a starting point. So they can pave the way for chefs and developer to use as a base and of course test the flashing functionality of this wonderful CWR port great job X.

i'm currently working on an update.zip from mine now, just gotta finish setting up my linux-vm and install a few things build the zip and try and flash it, thankfully the nandroid is supposedly working, i'll let you guys know what happens if no one else gets there before me.

edit:
@xaueious: i noticed this is an older CWM, is it because 3.0.0.5/6 won't port or have you not tried?

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I don't have Android 2.3 AOSP sync'd, and that would probably take me a while. I don't know if there are any substantial changes between CWR 2.5 and CWR 3.0 for us moving forward to Froyo from Huawei in the coming month or two.

As for Huawei's update.app, I think some people tried to do the same at Modaco for other Huawei devices, but have not gotten anywhere.

What was most important for me in getting this to work was nandroid, really...

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Wow I have a crazy busy week where I'm not looking at all of the forums. And look waht happens.

=)

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
By the way are there any good tutorials on how to bike and zip that one can install via the recovery?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

elf310

Jan 10, 2011
Recovery works great, decided to play with rom kitchen and pluged the update.app into it, and it read it fine. rooted the stock rom, installed busybox, zipalligned it and made the update.zip, and flashed it to my S7. Booted right up into the stock rooted rom. Now going to have to play some more with it and put my nandroid backups into rom kitchen and see if I can get a update.zip with the widget mods, link2sd and all that.

ps used the htc rom kitchen found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246

Last edited:

mecha2012

Feb 7, 2011
Recovery works great, decided to play with rom kitchen and pluged the update.app into it, and it read it fine. rooted the stock rom, installed busybox, zipalligned it and made the update.zip, and flashed it to my S7. Booted right up into the stock rooted rom. Now going to have to play some more with it and put my nandroid backups into rom kitchen and see if I can get a update.zip with the widget mods, link2sd and all that.

ps used the htc rom kitchen found here [KITCHEN][MAR. 3 '11] HTC Android Kitchen, v0.138 [Linux / Mac / Windows] - xda-developers

Overclock underclock kernel too right I mean please.

elf310

Jan 10, 2011
Im not a rom chef, just playing around with stuff so i can break it and fix it. If i ever get the feeling to do something, Ill probably wait untill the 2.2 rom comes so we can add wifi tethering (didnt work for the 2.1 rom).

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Added the single SD version for Telstra variants. Thanks to ivyvisors for reporting back.

Wifi tethering apps were freezing on me with the netfilter kernel I compiled. The files are missing in Huawei's kernel source, so you need to merge them from somewhere like the Acer Liquid kernel effort. I think we need to beg the dev of wifi tether to set the app up properly for our device, or wait for the real 2.2 tether and hope that Huawei didn't remove it for some reason. I didn't really proceed on this because I didn't have a big need for tethering.

I guess if you are serious about donations, PM me. It would be weird to PM for it...

I don't think there's much to add to this recovery for a while. Hopefully this leads to update.zip packages for all of us :)

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011

ps used the htc rom kitchen found here [KITCHEN][MAR. 3 '11] HTC Android Kitchen, v0.138 [Linux / Mac / Windows] - xda-developers

SWEET! you beat me to it! good job man, thanks for trying it out, now that we know it works we can definitely start getting more custom...

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Whoa. Didn't realize that the ROM kitchen takes the Huawei package too. Was not reading properly.

frankbo168

Mar 1, 2011
Added the single SD version for Telstra variants. Thanks to ivyvisors for reporting back.

Wifi tethering apps were freezing on me with the netfilter kernel I compiled. The files are missing in Huawei's kernel source, so you need to merge them from somewhere like the Acer Liquid kernel effort. I think we need to beg the dev of wifi tether to set the app up properly for our device, or wait for the real 2.2 tether and hope that Huawei didn't remove it for some reason. I didn't really proceed on this because I didn't have a big need for tethering.

I guess if you are serious about donations, PM me. It would be weird to PM for it...

I don't think there's much to add to this recovery for a while. Hopefully this leads to update.zip packages for all of us :)
I can't wait to flash 2.2 using your recovery work. Not much of a cook, guess I'll just wait for someone cook something up and share with us all here. :)

frankbo168

Mar 1, 2011
in the meantime, will the old method posted by pbrauer for flashing rom still work after flashing this custom recovery? Thanks for any help in advance!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Flashing clockwork recovery doesn't effect Huawei's firmware packages. I've tested the newer Singapore ROM when experimenting, and restored a nandroid to regain what I had before flashing to the firmware.