[RECOVERY] Working recovery with UI glitches

perivarlura

Nov 27, 2010
Hi,

I just realised that I'm going to post this, hopefully to get some help getting the frame buffer issue working. I'm not giving up on it, but it just doesnt seem fair to sit on this any longer since it works, besides the GUI glitches.

As i said before, the S7 kernel does not support framebuffering, which makes the GUI in the recovery a bitt messy. When you move up / down in the menu, it switches between selecting an item on top and an item on the bottom (you'll see 4 menus in total, but the ones on each horizontal line is a mirror).

This means that it starts by using the lower one, and it uses the top one next, then it goes back to the lower one. Boot it up and you'll probably see what I mean. This shouldnt cause any problems with the recoverys operation anyhow.

If you want to enter adb in linux you will have to get a copy of usb_modeswitch and run the following line in order to get adb to recognize the device:

sudo usb_modeswitch -W -v 12d1 -p 1031 -V 12d1 -P 1035 -M "5553424370ab71890600000080010a11060000000000000000000000000000" -s 20

This will switch the huawei s7 usb device into adb mode.

Also i take no responsibilites of bricks or other problems caused by using this recovery. Its truly for learning usage only.

My credit list would be to long if I where to include all forums that I've visited to get more information about this device, but if you feel like you deserve credit, let me know and i'll add you, otherwise, thanks to all people posting information about android devices, i could never have done it without you.

Ofcourse i have to thank the creators of clockwork mod, and also the people who wrote the repack-image.pl and unpack-image.pl scripts :)

Thanks to my wife who put up with me sitting and messing around with this for almost a week, giving her not the attention that she deserved, and thanks to all users of the S7 tablet out there.

http://rapidshare.com/files/438781673/recovery.img.zip

The shortcut key for entering recovery is menu + send, if anyone wonders.

Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

BOOTING INTO THIS OR STOCK RECOVERY RIGHT NOW RESULTS IN A FACTORY RESET (WIPES DATA AND CACHE)

Last edited:

Game4set

Dec 2, 2010
Thanks for all your hard work! As an average Android user who is very capable of following guides without running into any issues, how can I install this recovery onto my rooted S7?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
this is awesome i dont even have an s7 but when i see people putting forth hard work like this i have to recognize it and say thank you. The two posts above do give me ideas for suggestions can you please add a how to that would be great you might also want to look at this thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-tablets/2941-bounty-working-recovery.html i havent been following it but you might be the first one

Last edited:

Darktroll

Dec 23, 2010
perivarlura, how can I flash this image in your S7? With ADB or Fastboot?

Last edited:

jcabibi

Dec 8, 2010
First off, thank you very much for your hard work perivarlura!

I am getting a error when in recovery:

Build = not set
E: Can't find MISC:

Any thoughts?

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

razor950

Nov 25, 2010
First off, thank you very much for your hard work perivarlura!

I am getting a error when in recovery:

Build = not set

Any thoughts?

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

This just means that he forgot to build recovery with the no misc partition flag, dont mind it at all, the device doesn't have one and can be fixed quickly.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Wow...feels like we are getting close... and I don't mean to xmas!

perivarlura

Nov 27, 2010
This just means that he forgot to build recovery with the no misc partition flag, dont mind it at all, the device doesn't have one and can be fixed quickly.

You're right, I noticed now that I used a prebuilt recovery in the image that was released. I have several of them for which I use to debug the framebuffer stuff, and I forgot to use my own build :)

Sorry about that, but it can be ignored yes as razor950 said.

I'll upload the correct version sometime during the holidays.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Tablet Forum App

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Tablet Forum App

jcabibi

Dec 8, 2010
You're right, I noticed now that I used a prebuilt recovery in the image that was released. I have several of them for which I use to debug the framebuffer stuff, and I forgot to use my own build :)

Sorry about that, but it can be ignored yes as razor950 said.

I'll upload the correct version sometime during the holidays.

Thanks again perivarlura and razor for working together on this, the community really appreciates your hard work.

I ignored the MISC error like suggested, but when I try to perform a Nand backup, I get a new error:

Error : Run 'nandroid-mobile.sh' via adb!

No rush on this issue, just wanted to give you guys a heads-up :p

Happy Holidays!

perivarlura

Nov 27, 2010
The ui glitches even more now that the misc partition handled and the nandroid script is running. I guess i need to get this fixed before i release it, or it will just be a mess.

Thought i wrote this earlier, but it got lost somehow