Requesting Firmware Dumps from Coby Generation 3 Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2012
Sorry for the stupid question... but I wonder if it's safe to do this on a Coby 7033. I want to be sure because if I screw things up I'll be royally ****ed since it's not a feasible option to send it back to Coby (I live far, far away from the US)...
Do I risk bricking the tablet if I do something wrong? I'm already rooted, have the ADB installed, and my tablet is recognized by Windows.

Dec 13, 2012
coby support tech told me several models are plagued with wifi issues and 8048 was one of the models mentioned. call and ask if you wish to confirm

overloaded999

Dec 26, 2012
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I want to say thank you to everyone who's been working on this. It's really nice to see such an active community for our device ;)

Right now, I'm still trying to root my Coby 7042. Since, the links to the .img files were removed due to people bricking their tablets, I want to ask if there is an alternative way to root it(like using the dump files somehow)? Can somebody please post a guide on how? It would be greatly appreciated.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Look one or two threads below this one and you'll have an answer to your question.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Yes, whenever i try to turn on my wifi it freezes and thats it until the battery dies or i decide to turn it off. Have any idea of how to fix that?

if this is on stock rom, return the device cause it's defective. my 8042 wifi range covers 1 acre of land. if this is custom rom, roll back to stock.

Godsgold

Sep 21, 2012
if this is on stock rom, return the device cause it's defective. my 8042 wifi range covers 1 acre of land. if this is custom rom, roll back to stock.
What should i use to roll back to stock? What method should i use given i had used livesuite to root it initially

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
OH, that is different then, most likely livesuite caused your problem, you didn't make a backup either?

Godsgold

Sep 21, 2012
OH, that is different then, most likely livesuite caused your problem, you didn't make a backup either?

No i didnt, have any idea of what i can do? I am actually using adb to install my apps but really would love if i could use the net.

zekeS

Dec 25, 2012
anyway you could help me vampirefo i have a coby kyros 7035 that is stuck on the android boot screen and was looking for a way that i might be able to recover thrpugh recovery and maybe get a stock rom

Status
Not open for further replies.